Update: version 1.2 available now with the following features:
    - Ability to create shortcuts to folders
    - You can now choose your own icon
    - Expert mode added (use with caution, see here: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...4/#post9221409)
    - Option to use thumbnail as icon for image shortcuts
    Update: version 1.1 available now. Adds the ability to create shortcuts to various areas in the system settings (WiFi, Bluetooth, screen brightness, etc)

App Name: DocuShortcut
    Summary: Create homescreen shortcuts to any document on your phone or SD card
    Link to BlackBerry World Listing: BlackBerry World - DocuShortcut
    Price: Tier 1

DocuShortcut - Free app for creating homescreen shortcuts-screen1q.pngDocuShortcut - Free app for creating homescreen shortcuts-screen3q.png
    Last edited by mikeo007; 09-19-14 at 07:27 AM.
    08-12-13 08:34 AM
    Very freaking cool Mike!
    mikeo007 and anon(3896606) like this.
    08-12-13 10:39 AM
    Thanks Shane
    If this utility proves to be popular, I'll add some more functionality like shortcuts to contacts, appointments, etc.
    Leonatthebeach likes this.
    08-13-13 08:26 AM
    I started to build this app to test some functionality in Cascades.
    I was going to just junk it, but then I realized that there were no free shortcut apps on BB World.
    So I decided to clean it up and submit it.
    Enjoy this freebie CrackBerry, and don't forget to check out some of my other apps

App Name: DocuShortcut
    Summary: Create homescreen shortcuts to any document on your phone or SD card
    Link to BlackBerry World Listing: BlackBerry World - DocuShortcut
    Price: Free
    Excellent work. I can REALLY use this.
    Thanks!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-13-13 07:08 PM
    Glad it came in handy for you If you have a spare minute, please leave a review on BB world. They really help!
    08-14-13 03:37 PM
    Amazing! Just brilliant, thanks very much!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:38 PM
    Awesome app, keep a copy of my starbucks bar code and my drivers insurance handy. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:57 PM
    Very useful app Mike. Thanks for sharing it.
    It is most helpful in being able to quickly access my frequently used pdfs.
    If you add the option for contacts that would be great.

Thanks again!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 02:13 PM
    Thanks bro
    08-19-13 12:15 PM
    Couple hundred downloads so far. Not too bad, and thanks for the reviews! I have a small update in the pipes that will give you the ability to add shortcuts to all of the various settings and configuration screens in BB10. Should make accessing things like screen brightness and Wi-Fi networks much quicker.
    08-21-13 10:52 AM
    Couple hundred downloads so far. Not too bad, and thanks for the reviews! I have a small update in the pipes that will give you the ability to add shortcuts to all of the various settings and configuration screens in BB10. Should make accessing things like screen brightness and Wi-Fi networks much quicker.
    Very cool
    If you don't already have a comprehensive list of URIs: https://github.com/SCrid2000/BlackBe...aster/URIs.txt
    08-21-13 11:04 AM
    Thanks Mike. Look forward to seeing it.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:50 AM
    Update is now live, download away!
    08-26-13 11:08 AM
    Love this app. I have 3 PDFS, 1 spreadsheet, and my "sarcasm" sign that I use almost daily. This saves a lot of pecking through the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:30 PM
    Absolutely fabulous app....thank you so very much. I will be sure to leave an excellent review, as this utility is very helpful.
    08-27-13 02:38 AM
    Any chance of getting access to the newer options panels like App Manager and Device Monitor? Pretty please?

BerryLeaks co-founder | myver
    08-27-13 07:09 AM
    Any chance of getting access to the newer options panels like App Manager and Device Monitor? Pretty please?

I will definitely add it as soon as BB makes the URIs available for the new panels. Took a few guesses at what they might be, but it looks like the URIs aren't implemented yet.
    08-27-13 11:48 AM
    I will definitely add it as soon as BB makes the URIs available for the new panels. Took a few guesses at what they might be, but it looks like the URIs aren't implemented yet.
    Cool. I figured as much. Thanks for the reply.

