- Live exchange rates for 148 currencies
    - Historical charts
    - Built-in calculator
    - Offline mode
    - BB10 native UI look and feel

Here is a simple introduction page: Currency for BlackBerry 10

Some screenshots:

(updated screenshots in #15)
    Last edited by sh2sg; 05-24-13 at 02:55 AM.
    dietertong likes this.
    02-08-13 12:29 PM
    That looks fantastic!
    02-08-13 12:33 PM
    Looks amazing!!!! this will be a must-have app for me once the Z10 is released here in Mexico (I hope it's rather sooner than later).
    02-08-13 01:17 PM
    it is approved and available on BlackBerry World now
    BlackBerry World - Currency

Can mod help to move the post to App Announcements Forum?

Thanks
    02-15-13 01:57 AM
    The XE app on BBOS legacy was brilliant, I thought! Will check this out later. Thanks for letting us know

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 08:19 AM
    guess people don't like paid app...
    02-15-13 09:22 PM
    Considering there is a limited market for this (i rarely travavel so dont need it) AND its only been a week AND the Z10 is brand new system with limited users thus far ..... You think MAYBE your being a little premature.
    battery likes this.
    02-15-13 09:27 PM
    I know, I don't worry about this, it is published to public less than 24 hours, nothing to complain.

What I tried to say is, there are bunch of currency apps in AppWorld recently approved, most of them are ported Android crap, most of them are free, most of them are made in various BlackBerry events just for a free BB10 device or USD100, but they attract downloads, and have reviews and ratings even negative feedbacks, hence they have good position in the search list...

So I am thinking from user point of view, when you are looking for an app such as currency in App World, how do you select / try among the huge list? I guess most of people will try from top of the list, some may check ratings and reviews, but if it is a paid one, it will get very little chance to be picked up unless the publisher is a big name.
    02-15-13 09:52 PM
    I see your dilemma. I must admit that while I will pay for a good app with functionality that meets my needs, and to encourage the developer, I am also likely to go with a free one. I have a ported "Exchange Rates" currency app that works well despite no historical chart. However, if I needed the charts, I would pay for yours or one like it. Having said that, I quite like your app's offline functionality and that gives it the edge over the ported app.
    02-15-13 11:15 PM
    What is the update frequency? Is there a way to change it?

Thank you for the nice app!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 10:05 AM
    auto-update is disabled, I personally don't think it is necessary but if people want auto-update, I can enable it in next version.

you can always tap the title bar to manually update, or use context menu.
    Last edited by sh2sg; 02-16-13 at 10:42 AM.
    battery likes this.
    02-16-13 10:18 AM
    That's perfect for me - don't want to waste the battery! Thanks!
    02-16-13 10:34 AM
    Help to write a review with rating if you feel it is good. thanks~
    02-16-13 10:47 AM
    auto-update is disabled, I personally don't think it is necessary but if people want auto-update, I can enable it in next version.

you can always tap the title bar to manually update, or use context menu.
    Why not make it a user option to enable or disable?

I buy large amounts of USD and like to know what the current trend is. I know of course that the market exchange rate is different then the actual trade rate but still a couple of points means hundreds of dollars to me.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-16-13 01:36 PM
    Version 3.0 is now available in AppWorld:

- Live exchange rates for 148 currencies
    - Historical charts
    - Built-in calculator
    - Offline mode
    - Support Active Frame and auto-update in Active Frame (new)
    - Auto or manual update (new)
    - Rearrange menu items, make it easier to access historical chart and settings (new)

Some screenshots:
    Attached Thumbnails Currency app for BB10-c1.png   Currency app for BB10-c2.png   Currency app for BB10-c3.png   Currency app for BB10-c4.png   Currency app for BB10-c5.png  

Currency app for BB10-c6.png   Currency app for BB10-c7.png   Currency app for BB10-c8.png   Currency app for BB10-c9.png   Currency app for BB10-c10.png  

05-24-13 02:54 AM
    Just curious: which source do you use? Google, Yahoo, some other?
    05-24-13 11:22 AM
    Just curious: which source do you use? Google, Yahoo, some other?
    Data are from Yahoo Finance
    05-24-13 02:24 PM
    Whao looks good I'm gonna download to support!

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    05-24-13 02:36 PM
    Well done - very useful for my travelling. Just downloaded now.

I would rename 'Usages' as 'Help'. The term 'Usages' really doesn't make sense although I understand why you may have chosen the term.

Good luck with your business.
    05-24-13 03:30 PM
    Right them - now I've used this currency converter, the overall vision and simplicity of the product is excellent.

However, the flow is a little jerky which makes it feel a little cheap. Also, when I hold down a currency to bring up the options, it seems to stall until I lift my finger. This is confusing. The options should really autoload after one second just like the standard BlackBerry interface.

So, a little more tweaking and you've got a good product on your hands
    Last edited by marcusperkins; 05-24-13 at 04:36 PM.
    05-24-13 04:04 PM
    Right them - now I've used this currency converter, the overall vision and simplicity of the product is excellent.

However, the flow is a little jerky which makes it feel a little cheap. Also, when I hold down a currency to bring up the options, it seems to stall until I lift my finger. This is confusing. The options should really autoload after one second just like the standard BlackBerry interface.

So, a little more tweaking and you've got a good product on your hands
    Thanks for the feedback. I can feel context menu slightly delay too, trying to figure out why's that so, the context menu is supposed to slide out when pressing and holding for 667ms, but now it looks like you need to hold for more than 1s.
    05-24-13 11:54 PM
    Seems to be a little more responsive after a restart, so maybe the problem was here. Works well now.

However, there is a feeling that it is not smooth, and whilst that has no bearing on functionality, it does impact on the perception of quality.

Keep up the good work.
    05-25-13 04:50 AM
    Seems to be a little more responsive after a restart, so maybe the problem was here. Works well now.

However, there is a feeling that it is not smooth, and whilst that has no bearing on functionality, it does impact on the perception of quality.

Keep up the good work.
    v3.1 is available on AppWorld, some UI improvements to make it more smoother. let me know if any issue.
    Thanks
    05-28-13 01:16 AM
    Good work. And thanks for also changing 'Usages' to 'Help'. Looks much better now.

To make this app really perfect for people who use this kind of utility a lot I have one more comment.

Changing the order of currencies is simple, but they can only be rearranged one step at at a time. This is quite a laborious process if there is a lot of moving to do. Would it be possible to have the option to hold the arrow in addition to tapping it? At the moment the process involves repeated cyclical steps which is not very efficient.

This is not a deal breaker, but if you want to elevate your brand to one that represents quality, every aspect needs to thoughtful, intuitive, visually smooth and efficient. People really notice that.
    sh2sg likes this.
    05-28-13 02:38 AM
    Good work. And thanks for also changing 'Usages' to 'Help'. Looks much better now.

To make this app really perfect for people who use this kind of utility a lot I have one more comment.

Changing the order of currencies is simple, but they can only be rearranged one step at at a time. This is quite a laborious process if there is a lot of moving to do. Would it be possible to have the option to hold the arrow in addition to tapping it? At the moment the process involves repeated cyclical steps which is not very efficient.

This is not a deal breaker, but if you want to elevate your brand to one that represents quality, every aspect needs to thoughtful, intuitive, visually smooth and efficient. People really notice that.
    I don't think BB10 has such drag-and-move item effect like iOS has, but I can look into this and see if I can make something similar.
    One quick way to change the order is, from Add/remove currencies, remove all of them and add again in order.

thanks for the feedback.
    05-28-13 03:09 AM
32 12