Is there a way we can set it up so that Remember actually creates a New Note instead of a Task. I have Evernote synced with Remember so it makes sense to have a note created but everytime I share a link or something I want as a note it only is able to create a Task.

Found no clues messing with the settings too. Any thoughts?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-10-20 07:40 AM
    I guess based on the no response this is not possible. Never mind - I will try and use Noted or some other solution.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 01:42 AM
    I guess based on the no response this is not possible. Never mind - I will try and use Noted or some other solution.

Pass(ion)Port!
    Noted is a good idea. About Evernote. If you have an active note open and minimized, you can share just about anything to that note. I think it usually doesn't work if the app isn't open with an active note.

I've always liked Compose. appworld://59991991‎
    Easy to link to other documents using markdown.
    Helium is great also, especially for reading.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 01-15-20 at 03:18 AM.
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-15-20 03:06 AM
    Noted is a good idea. About Evernote. If you have an active note open and minimized, you can share just about anything to that note. I think it usually doesn't work if the app isn't open with an active note.

I've always liked Compose. appworld://59991991‎
    Easy to link to other documents using markdown.
    Helium is great also, especially for reading.

Posted via CB10
    Compose looks good..thank you. The reason I was looking at Evernote was to see if my notes could travel between devices. I guess that may not be possible or well.i could always copy and paste to create a new note in Remember...

I will try to see if having Remember open and a note handy can help in that regard.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 04:12 AM
    Regarding Evernote and sharing things between devices: I have used Evernote on my work iPhone a few times to send a file to to my BB10 Notes app (which is synced to Evernote). It works very well.

And the file ended up as a 'Note' not a 'Task' which, I think, is what you wanted?

(It also reminds me why I don't like Apple as I can't Bluetooth a file to/from their stupid phone... I do like some Apps though!)

Posted via CB10
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-15-20 09:26 AM
    Regarding Evernote and sharing things between devices: I have used Evernote on my work iPhone a few times to send a file to to my BB10 Notes app (which is synced to Evernote). It works very well.

And the file ended up as a 'Note' not a 'Task' which, I think, is what you wanted?

(It also reminds me why I don't like Apple as I can't Bluetooth a file to/from their stupid phone... I do like some Apps though!)

Posted via CB10
    I sometimes want to save a portion of a web page for reference. I mark up a portion, hit Share and there is no option for the Notes app. Although I can see the Notes app when I search via the assistant. This is strange. Anything I am missing?

But I do see that it is synced with Evernote.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 09:47 AM
    Compose looks good..thank you. The reason I was looking at Evernote was to see if my notes could travel between devices. I guess that may not be possible or well.i could always copy and paste to create a new note in Remember...

I will try to see if having Remember open and a note handy can help in that regard.

Pass(ion)Port!
    I hope you didn't misunderstand.

I meant Evernote native app which seems gone frome BBWorld.

No I don't think BB10 can export or share more than one note from Remember or Evernote at a time. There are better methods to share and sync your data than either of them.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-20 10:11 AM
    I sometimes want to save a portion of a web page for reference. I mark up a portion, hit Share and there is no option for the Notes app. Although I can see the Notes app when I search via the assistant. This is strange. Anything I am missing?

But I do see that it is synced with Evernote.

Pass(ion)Port!
    I think I understand now, and you were right (about sharing only to 'Task' with the 'Remember' option)... and most importantly what you want to do (get a 'Note' in the 'Remember' app) is possible. You have to install the native Evernote app and link it to the native Remember app and it works great.

I just tried this and it got a Note straight in to my BB10 Notes app from the BB10 native browser (via Native Evernote):

1) Selected text in browser, pressed the 'Share' icon
    2) Selected 'Evernote'
    3) Pressed 'Done' in Evernote
    4) Looked in the 'Notes' section of the 'Remember' app and it was there instantly.

It's pretty dammed good this app and the integration between the two.

By the way, you don't really have to start using Evernote for your note taking if you don't want to, the two just talk to each other. Evernote is the link inbetween for syncing. I use Remember for Notes and Tasks and it's just brilliant and is a nice little bonus for the few occasions when I need to see them on another device using Evernote.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-20 10:24 AM
    @jamescarruthers - love it that it is working for you. Unfortunately I dont see a native Evernote app in the BlackBerry world. Perhaps I am too late?

Would be another feather in BB10's cap if this gets working. Hmm...will keep trying. I hope I am not missing anything obvious...

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 10:36 AM
    Can you see it at this link?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1700

Posted via CB10
    01-15-20 11:53 AM
    If you can download the app from the above link to BBW I think you then have one more step to link Remember and Evernote together, if it doesn't happen automatically.

Go to 'Settings', 'Accounts', and then in there you should be able to add an Evernote account.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-20 11:55 AM
    Can you see it at this link?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1700

Posted via CB10
    I am afraid I dont get to see this app on the store. I get an error loading dialog and then the home page. Are there country restrictions in place perhaps?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:15 AM
    If you can download the app from the above link to BBW I think you then have one more step to link Remember and Evernote together, if it doesn't happen automatically.

