View Poll Results: How to make blackberry apps in 2022

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • using momentics

0 0%
  • or some other tools

0 0%
    Dear All, I need to develop blackberry 10 app for my blackberry Z10 phone. I installed momentics IDE and created hello world project using cascades.

But problem is that I can not create a BAR file because I am unable to create a BB ID token and certificate. I need to make unsigned app in development mode, but as tutorials on youtube suggests I still need to make token and certificate.

Please tell me how to do it, or is there any other way to make blackberry apps ??

Please help me, I am in a great need of it.
    Thanks
    12-06-22 10:09 AM
    Dear All, I need to develop blackberry 10 app for my blackberry Z10 phone. I installed momentics IDE and created hello world project using cascades.

But problem is that I can not create a BAR file because I am unable to create a BB ID token and certificate. I need to make unsigned app in development mode, but as tutorials on youtube suggests I still need to make token and certificate.

Please tell me how to do it, or is there any other way to make blackberry apps ??

Thanks
    You could make an Android App that's compatible with Android 4.3...
    12-06-22 11:11 AM

Thanks
    You can no longer make BB10 apps, as the signing keys server is shut down.
    12-06-22 11:53 AM
    Thanks for reply, do android apps need debug token or signing certificate etc to install the app on blackberry Z10
    12-08-22 12:47 PM
    Thanks for reply, do android apps need debug token or signing certificate etc to install the app on blackberry Z10
    No, but the android runtime in BB10 cannot install or run any android app above version 4.3. There are possibly other restrictions as well. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can expound upon that. They are installed just with a download and a tap. No special software is required to install. The android app will never run as well as a native app but some of the simple ones run reasonably well.

** for a good example of an app that runs well check out Specie in the open source F-Droid app store: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org....farmer.specie/

You can check out the source code / build log etc and try it out on your Z10 - note the android requirements
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-08-22 04:47 PM
    Is there a way to "adapt" android app for specific device? E.g. to make it work well with BB Classic's keyboard.
    03-20-23 07:08 PM
    Is there a way to "adapt" android app for specific device? E.g. to make it work well with BB Classic's keyboard.
    Maybe... I know some were able to tweak some of the NES Emulators to better allow functionality with the PKB. But you'd need to search for info on that and see if there are any specifics directed at Android Developers that were porting over their Apps in 2012 - 2014. Beyond that BlackBerry didn't both much with developer support.
    qmishery likes this.
    03-31-23 08:00 AM