Every time I inform strangers that BB exists by pulling out my phone, that has value. Adding longevity to your products adds value to your brand and new products you're selling. If people know that a Mercedes engine lasts 20 years and Mercedes will not drop them like a hot potato after they buy a car, Mercedes can charge more and make more sales.

BB still is in the smartphone business. That's why this site is still going. It's not to advertise for QNX. Or at least I don't think it is.

Posted via CB10
    No company survives without new revenue. Thinking BB owes something to anyone that doesn’t provide revenue is hilarious. BB and BBMo run businesses and not fan clubs. Be a fan, all day long. Don’t complain as fan, when something no longer exists, because it’s economically not viable, especially when you’re not contributing to it's economic viability.

No company in the smartphone business is happy with former customers encouraging prospective customers to buy hardware not sold by them. No technology company thinks customers not buying newest technology are great customers or loyal customers. If that were a business model, BB10 wouldn’t be shut down in twelve months. Planned obsolescence is what has kept consumerism alive for last couple of decades. I suppose this is why you think BBW should be kept up and running for even free or a silly gift idea of $2 million. It’s done to FORCE the last cheap BB fans to either finally pay BBMo some money or to be a financial drain to some other company, just not BB or BBMo anymore. The idea that fans whipping out the old BB devices is goodwill and is hilariously laughable. Imagine commercial with some person whipping out eleven year old iPhone as selling point.
    12-27-18 09:35 AM
    [
    Even CrackBerry says by the end of 2019, it will be time for euthanizing BB10 infrastructure since it will no longer be supported. The idea that any publicly owned company owes anything further to a discontinued line is hilarious.

It’s not as if BB didn’t already waste billions of shareholder money on a failed OS that should have never been created. Additionally, millions of development hours that could have poured into BBAndroid when BB was still relevant as OEM although it probably wouldn’t have mattered at that since BBOS revenue wasn’t replaceable by anything that Android OEMs have demonstrated.

Regardless, a corporation and it’s executives are responsible to shareholders and stakeholders. BBOS and BB10 users are no longer stakeholders after 12/31/2019 per early warning. At least BBOS users have contributed towards monthly expenses. That’s something BB10 users have never done regarding infrastructure.

Paying to keep BBW servers up would dilute BB message to users that haven’t already moved to supported platform. “Don’t go away mad, just go away.” Perhaps those BB10 users that feel strongly about the platform can find out the price to operate BBW and open their wallets. As you said, it’s only $100K and it’s only in users’ interests, no one else.
    Last edited by john_v; 12-31-18 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Removed deleted quote
    12-31-18 05:03 AM
77 ... 234