Go to 'Settings', 'Accounts', and then in there you should be able to add an Evernote account.

Posted via CB10
    I already have Remember configured and able to see all my Evernote entries. I can see the Notes app (Blackberry's own) when I search via assistant.

This is pretty frustrating. Perhaps it is time to consider using something like Clipman and simply paste it in Remember wherever I want?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:17 AM
    Hmmm, this is frustrating because it works beautifully just your phone isn't allowed Evernote for some reason!

I think there is one more thing that could be done if someone can confirm that Evernote is definitely an app that normally comes with the OS from BB. Did you delete the standard-issue Evernote from your phone at some point or have you never had it?

A) you could do a non-destructive update to the latest OS (10.3.3.3216) which should give you all of the 'latest' files. This is known as the Blitz method, using Sachesi. What OS are you on now?

B) Someone cleverer than me could maybe extract the latest Evernote BAR file from the latest BB OS files and send it to you? I seem to remember that this is possible (didn't we get Mempig this way?) but don't know how to do it. I guess @conite would know?

Posted via CB10
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-16-20 03:25 AM
    Hmmm, this is frustrating because it works beautifully just your phone isn't allowed Evernote for some reason!

I think there is one more thing that could be done if someone can confirm that Evernote is definitely an app that normally comes with the OS from BB. Did you delete the standard-issue Evernote from your phone at some point or have you never had it?

A) you could do a non-destructive update to the latest OS (10.3.3.3216) which should give you all of the 'latest' files. This is known as the Blitz method, using Sachesi. What OS are you on now?

B) Someone cleverer than me could maybe extract the latest Evernote BAR file from the latest BB OS files and send it to you? I seem to remember that this is possible (didn't we get Mempig this way?) but don't know how to do it. I guess @conite would know?

Posted via CB10
    Yea, I have a Z10, Z30, and a Classic. They have Evernote as a stock application after a factory reinstall everytime.

Posted via CB10
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-16-20 03:31 AM
    Yea, I have a Z10, Z30, and a Classic. They have Evernote as a stock application after a factory reinstall everytime.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent, this is good news, thanks Leyra.

In this case the Bar file should be available, I think, either alone by extraction from BB OS files and side-loading or with an update to the latest OS via Blitz (to save Naimisha's data on the phone) or by running an Autloader on the phone (if Naimisha fancies a fresh install).

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 03:37 AM
    Excellent, this is good news, thanks Leyra.

In this case the Bar file should be available, I think, either alone by extraction from BB OS files and side-loading or with an update to the latest OS via Blitz (to save Naimisha's data on the phone) or by running an Autloader on the phone (if Naimisha fancies a fresh install).

Posted via CB10
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g53odjimij...0.515.bar?dl=0
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-16-20 03:38 AM
    I am afraid I dont get to see this app on the store. I get an error loading dialog and then the home page. Are there country restrictions in place perhaps?

Pass(ion)Port!
    By the way, in which country are you in? I don't know how BBW works out location specific stuff? What about removing the SIM for a start, and then connecting to a VPN in the UK for a second option.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 03:38 AM
    I live in India. @conite has been kind enough to share a link to a. BAR file. Let me try installing that.

And no @jamescarruthers I did not uninstall any stock BlackBerry app as far as I can recall. It has been almost 6 years since I have had this with me.

Thank you so much guys. Despite all the naysaying I doubt if very many other communities are this proactive and helpful.

I used to fish around for similar stuff with Jolla Sailfish and the environment there was quite different. Although yes there was help; this is at a different level.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:43 AM
    Oh and I am on 10.3.2.2836.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:44 AM
    Ah this is good news. Hopefully you will have it up and running very soon with that Bar file. Nice one Conite.

Naimisha, It might be a good idea to update the OS to the latest one (10.3.3.3216) when you have time.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 03:47 AM
    Many things seem to point toward updating to the latest version. I have just been putting it off. Mostly because I dont want to spoil anything that is already working. Just humour me if you will please - what am I missing by not updating to the latest version?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:55 AM
    Many things seem to point toward updating to the latest version. I have just been putting it off. Mostly because I dont want to spoil anything that is already working. Just humour me if you will please - what am I missing by not updating to the latest version?

Pass(ion)Port!
    A slightly upgraded Android Runtime, and the Krack security patch mainly. It also has updated certificates for the browser.
    01-16-20 04:04 AM
    Yes I keep getting the certificate error when I visit a few sites via the native browser. Correct me if I am wrong but does the multicert app help with the certificate situation? Or is it all about the upgrade alone?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 04:09 AM
    Wow, thanks.
    You wouldnt happen to have Term48 bar file?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-20 06:29 AM
37 12