The bar files aren't available.
    I read that as barflies and thought where’s conite hanging out at 10AM looking for barflies?
    10-24-19 09:24 AM
    I read that as barflies and thought where’s conite hanging out at 10AM looking for barflies?
    I would have caved much earlier. The bar bottoms out at 2am.
    10-24-19 09:30 AM
    anyone pls ?
    I just use NewPipe. Get it from here;
    https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org....newpipelegacy/

Posted via CB10
    10-24-19 09:38 AM
    Out of a few thousand devs, a (few?) dozen or so seem to be around to respond to inquiries. A subset of those have made their app(s) available.
    And THIS is why I'm not enamored of the Android app ecosystem either. Most apps are developed by small-time dev teams who keep moving on to the next shiny object or opportunity. I don't trust them to maintain their apps or follow best practices (or even their own policies) to protect my privacy or security.

Obviously, I don't expect people to devote their time to dead-end projects, but it's impossible to predict for these small, essentially anonymous teams what will and won't be done in the future, or even what they are doing today. Zero accountability = zero trust.

I don't blame the devs. The business model wants them to develop 20 different "minimum viable products" to see which ones gain traction, and the others get orphaned. But there is no way I'm using any of them.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-24-19 09:40 AM
    And THIS is why I'm not enamored of the Android app ecosystem either. Most apps are developed by small-time dev teams who keep moving on to the next shiny object or opportunity. I don't trust them to maintain their apps or follow best practices (or even their own policies) to protect my privacy or security.

Obviously, I don't expect people to devote their time to dead-end projects, but it's impossible to predict for these small, essentially anonymous teams what will and won't be done in the future, or even what they are doing today. Zero accountability = zero trust.

I don't blame the devs. The business model wants them to develop 20 different "minimum viable products" to see which ones gain traction, and the others get orphaned. But there is no way I'm using any of them.

It's easy to stick to the big guys for 99% of your needs.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-24-19 10:35 AM
    It's easy to stick to the big guys for 99% of your needs.
    Agreed. But I keep hearing people say that the hundreds of thousands of apps on Android and iOS is a feature, when I see it as a bug.

Unfortunately, people are hard-wired to view abundance as a good thing from our hunter-gatherer days. That's why bigger stores sell more products, even though they generate more losses in obsolete and expired products. People see abundance as a license to consume, even when it hurts them (too much food and too many apps).

10-24-19 11:21 AM
    I'm looking for Term48 and sip.fm BAR.
    I've tried to send an e-mail to developers, but I haven't get any answer by now.
    12-15-19 03:52 PM
    I'm looking for Term48 and sip.fm BAR.
    I've tried to send an e-mail to developers, but I haven't get any answer by now.
    The whole notion of developers releasing their apps has completely fizzled obviously.

In over 3 months, we've collected a total of 18 - half of which came from one developer.
    12-15-19 06:28 PM
    The whole notion of developers releasing their apps has completely fizzled obviously.

In over 3 months, we've collected a total of 18 - half of which came from one developer.
    Back in the 80's I used to drive a Lada. It got me to work until it couldn't anymore. Context is everything ;-)
    12-15-19 06:52 PM

Thanks for the effort in any case, and it's nice that there is at least a repository for NY devs that want to support it.

12-15-19 06:56 PM
    I love that the Crackberry app still works. Surprised they haven't given up on us.......completely

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-15-19 09:23 PM

that's really a pity. I will try to reach them out again past 31/12/2019
    12-16-19 08:20 AM
    Greatly appreciate the extra work so many of you are putting to keep this going.

I was looking for a few native apps - Neutron player, Sterotube or Supertube. But the links posted don't seem to work. Are the links expired by any chance?

These apps are not to be found on the App store.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 12:11 AM
    Greatly appreciate the extra work so many of you are putting to keep this going.

I was looking for a few native apps - Neutron player, Sterotube or Supertube. But the links posted don't seem to work. Are the links expired by any chance?

These apps are not to be found on the App store.

