Sure, but you'll lose access to BlackBerry World, BlackBerry Protect, and BBM.

Remove your device from BlackBerry Protect, then wipe your device. You can then skip the BBID sign-in when setting it up again.
    Right! I was also fairly certain there was a catch here! And I guess you also lose the restore option via Link?

Many thanks for your answer!
    01-26-20 07:17 AM
    Right! I was also fairly certain there was a catch here! And I guess you also lose the restore option via Link?

That too, yes.
    01-26-20 09:08 AM
    Back in the 80's I used to drive a Lada. It got me to work until it couldn't anymore. Context is everything ;-)
    Then again, if you had really loved that car, you could have it restored and still enjoy it today. I know, have done it many times in the past with cars I really loved.
    01-31-20 10:14 AM
    Remove your device from BlackBerry Protect, then wipe your device. You can then skip the BBID sign-in when setting it up again.
    Edit: if I want to disable Protect but retain my BBID from my current devices for the time being if I use the Protect site and click 'Remove' does that disable only Protect? As I've been wondering why Protect periodically re-enables itself when I've disabled it multiple times on my devices and only just discovered that perhaps the Protect site needs some separate changes.

Thankfully the BBID authentication issues were resolved in the last two months as it was just in time to access the World store before the cutoff and also make local backups again (no idea if World cutoff has been extended, haven't checked since).
    Last edited by Emmerich; 02-03-20 at 07:58 AM.
    02-03-20 07:46 AM
    Edit: if I want to disable Protect but retain my BBID from my current devices for the time being if I use the Protect site and click 'Remove' does that disable only Protect? As I've been wondering why Protect periodically re-enables itself when I've disabled it multiple times on my devices and only just discovered that perhaps the Protect site needs some separate changes.
    It does that from time to time - always has unfortunately.

There is a magic combination of disabling it both on the site and on the device that will make it stick.
    02-03-20 07:58 AM
    This is true. I purchased a used device that was wiped but I could not sign in with my email due to protect. The person disabled the protect on the website but didn't work, then removed it from the devices in protect page, didn't work. He had to meet me again to sign in and disabled protect then wipe before I could use it
    02-03-20 08:00 AM
    I am fairly certain that what I'll ask has been already covered on other threads, but since I can't find it now, is there a way to remove BBID and continue using the phone without one? If yes, how can it be done, and does it entail anything else?

If not, well....that's life!
    Several have tried using BB10 without a BBID... it does work. But as Conite said you lose a lot....

But BlackBerry's activation servers have separately gone down for short periods, for both the PlayBook and BB10 devices in the last year... when that happens, you can't do anything with a device that needs to be "setup".

Bottom line we don't know what would happen if "everything" were to suddenly go down.

Right now the odds of that happening are really small.... but every month that goes by, the odds do increase.
    02-03-20 09:55 AM
    This is true. I purchased a used device that was wiped but I could not sign in with my email due to protect. The person disabled the protect on the website but didn't work, then removed it from the devices in protect page, didn't work. He had to meet me again to sign in and disabled protect then wipe before I could use it
    Hey Passporter,

Just as a side note there are ways around this if needed. PM or e-mail me if you ever run into a similar situation again.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-03-20 04:46 PM

Hey saint,

While you can run without Blackberry ID, there's no reason to do so as, despite what many on Crackberry seem to think, BBID is a back-end service that Blackberry Limited has committed to supporting.
    02-03-20 04:47 PM
    Hey saint,

While you can run without Blackberry ID, there's no reason to do so as, despite what many on Crackberry seem to think, BBID is a back-end service that Blackberry Limited has committed to supporting.
    Until something breaks that involves money to fix. BB isn’t really committed to anything mobile at this point if someone isn’t footing the bill...

Just look at BBMe on iOS lack of support. Earnings is what BB has to worry about now. BB won’t spend money to shutdown or fix anything for any platform.
    Laura Knotek and conite like this.
    02-03-20 05:07 PM
    Hey saint,

Thanks TT! Yes, I'll stay with my BBID and take the journey!
    02-04-20 10:48 AM
    It does that from time to time - always has unfortunately.
    There is a magic combination of disabling it both on the site and on the device that will make it stick.
    Tried this earlier in the month and felt more confident about it remaining off... until today I checked and it's back to enabled on the device.

Even did the steps suggested in your other post of disabling it on the phone, leaving that screen open, then removing it from my account on the Protect site.

This feature is like the undead :P
    02-24-20 09:27 PM
    You still around TT updating?
    I realize this is a few months old, but for anyone wondering: December was a rough month for me but I am indeed still around and updating. I'm going through this thread to pick up people's requests and will see what I can do about contacting the devs in question.

BB10......What Is Dead May Never Die.
    anon(5597702) and dmlis like this.
    03-03-20 11:12 PM
    Does Sachesi work on anything other than a Windows machine? I think it also works on a Mac, right? Asking for @Naimisha...

Posted via CB10
    Hi guys,

For both you Ben and @Naimisha , there is indeed a version of Sachesi for Mac:

Namisha, I know you've been using the Chrome extension, but hopefully you find this helpful:

https://mega.nz/#!I4xXGJ4b!K1Nz70Nyc..._YaqqkI_kGOh5I
    Last edited by TrumpetTiger; 03-06-20 at 08:43 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-03-20 11:22 PM
    Hi guys,

Namisha, I know you've been using the Chrome extension, but hopefully you find this helpful:

Appreciate your incredible helping spirit @TrumpetTiger I will try this and see how this goes.

Am quite ok with the Chromebook version as of now though.

Pass(ion)Port!
    03-09-20 08:47 AM
    HG10 - Native Google Hangouts client by amonchakai on GitHub
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EIl...ew?usp=sharing

T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Settings Client
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gOA...ew?usp=sharing
    04-01-20 01:03 PM
    I create this channel to post your bar file on telegram channel

https://t.me/bb10barfiles

Posted via CB10
    you mute everyone in this channel.
    04-09-20 07:40 AM
    The thing about using the Chrome extension, you have to put the device in developer mode. Not a big deal, just something else to deal with.
    sachesi has mac version now
    04-09-20 08:06 AM
    you mute everyone in this channel.
    I don't unsterstand you can't post ?
    04-09-20 08:22 AM
    Link to apps graciously released by @Smiley88 and ToySoft: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-apps-1183880/

Thanks dev!
    04-11-20 01:59 PM
    Toysoft Inc. BlackBerry 10 Apps

They released all their bb10 apps.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-10-a-1184096/

A new native BB10 Youtube client
    04-19-20 06:02 PM
    Toysoft Inc. BlackBerry 10 Apps

They released all their bb10 apps.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-10-a-1184096/

A new native BB10 Youtube client
    On the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    04-19-20 06:19 PM
    Okay. Let's do it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-20 06:22 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks @TrumpetTiger - I attacked this version with gusto only to be disappointed. Short version - it does not work. It does not detect the Passport on the Macbook.

For installation I am relying on the Chrome extension and Dukto for file transfer. Or in a pinch I will transfer files via Telegram. Lets see...

Pass(ion)Port!
    06-15-20 09:47 AM
    looking for myaccountant bar file
    06-20-20 12:26 AM
245 ... 78910