0.9.4 is out:
    • Can now delete cached contact pictures
    • Added Settings page
    • Activated update checker
    • Invisibility now persists across launches
    • Added search in contacts
    • Fixed link display in messages

Source code is now available too! View it on github

Please post here if you have any questions.
    Last edited by tgalal; 03-10-13 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Updated
    nag3, AbsoluteT23, dejanh and 5 others like this.
    03-08-13 03:48 AM
    U the man

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 03:49 AM
    Awesome...where there any updates made to the previous version?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:00 AM
    Thanks tjalal...

????

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:19 AM
    I have already installed openwhatsapp. I must say the App is far better than the Android side load. But there are some restrictions too. For instance the app only syncs contacts which are not linked with Facebook or Twitter. Furthermore I have recognised that there are no emoticons available.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:48 AM
    I have already installed openwhatsapp. I must say the App is far better than the Android side load. But there are some restrictions too. For instance the app only syncs contacts which are not linked with Facebook or Twitter. Furthermore I have recognised that there are no emoticons available.

Posted via CB10
    Technically still a step forward then?
    If all my contacts are linked with fb, is it worth taking out my PC and downloading it?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:58 AM
    This is very strange. Yesterday I got a second update that was like 3MB (on Swisscom) but I had .90 already.
    And now I can see contacts that are linked to Facebook and co. too..
    03-08-13 06:14 AM
    Will try this one later when I get home. Is the contacts bug rectified in this version?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:25 AM
    Cool, works as a charme
    03-08-13 06:26 AM
    Just installed, sooo happy! Works really really well. Don't care if official WhatsApp ever comes out now. Thanks so much for this!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:23 AM
    Thanks for link, I downloaded it buy says unable to open.

Please help.!
    03-08-13 07:27 AM
    works nice for me, thanks for the effort to bring it to BB10.

I have a small issue, I seem not to be able to change my profile picture, when i load a new one it seems to be loaded but then the old one returns. anyone is seeing this issue?
    03-08-13 07:49 AM
    Installed.
    Contacts show up perfectly.
    But it seems I am not sending messages: when I compose than send, no one seems to receive nor I have a copy of what I should have sent!

Any suggestions?
    03-08-13 08:06 AM
    I assume the app must remain open as an active frame in order to get notifications?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:13 AM
    Been using it over the Android version and i think it's pretty decent! Of course until the official whatsapp come out next week!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:52 AM
    Looks interesting. Will definitely give this a go until the official gets released next week and then we'll see which one wins out lol
    03-08-13 08:58 AM
    one more issues i have. when iam chatting with some one i still get the notification sound for every msg i receive. it is a bit annoying. when the chat is active on the screen i dont need the notification sound. plzzzzzzzzzzz fix.
    03-08-13 09:08 AM
    Just installed, sooo happy! Works really really well. Don't care if official WhatsApp ever comes out now. Thanks so much for this!

Posted via CB10
    You will when you find out the proper whatsapp version will be native and probably have emoticons, which this one doesnt. Unless you dont care then thats up to you but id rather have the native full version than this or other android ports.

For me its good enough to use until the proper whatsapp version comes out.
    03-08-13 09:17 AM
    I assume the app must remain open as an active frame in order to get notifications?

Posted via CB10
    This is on their website FAQ
    "If OpenWhatsapp is visible in running tasks, you will still receive messages. If you close it and it's not visible anymore in running tasks then you will not. This is due to a temporary limitation in Blackberry 10 where it cannot run background services at the moment. Using push notifications is not an option unfortunately because OpenWhatsapp does not own the service"

The Open WhatsApp project
    03-08-13 10:04 AM
    You can now download OpenWhatsapp from The Open WhatsApp project

Please post here if you have any questions.
    Do you get notifications while the app is not opened? Otherwise how do you know someone sent you a message via Whatsapp?
    03-08-13 10:04 AM
    I've downloaded the file, but can't see it in DDPB. It downloads as a zip file and not a .bar any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:09 AM
    Do you get notifications while the app is not opened? Otherwise how do you know someone sent you a message via Whatsapp?
    Read above, when you have the app closed...you wont get any messages. It needs to be open in order to receive messages.

I just tested this, closed the app down and had one of my friends whatsapp me...didnt get anything ie notification or message. But when i opened the app up then his message caem through.

Like i said im waiting for the official native app but in the meantime i will use this as at least i can see all my contacts and initiate chats with them.
    03-08-13 10:12 AM
    I've downloaded the file, but can't see it in DDPB. It downloads as a zip file and not a .bar any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Posted via CB10
    No idea as everytime i go to download the file, it comes up as a .bar file.

Have you tried unzipping the file that you are downloading?? maybe the .bar file is in there??.
    03-08-13 10:17 AM
    Thanks Spawn, that gave me an idea. My computer was automatically renaming it as a zip file so I had to force it to save as a bar. All done now and looking good, much nicer than the side-loaded Android app
    03-08-13 10:24 AM
    Is there a way to edit your name in openwhatsapp?
    Right now it shows my phone # not a name.

Chris

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:25 AM
64 123