Honest question here.

I do miss the Starbucks app from the iPhone but only slightly.

What does the app do that the gold card does not?

I used my sisters Andriod phone to take a screen capture of my card's barcode and tried it this morning and it works fine.

I have seen people say that you need the app for the rewards, but that simply is not true. I always get my rewards with my Gold Card.

So, the question is not about the convienence of the app, which I would like, but rather, what functionalitu do I actually miss?

I have a home screen shortcut and password saved to the mobile card page so I can see my balance and reward status.

Again, and app would be better but I just don't think I am really missing out here.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:04 AM
    How about we let the free market decide?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:21 PM
    Well, I would like an app, mostly as a backup in case leave my card somewhere.

But, some people saying that they would not get a BB10 phone due to the lack of a Starbucks app seems silly.

BB10 has trade offs. But for me, it is better 80% of the time so that is worth it to me

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:34 PM
    No you don't I have a screen shot of my card and it works perfectly!! Haha

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 03:06 PM
    I was referring to longtime, but yes, people will avoid BB due to a lack of certain apps, such as Starbucks. Apps are everything right now, no matter how good the native browser is. Whether that's good or bad is irrelevant - customers want apps, and their spending reflects that.

I want a Starbucks enough that I am willing to sideload it, at least until MAKE is ready, but that's not a viable option for most people.

Again, the free market will decide whether we get an official Starbucks app. Meantime, I'm ready to support any 3rd-party developers who want to come up with a solution.
    11-04-13 03:09 PM
    I'd prefer an app, so I don't have to implement 'workarounds' to get functionality I should have access to. I'm no developer, but I would think it wouldn't be too much trouble for them to get the android port functioning, at the very least.

Opening up a 'picture' to a barcode, and/or a 'shortcut' to the mobile page for card balance/reloading/status, etc is stupid, when an app shouldn't be too difficult to produce.
    11-04-13 03:11 PM
    No

MY BBM PIN
    762F7B58
    11-04-13 03:23 PM
    I have picture of screen shot from my Gtab. Works fine. The card sign in page from Starbucks.com I have a bookmark on my home screen so I have a "quick" link to refill my card as needed.
    I'm over the app. If we get it fine. If not doesn't matter I go to Starbucks everyday anyway. For those whining for it...get over it. That won't be the app that will save BlackBerry.

Posted with my Z10 running 10.2
    11-04-13 03:28 PM
    I'm waiting for this MAKE app.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 03:45 PM
    MAKE has been approved by blackberry world , doesn't have all the functions of the ios Starbucks app, however it works pretty good
    araskin likes this.
    11-04-13 07:07 PM
    Yeah, I agree with achiquitachaser, the MAKE app is pretty good. You technically do not NEED the Starbucks App b/c all you need is a barcode generator. That being said, i would still love to see an official app b/c then i wouldn't have to keep using the browser to check my card balance, stars, etc. (fingers-crossed for developers of MAKE to push an update with those features).
    11-07-13 08:10 PM
    You or anyone doesn't need one but you or anyone may want one.
    11-07-13 08:11 PM
    MAKE is cool app. I now use this in place of pic of my barcode from my Gtab. The map is nice. It goes to browser for reloads and balance but that's what I was doing anyway with browser shortcut. But in app makes it cooler. Nice job be developer.

Posted with my Z10 running 10.2
    11-07-13 08:13 PM
    You or anyone doesn't need one but you or anyone may want one.
    Exactly. But again, there are much more important apps needed.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:46 AM
    No one NEEDS an app. it's not essential to living.
    11-08-13 08:06 AM
    Do I "need" one? Nope, but it sure comes in handy when I forget to bring my gold card along. I hate to buy coffee and not get credit it for it! :-)
    03-18-14 04:59 PM
    And just to top up the latte cup - the Starbucks Android app works when downloaded through Snap. Although, MAKE is nice, too.
    03-19-14 01:21 AM
    Get the Starbucks app for Android here.
    Starbucks

Runs fine on my Z30.
    03-19-14 02:08 PM
    If you were smart, and cared about your health at all, you would just stop going to Starbucks. If you think I'm crazy, just go on their website and check out the calorie count on some of their drinks. There are a few drinks that are over 600 calories!

What you should be asking for is an app that will help you kick your Starbucks addiction. If you don't think your addicted, then you should ask yourself how long of a line you have stood in to get a Starbucks drink.

Sorry for the threadjack, but you guys seriously should consider a reconsideration of your priorities.

Do I *need* a Starbucks app?-starbucks_line1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 02:26 PM
    No, Tim Hortons has their native app and costs 20% of the outrageous prices as that extremely over priced waste of space.
    03-19-14 02:34 PM
    I realize OP started this thread forever ago, and loading the current *apk on 10.1.2 is old news, but still -- I put Starbucks on boycott last April because they are basically giving BlackBerry the middle finger (yes I told them, and no I didn't expect them to give a rat's ***).

You can go to MyStarbucksidea.com and put your 2 in and watch all the hate come your way. I used them mostly because they are readily available (I am out of town a lot and am in no mood to search out good indy shops). The coffee is only semi-consistently mediocre. Screw them. The amount of money they have lost from just *me* was quite a bit. Enough to at a minimum re-wrap their Android app (approx 4-5x a week at 4.50 a pop for almost a year now).
    03-26-14 07:53 PM
    Check out MAKE in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39171902

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:13 PM
    No you don't I have a screen shot of my card and it works perfectly!! Haha

Posted via CB10
    brilliant.
    03-27-14 08:16 PM
    My and my gf use the same rewards account, she uses the app and I use the card, we don't both use the app because when you sign in on another phone it logs you out of the other, so we would keep logging each other out. Starbucks does this to discourage a bunch of people using the same account but we can share it just fine

Via Z10
    03-27-14 08:53 PM