If I download Whatsapp and Twittly from it, will my original apps be replaced? Do they integrate with hub? Whats different?

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-11-14 03:40 PM
    As a general rule, anything from Beta Zone will replace any prior version of same app, whether it was the official version from BB World or an earlier beat version.

I currently only use WhatsApp and Search for iMDb from Beta Zone. Both work perfectly. WhatsApp integrates into Hub (I only use it via Hub) and Search for iMDb integrates into Search app.

A couple updates ago, there actually was a bad beta version for WhatsApp. Completely broke WhatsApp for me. But WhatsApp had a new one in BZ within a day that fixed any issue. That's been my only not-good BZ experience in recent memory.
    WhatsApp will be replaced with a beta version, which may or may not work well with the OS you have. Twittly as far as I am aware is only available from the beta zone so wouldn't replace anything

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 03:53 PM
    WhatsApp will be replaced with a beta version, which may or may not work well with the OS you have. Twittly as far as I am aware is only available from the beta zone so wouldn't replace anything

Posted via CB10
    What about Facebook?

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-11-14 04:19 PM
    Fb will be replaced. The fb beta works pretty well apart from the newsfeed issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:25 PM
    As a general rule, anything from Beta Zone will replace any prior version of same app, whether it was the official version from BB World or an earlier beat version.

I currently only use WhatsApp and Search for iMDb from Beta Zone. Both work perfectly. WhatsApp integrates into Hub (I only use it via Hub) and Search for iMDb integrates into Search app.

A couple updates ago, there actually was a bad beta version for WhatsApp. Completely broke WhatsApp for me. But WhatsApp had a new one in BZ within a day that fixed any issue. That's been my only not-good BZ experience in recent memory.
    TheB123 and jtv1 like this.
    09-11-14 06:27 PM
    Your reply to this thread has kind of answered questions I asked in other threads of my own, concerning whether our Beta Zone version apps takes over from our BB App World.

In the beginning I think I got rid of my what'sapp in App World in exchange for the Beta Zone App.

A month or two ago, I noticed I still had my fb app in my BB App World but all my updates came from our Beta Zone; so yes, Beta Zone takes preference.

jtvberry
    09-12-14 08:06 AM