Hi,

Not fully headless yet. Use another method to do it.=)

Posted via CB10
    Hi Jonathan, if the app isn't running in active frames, will notifications work once a threshold is passed?
    04-28-13 07:27 PM
    Very good app, I've used it for a day now and I love it... very helpful. Thanks for developing it.
    04-28-13 10:42 PM
    Hi plkyif,

Yup the notification will come in when the threshold is reached. Dun worry about that..

For GB calculations , I will add it in during the second update.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:13 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:20 PM
    Subscribed! Will download when the update comes through. Not having an active frame open all the time sold me.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:46 PM
    Hi, do leave a review for me if it helps u

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:57 PM
    Hi,

I know a few others mentioned this already, but it's so hard to believe I had to ask again Does it really update "data usage" while the app is closed (not in active frame)? Also, is it just as accurate when closed? If it does, will be 1 of the 1st

Thanks,
    04-29-13 05:55 AM
    Yes it does, I closed it last night and took a screen shot before. Got about 9 emails, 2 BBMs and a Skype msg... when i opened the app it had the same reading but after about 30 seconds it updated to show the new wifi data balance. Very impressive.
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    04-29-13 08:07 AM
    Just bought this app on the proviso it updates usage when closed

This is confirmed

Don't know how you did it though

Posted via Freshberry Z10
    04-29-13 08:32 AM
    I might be wrong but I think this just reads the data usage which is logged somewhere on the z10 when you launch it as the other app that does something similar called Data Monitor reads this every hour if you leave it open, so I don't believe it is a headless app as such but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Not sure how the notifications will work if the app isn't active though.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    04-29-13 08:41 AM
    Well good enough for now, and he has openly said that as soon as headless is available he will be right on it.. so, happy with the app so far

Posted via Freshberry Z10
    Jonathan Ng likes this.
    04-29-13 08:45 AM
    I might be wrong but I think this just reads the data usage which is logged somewhere on the z10 when you launch it as the other app that does something similar called Data Monitor reads this every hour if you leave it open, so I don't believe it is a headless app as such but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    Hi there,

The app will track your usage through a certain method without the need to turn on the app at all. It is not fully headless which I mention. The use of that code is to allow the app to function without the need to turn on.

Note : you still need to turn on the app for every reboot then close it to let it run. Headless means background running when bootup.

In simple words, now cannot auto run but future can.=)

Constantly adding in new requested features for you guys.
    04-29-13 08:46 AM
    Hi Guys,

This is the timeline of the upgrading process of the app.

1) Weekly Option (End of May)
    2) Calculate by month by GB (End of May)
    3) Find API to count the outgoing calls and sms (Middle of June)
    4) Design and develop phone usage counter (Middle of Jun)
    5) Anymore suggestion???

Please be related to the app use.=)
    04-29-13 08:57 AM
    Hi there,

The app will track your usage through a certain method without the need to turn on the app at all. It is not fully headless which I mention. The use of that code is to allow the app to function without the need to turn on.

Note : you still need to turn on the app for every reboot then close it to let it run. Headless means background running when bootup.

In simple words, now cannot auto run but future can.=)

Constantly adding in new requested features for you guys.
    Hi Jonathan, if you close the app and a couple of days later the monthly reset occurs, and then you open the app a few days after that. Does it know how much to allocate before and after the reset?
    04-29-13 09:27 AM
    Hi Guys,

This is the timeline of the upgrading process of the app.

1) Weekly Option (End of May)
    2) Calculate by month by GB (End of May)
    3) Find API to count the outgoing calls and sms (Middle of June)
    4) Design and develop phone usage counter (Middle of Jun)
    5) Anymore suggestion???

Please be related to the app use.=)
    Record data usage based on SIM card so those that switch cards while travelling can can keep track of their data.
    04-29-13 09:36 AM
    A good suggestion might be having a graph to show the fluctuation in usage? Just a thought.
    04-29-13 10:44 AM
    DataCheck Pro-img_00000011.png

Hey Johnathan, I am using a 4GB per month plan from Starhub. Since your app only measures the monthly quota in MB, I converted the amount and put it as 4096 MB. However, when I did that, the screen turns red and tells me I have exceeded my data. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000011.png 
Views:	951 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	156155

Hey Johnathan, I am using a 4GB per month plan from Starhub. Since your app only measures the monthly quota in MB, I converted the amount and put it as 4096 MB. However, when I did that, the screen turns red and tells me I have exceeded my data. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Same for me too...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:48 PM
    I have the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:07 PM
    Hi guys,

Actually i notice the bug on last Saturday GMT+8 and i fixed the bug and update the version on Blackberry. It is still waiting for approval. I will drop blackberry a tweet and email to get the update out.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause by this bug.

Anything just email or leave a post for me.
    04-29-13 08:03 PM
    Hi guys,

This is the screenshot of the updated app. Sorry for the wait. I am rushing Blackberry.

DataCheck Pro-img_00000210.jpg

DataCheck Pro-img_00000211.jpg
    11pts, the_igg and jonjohn1978 like this.
    04-29-13 08:15 PM
    Hello,

Is the app able to differentiate between "default" carrier data usage and roaming data usage, when using wireless carrier network connection (3G/4G) ?

I have separated data plan for default usage (while in my home country) and roaming usage, and I wonder either the app can track that separately.

Thank you!

Rmi.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:36 PM
    Hello,

Is the app able to differentiate between "default" carrier data usage and roaming data usage, when using wireless carrier network connection (3G/4G) ?

I have separated data plan for default usage (while in my home country) and roaming usage, and I wonder either the app can track that separately.

Thank you!

Rmi.

Posted via CB10

Hi Rmi,

Currently it does not have the function but I am keen to put it in due to the fact alot of people requested for it. One feature will be launch at a time. Thanks for the support.=)

Best Regards,
    Jonathan Ng
    04-30-13 08:04 AM
    Hi Jonathan, if you close the app and a couple of days later the monthly reset occurs, and then you open the app a few days after that. Does it know how much to allocate before and after the reset?
    Hi Jonathan, any feedback for this? Does the app allocate the amount before and after the monthly reset when it's not running? Thanks!
    04-30-13 07:44 PM
    Hi,

It will have issues if you are on the old version but update your version now to solve it.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:48 PM
251 1234 ...