Woa that's a trip!!

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    05-08-13 11:16 AM
    thanks for the warning, much appreciated!
    05-08-13 11:21 AM
    Let this be fair warning to everyone when giving permissions to apps. Read carefully before accepting. I've had some apps asking for access to certain files or features which in my opinion they didn't need. I just deny it.

I wonder what permissions this app used. Which one gives access to one's FB account?

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree, however there seems to be an increasing amount of apps asking for permissions for features not related to what the app does nor needs and fails installation when denied by the user, thus forcing them to accept everything to get the feature in the app the require. I'm unsure if this is biased towards android ported vs native vs HTML5 or not but it's creeping up.

The developer cimmunity and BlackBerry needs to seriously look into this and refine it ASAP; especially for apps with a web service!

I'm big on the reason for BB10 nit having apps for a service that the web can facilitate well for mobile devices; immensely so for social apps. Do we really need instagram when FB, email, MMS, Google, IMGUR, etc already exist long before? Personally I think not.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:07 PM
    I have this app and recently I have been noticing some strange pictures showing up in my picture folders. I have not gone to any sites with these pictures or have downloaded any of these pictures. Makes me really curious.

Z10?..yes it can!
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-08-13 12:12 PM
    This could simply be a bug with their infrastructure posting pics to the wrong associated FB account, or it could be an exploited vulnerability of their infrastructure. Hopefully the issue gets sorted and we find out more.
    05-08-13 01:05 PM
    This could simply be a bug with their infrastructure posting pics to the wrong associated FB account, or it could be an exploited vulnerability of their infrastructure. Hopefully the issue gets sorted and we find out more.
    The one of the black cats that I wrote off as a glitch had the SAME caption..."My two boys".

I don't think it's a infrastructure bug, for that reason alone.

Instagram has never done this to me in all the time I've used it on multiple platforms. So I didn't really question this app asking for twitter and facebook access because that's what these apps are FOR.

I hope the developer figures it out...but I won't be back as a customer. Sorry.
    05-08-13 03:09 PM
    ...but I won't be back as a customer. Sorry.
    Curious, if the developer resolves this (and we know lots of apps can have issues), any reason why you wouldn't try the app again?
    Or is this a case of once bitten, twice shy, etc.?
    05-08-13 03:24 PM
    That's exactly it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:47 PM
    I have this app and recently I have been noticing some strange pictures showing up in my picture folders. I have not gone to any sites with these pictures or have downloaded any of these pictures. Makes me really curious.

Z10?..yes it can!
    Not to high jack but do you have any Android Twitter apps side loaded? I know that on my PlayBook, side loaded twitter apps would automatically download and cache every display picture of everyone on my time line, whether I followed them or it was a re tweet. Very frustrating until I found out why these random pics were showing up in my pics folder.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:01 PM
    I checked the reviews, that are people saying the same thing about the random photos but they have given the app 4 or 5 stars. Not sure why but maybe so the developer doesnt remove them
    05-08-13 10:38 PM
    I stay away from side loaded apps!

Z10?..yes it can!
    05-08-13 10:45 PM
    only this time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-08-13 10:51 PM
    I'd email [email protected] too.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:57 PM
    Happened to me as well, I did revoke rights on facebook and Twitter afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-08-13 11:35 PM
    There is clearly something going bad with this app.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:42 PM
    Happened to me as well, I did revoke rights on facebook and Twitter afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

@lexteryo, we would greatly appreciate it if you could drop us an email at support (at) ristomobile.com with your PicStory ID/Facebook ID and device model so we can investigate further. If you can remember the date this occurred, that would be very helpful as well. We are taking this very seriously and are trying our best to get to the bottom of it. Again we apologise for any distress this may have caused. We urge anyone reading this who has encountered a similar issue to drop us an email as well, as this would help us pinpoint the cause. Rest assured, we will respond to this thread with our findings when done.

Thanks in advance,

support@RISTOmobile
    05-09-13 03:13 AM
    Folks,
    as soon as i read the OP's story i recalled installing the app because it had the Built for BB stamp on it but luckily for me, i have not had time to use the app and i will be waiting for this bug to be fixed

i think RISTOmobile has done very well by responding quickly to get information that can help them find the cause of this problem, we need to give them a chance and support their investigation.
    05-09-13 03:48 AM
    Damn well I have this app but dont really use it as intended .I have neither FB or twitter account there's no other way to get in.SO I kept it cause of picture frames and the BB splat frames.I still dont understand how to use filters .
    05-09-13 07:38 AM
    Just to update you guys:
    Regretfully, we have found a bug within our backend during the login process in which a small number of Z10 users were affected. We realize this is a serious issue and would like to thank reneebob and other CrackBerry members for bringing this to our attention. Our infrastructure has now been updated. We sincerely apologize and would also like to thank the moderators and respondents to this thread for your support. If anyone experiences any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us on support (at) ristomobile.com
    jzsinr and reeneebob like this.
    05-14-13 03:27 AM
    Curious, if the developer resolves this (and we know lots of apps can have issues), any reason why you wouldn't try the app again?
    Or is this a case of once bitten, twice shy, etc.?
    This could have potentially caused stress in and to her relationship, not to mention a certain amount of damage control to her Facebook network. If it was me, once bitten would be an understatement.

It's unfortunate, but in my opinion, some mistakes can NOT be made. Good on the Dev for taking responsibility though.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:38 AM
    This could have potentially caused stress in and to her relationship, not to mention a certain amount of damage control to her Facebook network. If it was me, once bitten would be an understatement.

It's unfortunate, but in my opinion, some mistakes can NOT be made. Good on the Dev for taking responsibility though.

Posted via CB10
    Dear developer, I have not been able to save pictures ever since I uploaded to the most recent version. Kindly help out
    09-20-13 11:42 PM
    Anyone else still using this app? I haven't opened it in a while and just tried to use it and the login keeps failing on both the Facebook and Twitter logins. Nor has there been an update since July.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:12 PM
47 12