Posted via CB10
    Links are opening fine for me... try a different browser?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 06:25 AM
    Links are opening fine for me... try a different browser?

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly, Ben. I tried with the native browser and with Fennec. No luck. Then I could actually download the file using BEOL. But after extraction the BAR file does not install. I simply get a message 'Uable to open ***.BAR'

FYI the Yandex link in the thread was what worked for me in terms of download.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 06:33 AM
    My thoughts exactly, Ben. I tried with the native browser and with Fennec. No luck. Then I could actually download the file using BEOL. But after extraction the BAR file does not install. I simply get a message 'Uable to open ***.BAR'

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    You have to download to your PC. Bar files have to be sideloaded.
    12-17-19 07:54 AM
    You have to download to your PC. Bar files have to be sideloaded.
    Oops. I am dusting off my 5 year old BlackBerry Passport for use here. It appears I may have forgotten a lot more BB10 tricks.

Would sideloading work off a Macbook? Or would it need a Windows machine? Any specific app to be used while sideloading? Or is it a simple copy paste job? Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 08:21 AM

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Like conite said, you'll need to download to PC, then use a desktop program such as Darcy's BlackBerry Tools or Sachesi to sideload BARs.
    Link to DBBT: https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 08:37 AM
    Like conite said, you'll need to download to PC, then use a desktop program such as Darcy's BlackBerry Tools or Sachesi to sideload BARs.

Posted via CB10
    Can see how that might be confusing to some.... and an issue for some users.
    12-17-19 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I remember using one of these in times gone by. It will be a while before I get a hold of a Windows machine. But I will get it done. Thanks much, Ben and group!

Interacting with you guys and reading your posts is almost as rewarding as putting my Passport back to use!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 07:50 PM
    I forgot to mention. Yesterday I watched a lecture on Youtube straight through the native browser. It was a very satisfying experience with truly amazing audio for a mobile device.

So now I am not bothered about Sterotube or other Youtube apps. But would love to have Neutron.

Does anyone know what DAC's and/or opamps have been used in the headphone out section of the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 11:35 PM
    I forgot to mention. Yesterday I watched a lecture on Youtube straight through the native browser. It was a very satisfying experience with truly amazing audio for a mobile device.

So now I am not bothered about Sterotube or other Youtube apps. But would love to have Neutron.

Does anyone know what DAC's and/or opamps have been used in the headphone out section of the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    It's funny, but I have only EVER used the native browser for YouTube and could never understand why other people used apps. I still don't. Maybe it's because I don't watch hours and hours of YouTube videos? I search in the browser, find a video, watch it...no problems.

I don't know about the Passport, but the earlier BB10 phones and the PlayBook used Wolfson DACs. Cirrus Logic acquired Wolfson in 2014, but I assume the Passport also used a DAC from them.

12-18-19 01:22 AM
    It's funny, but I have only EVER used the native browser for YouTube and could never understand why other people used apps. I still don't. Maybe it's because I don't watch hours and hours of YouTube videos? I search in the browser, find a video, watch it...no problems.

I don't know about the Passport, but the earlier BB10 phones and the PlayBook used Wolfson DACs. Cirrus Logic acquired Wolfson in 2014, but I assume the Passport also used a DAC from them.

On my Android devices I use NewPipe and MusicPiped extensively for Youtube. There does not appear to be any other solution to listen to the vast music database there without having to suffer through the video. Of late the NewPipe APK is not behaving on the Passport and when I try updating via F-Droid it does not seem to work. Hence the need to find an alternate solution.

Thanks for the detail on the DAC. Let me try it out and see where I get with the headphone port. I remember reading an old article claiming that the Passport's output rivalled decent dedicated DAP's. Time to test it out...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-19 01:33 AM
    NewPipe APK is not behaving on the Passport
    Make sure you are downloading NewPipe Legacy version : https://search.f-droid.org/?q=newpipe+legacy&lang=en
    Naimisha likes this.
    12-18-19 08:27 AM
    But would love to have Neutron.
    Neutron is on this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...657.1561126407
    12-18-19 08:32 AM
245 ... 34567 ...