Hi,

Whilst replying to another thread earlier, it was pointed out to me that the both Crackberry app., and the native Twitter app. eat a lot of memory. I checked my device usage, and CB was running at well over 250mb, and Twitter at about 80mb. I kept and eye of them both over the next hour or two, and both increased by 10-15mb in that time.

I unistalled/reinstallled both, and they rightly went back to there 1-2mb original sizes, but are both now back up into double-figures already.

I only have around half of my 16gb device storage full on my Z10, and a 32gb memory card, so it's no biggie, but I'm intrigued as to whether this is something that I just have to live with, or if there's a way to clear these app's cache to keep the usage down, or is an occasional delete/reinstall the only way? TBH I've not noticed yet if other apps I use do similar things, but these two do seem to be the biggest culprits, even if they're not the only ones.

Cheers.
    02-27-14 05:41 AM
    Yes!! I have noticed the same thing. And as for the CB app, the only way to delete that cache that eats device memory is to uninstall and reinstall.
    Stwutter likes this.
    02-27-14 08:15 AM
    Yes!! I have noticed the same thing. And as for the CB app, the only way to delete that cache that eats device memory is to uninstall and reinstall.
    Hmmm... Shame if so. I mean, if I were to just leave CB & Twitter for a few months, you could be talking a near full GB of space for two apps that, in there raw state from BBWorld, are about 2.5mb combined. Obvs an uninstall/reinstall every so often isn't the end of the world, but it's inconvenient, particularly if you use the device memory and not a card.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-27-14 08:47 AM
    Hmmm... Shame if so. I mean, if I were to just leave CB & Twitter for a few months, you could be talking a near full GB of space for two apps that, in there raw state from BBWorld, are about 2.5mb combined. Obvs an uninstall/reinstall every so often isn't the end of the world, but it's inconvenient, particularly if you use the device memory and not a card.
    It IS inconvenient and ridiculous! I wish we could delete the cache for these apps.
    02-28-14 04:54 PM