Hi all,

I am just wondering if anybody has the CTV News app and if they are having issues the last few days?

I use this app so often and it's excellent for all my local and national news stories. The video feature stopped working a while ago and multiple emails to Bell Media hasn't resolved the problem but I was ok with just the printed content.

I am getting a connection error and I want to see if it's just mine or if the app is following its TSN sports app cousin and dying a slow death on BlackBerry 10.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 12:04 PM
    Hi all,

I am just wondering if anybody has the CTV News app and if they are having issues the last few days?

I use this app so often and it's excellent for all my local and national news stories. The video feature stopped working a while ago and multiple emails to Bell Media hasn't resolved the problem but I was ok with just the printed content.

I am getting a connection error and I want to see if it's just mine or if the app is following its TSN sports app cousin and dying a slow death on BlackBerry 10.

Thanks

Posted via CB10

I've been getting the same connection error for a couple days. I suspect this is the end of the CTV News app, but I haven't seen anything to confirm it.
    12-14-17 07:16 AM
    I've been getting the same connection error for a couple days. I suspect this is the end of the CTV News app, but I haven't seen anything to confirm it.

I have emailed CTV News and Bell Media at a few email addresses and I am hoping they offer a fix. It's a real shame as it was an excellent app for Canadian news content. The video portion died about a year ago but it was sill an app I used multiple times a day. I am having the same issue with the Bell Media app, TSN.

Fingers crossed it comes back to life!!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 10:18 AM
    I have emailed CTV News and Bell Media at a few email addresses and I am hoping they offer a fix. It's a real shame as it was an excellent app for Canadian news content. The video portion died about a year ago but it was sill an app I used multiple times a day. I am having the same issue with the Bell Media app, TSN.

Fingers crossed it comes back to life!!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I hope they fix it as well, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that my Classic is finally simply a phone/email device now. All the apps I used to use are no longer working besides theScore (please keep working). On a good note, I've also walked away from FB since they killed their app, woohoo.
    12-14-17 02:12 PM
    Yeah I hope they fix it as well, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that my Classic is finally simply a phone/email device now. All the apps I used to use are no longer working besides theScore (please keep working). On a good note, I've also walked away from FB since they killed their app, woohoo.
    In the case of CTV, they have a pretty minimalist mobile site that works fine in the BB10 browser. Why not add a shortcut on the home screen?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 05:08 PM