08-27-13 09:13 PM
    09-11-13 09:03 AM
    realized i should post my thoughts here after posting on the comment so heres a paste to contribute to the discussion:

Hi mike and thank you for this app! Yes you are correct. let me explain a little more, what would be optimal is: if i were in a a text conversation and i hit attach>photo, the file browser automatically opens my default save location for pictures (from the camera app). but if i want to attach a screenshot (since you cant change the default save location of a screenshot) i have to do the navigating. basically if i had a linking file similar to *.lnk (like shortcuts on a pc that points to a folder) that'd be great.

this probably isnt doable (due to only the os itself only showing compatible filetypes) so the next best thing> link on homescreen to a frequently used folder (screenshot folder or downloaded picture folder) would be awesome.

edit: derp. blew by that last part too quick. scratch the renaming thing. what i really wanted to know is if theres a way to shortcut directly to word substitution list? i find my q10 often doesnt save my custom entries and i end up going there a lot. unfortunately its buried like 3 levels deep in settings.
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 09-11-13 at 12:18 PM.
    09-11-13 12:06 PM
    +1

Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS. Subscribe to Channel: C00121BDD
    09-11-13 12:10 PM
    Ask, and you shall receive.
    Docushortcut has been updated with the following features:

- Ability to create shortcuts to folders
    - You can now choose your own icon
    - Expert mode added (use with caution)
    - Option to use thumbnail as icon for image shortcuts

Expert mode and the thumbnail option are both found in the options menu by swiping down from the top of the screen.

A word of warning on expert mode:
    Expert mode simply unlocks the text field that contains the shortcut URI. This means that you can type whatever you want in there. Be extremely careful when using this option, and only use it if you know what you're doing. The benefit of this is that it allows Docushortcut to be used for many additional shortcut types (maps, email, SMS, contacts, etc) before I implement them into the app proper. The downside is that you won't have the built in UI or "safety net" that you have for the current shortcut types. While testing out this functionality, I've managed to lock up my test devices several times, cause infinite loops that require a battery pull, and even perform a security wipe on the device.

Now with all that said, have fun!
    09-23-13 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the update. It is nice to be able to add folders now.
    I noticed it will only add a folder that does not have additional sub-folders in it. There are work arounds for this using a file manager or grouping files differently so it's not a big issue.
    But wondering if adding a folder that has sub-folders is doable and whether you may be adding it down the road.

Thanks again for the great app!

Posted via CB10
    snoozininsomniac likes this.
    09-23-13 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the update. It is nice to be able to add folders now.
    I noticed it will only add a folder that does not have additional sub-folders in it. There are work arounds for this using a file manager or grouping files differently so it's not a big issue.
    But wondering if adding a folder that has sub-folders is doable and whether you may be adding it down the road.

Thanks again for the great app!

Posted via CB10
    The Blackberry filepicker causes a few limitations, one of which is that you are unable to "pick" a folder that has no files in it, as you are actually selecting a file in order to create the folder.

One workaround would be to temporarily put a file into the folder that you want to link to, then after the shortcut is created, you can delete the file and the link to the folder will still work. Another option is to turn on expert mode and manually enter the folder path. The first method is probably the easiest to accomplish though.
    09-23-13 11:28 AM
    Hi again mikeo! Thanks for the update! The folder shortcuts are very welcome indeed! IWhile running though the app testing stuff I've come across a few things:

1. While directing/creating a shortcut to folders on device (internal) memory seems perfect, whenever I create a link to a folder on SD card, I get this:
    DocuShortcut - Free app for creating homescreen shortcuts-img_00000262.png
    when i hit okay, im back at root of device memory (you can see it in the background behind popup)

2. Another thing I've noticed: when i have a shortcut that is linked to a photo that is on the SD card, if the phone has been idle or SD card has not been accessed for a while (maybe use phone for text/call but nothing that uses the sd card like file browser or picture saving), the link created will end up with a broken link like so:
    DocuShortcut - Free app for creating homescreen shortcuts-img_00000263.png
    once this occurs, if i close the picture preview app and quickly launch again, it either takes me to blank screen or opens the browser. however if i go to the file manager and access the sd card/picture, close file manager and hit the link again, it'll work fine. (that is what leads me to believe the activity of the sd card matters). on seemingly random tries, after the picture up there, i wait a few seconds or what not, the link will work as it should again.

my guess is possibly, the link is too quick to launch whatever without considering access time of sdcard. that or if anything ELSE is accessing the sd card, the app doesnt queue up a file read request. note: i have no idea if this is the case, its merely a hypothesis.

3. if i forget to check the folder checkbox and select file, the box is grey and i cant select the box before going back to picking a file (to create a shortcut of its parent folder). if i exit the app and relaunch, i can then check the folder box. perhaps a "start over" or a "create new link" button somewhere?

ultimately, these are but small annoyances and im glad that folder linking is now present. none of the issues are breaking the app so its a step in the right direction.

thats it for now! thanks again for this awesome app!
    09-23-13 01:06 PM
100 123 ...