DocsToGo Needs Open Document support - not everybody has MS Office, nor does everybody want or use it.
    In fact, ms office is rubbish when it comes to cross platform interoperability - where open document formats are the better choice.

Who agrees?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:11 AM
    DocsToGo Needs Open Document support - not everybody has MS Office, nor does everybody want or use it.
    In fact, ms office is rubbish when it comes to cross platform interoperability - where open document formats are the better choice.

Who agrees?

Posted via CB10
    I much rather use an office suite with 80% or more market penetration.

To answer your question though, no I don't necessarily agree, but I don't care either.
    04-16-14 09:44 AM

Who agrees?
    I've used a number of Office Suites trying to find a free or low cost substitute to MS Office. The problem is for basic stuff they work fine, but for more complex formatting or formulas, nothing beats MS Office once you have used it. And given the issue with formats and the fact that the majority of people that I deal with use MS Office there really isn't much of a choice for me.

MS Office is rubbish when it comes to cross platform interoperabilty... on purpose.
    04-16-14 09:44 AM
    I've used a number of Office Suites trying to find a free or low cost substitute to MS Office. The problem is for basic stuff they work fine, but for more complex formatting or formulas, nothing beats MS Office once you have used it. And given the issue with formats and the fact that the majority of people that I deal with use MS Office there really isn't much of a choice for me.

MS Office is rubbish when it comes to cross platform interoperabilty... on purpose.
    Actually, Microsoft Word is a catastrophe for formulea - bearable since Office 2007.
    If you really want to write formulea, LaTeX is the way to go. I write documents and Presentations in LaTeX.
    I have Libre Office just to read office files (which end up broken) or to use the spreadsheet, but if I really want to do plotting or data manipulation, R is the better choice.

And about 6 months ago I had to translate something from LaTeX to primitive word... it was a nightmare and driving me to despair and insanity - finding out that the office 2007 format was acceptable made it bearable... (besides the fact that I had to use my own old laptop at the time as my university pc doesn't have office because it runs Linux)

To be honest I would much rather NOT deal with a format as bad as ms office.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:56 AM