Sorry a reboot with a fresh install helped

Posted via CB10
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    05-04-13 10:19 PM
    Sorry a reboot with a fresh install helped

Posted via CB10
    Hi Sayf777,

Is okie. At least I know that helps. I will check the codes to prevent this type of thing from happening.

Best regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    05-04-13 10:23 PM
    Thanks. I've been using the app for a while, so i think if may just have been the phone

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:28 PM
    Thanks. I've been using the app for a while, so i think if may just have been the phone

Posted via CB10
    Leave a review for me.=)

I have people troll in the review.
    05-04-13 10:39 PM
    Hi Jonathan,

Is it possible to add an option to count the data usage while roaming?

Thanks in advance!

Great app!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:03 AM
    Hi Jonathan,

Is it possible to add an option to count the data usage while roaming?

Thanks in advance!

Great app!

Posted via CB10
    Hi there,

If I add it in, it will be manual switching for now until i can think of how to detect the switching of sim card.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    05-06-13 04:36 AM
    Why do you want to change sim cards while roaming?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-13 04:50 AM
    Hi there,

If I add it in, it will be manual switching for now until i can think of how to detect the switching of sim card.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    Thanks for replying!

I actually meant roaming without switching the SIM. For instance when your out of your home country for a few days or so.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:18 AM
    Same here, I am using the same SIM card while roaming.

What you would need to detect is the switch into a different wireless network and/or the fact roaming option (little R triangle indicator) is actually active.

Great app though

Remi.

Posted via CB10
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    05-06-13 06:19 AM
    Johnathan:

Are you able to set it up to show what programs are using all of the data? Since moving from the Torch 9850 for the Z10, my data use has quadrupled. I want to see what is causing it, not just how much I am using.

Thanks for the great app!
    05-06-13 08:10 AM
    Why do you want to change sim cards while roaming?
    This is my reason. I live in Canada and was in the U.S. for a couple of days on the weekend. I got a T-Mobile prepaid sim card and for $3/day got unlimited talk/text/data. If I roamed using my own (Rogers) sim card, I could pay $8/day and get 50MB of data with NO voice and NO text. It's a little more inconvenient (different phone number, etc), but well worth it financially.
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    05-06-13 08:18 AM
    Johnathan:

Are you able to set it up to show what programs are using all of the data? Since moving from the Torch 9850 for the Z10, my data use has quadrupled. I want to see what is causing it, not just how much I am using.

Thanks for the great app!
    Hi,

I can only access the data usage of individual app if blackberry give me the headless access but i am actually trying to by pass it.

Thanks for the support.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    05-06-13 08:49 AM
    Awesome, just downloaded. Thanks Jonathan!

My month end is on the 18th, it's too bad that my counter won't start until the 19th of this Month. Caught a little bug, in the app it saids (using my month end for example) that my check period is from May 19th to June 19th, this should be from May 19th to June 18th.

Not a big issue at all, but did caught my eyes when I saw it.
    05-06-13 12:10 PM
    For some reason I cannot add a review to BW?? I wanted to give you your props though, I am still very happy with this app, you have done a terrific job! I check it daily ( well, okay, I look at it a lot, daily) My month is almost up so I am excited to see the final verdict with DataCheck Pro vs my bill.

Looking forward to your next one!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:54 PM
    I think I may have discovered a bug, but could someone else please check to verify? I was just using my phone in wifi hotspot mode, which obviously uses my data. I then connected with my laptop (via wifi) and was on for a couple of hours. When I shutdown hotspot mode, I noticed in Datacheck Pro that my "data" usage hadn't really changed, but my "wifi" usage had gone up significantly. Is Datacheck Pro counting wifi hotspot use as wifi? If so, how quickly can a fix be put in place?

*Edit* I just checked with my Rogers online account and, yes, my data usage has gone up by about 220MB (which is what I used on wifi hotspot). No change shown in Datacheck Pro. So it appears this is definitely a bug. Any thoughts of a possible fix and/or timing?
    Last edited by npisano; 05-08-13 at 12:45 PM.
    05-08-13 01:49 AM
    Hi there,

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    Jonathan you can track your roaming comsumption based on the network used, which should be accessible in the phone I think. In fact there is a special mode detected by the phone when roaming.. By assigning data comsumption to that tag you could count data in roaming..

Just in case it helps..
    05-10-13 01:15 PM
    any update soon, mate? i am looking forward to fully depend on this app for my data usage after the starting date is getting fixed.

keep up the good work and thanks for the great app.
    05-10-13 01:23 PM
    Hi Bro,

The start date is fixed, just fine tuning the codes.

Should get it out to BlackBerry today.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:40 PM
    Hi Bro,

The start date is fixed, just fine tuning the codes.

Should get it out to BlackBerry today.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng

Posted via CB10
    cool man, thanks alot.
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    05-11-13 05:09 AM
    cool man, thanks alot.
    Hi,

I submitted the bug-fixed for the app already. I notice that there is a copycat out in the market. Kindly be advise about that.

I am going through legal means to get BB to pull the app out of the app world.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    05-11-13 05:29 AM
    Yea man, ppl noticed it as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:25 AM
    Sorry Jonathan one more thing, it's happened a few times so hope it's not the phone but sometimes the wifi data will start collecting under data out (uploading) when I'm not uploading but browsing and downloading. The cellular data works fine but at some time the data by the wifi will only show as out until i reset to zero.

I'll try to figure out when that starts happening

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sayf777; 05-12-13 at 10:48 AM.
    05-12-13 10:36 AM
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the long delay, my app have to be sign by a new developer key so when you get update the app. You should see two app with the same logo. The new one will have more enhance to the codes to prevent memory and battery leak.

You can use the previous usage function to restore the numbers to the new app.

NOTE : Just delete the old one after you transfer the data information to the new app. I am very truly sorry for this.

I cannot get back the old keys after my computer crash. My new app codes are also lost. I must now redo everything.

I am waiting for BB to help to update the new key to the app world.

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    05-12-13 12:38 PM
    No worries! I am still behind you 100%...

I love the app, and still watching it closely- continue to be amazed at the accuracy.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:48 PM
    Hi Guys,

I push the update through the blackberry already. Thanks for your support. I bringing more things to the table the next version.

App Name: DataCheck Pro

[B]
    Release Note for version 1.0.2.3 (15/05/2013):

- Reduce Battery Consumption
    - Date Bug-fixed
    - Decimal Bug-fixed

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    05-14-13 11:54 PM
251 ... 34567 ...