04-22-14 09:52 PM
182 ... 678
tools
    Wow - you're a genius!!!
    I'm blown away by the so called "update". It's a new "generation" of the app.
    Thanks for implementing many (all?) feature requests - and even more. I looove the bubbles on the notes with a due date and the way how I can configure the active frames display is better than I hoped.

This app is a Showcase app for BB10!!!

But - you know me - there's one thing I'm missing
    Where's the "brushed metal" background? I know the app is called "Corky Notes" and not "Post-it notes on a brushed metal blackboard" but this background looked so much nicer on my Q10
    01-24-14 01:31 AM
    And one question: what does the "Note Design" setting mean and how does "best performance" differ from "best looking"?
    01-24-14 01:36 AM
    Wow - you're a genius!!!
    I'm blown away by the so called "update". It's a new "generation" of the app.
    Thanks for implementing many (all?) feature requests - and even more. I looove the bubbles on the notes with a due date and the way how I can configure the active frames display is better than I hoped.

This app is a Showcase app for BB10!!!

But - you know me - there's one thing I'm missing
    Where's the "brushed metal" background? I know the app is called "Corky Notes" and not "Post-it notes on a brushed metal blackboard" but this background looked so much nicer on my Q10
    Due to large volume of negative emails that I've received after the update, for a second I thought you were being extremely sarcastic - I'm glad you weren't!

Anyway, long story short, the reason why the "appearance" customization options were discarded was to create a base for future development. The previous version of the app was somewhat of a mess and adding features after features on top of a mess was becoming unmaintainable. Do not worry though, since this update allowed me to create a solid foundation, starting now, I will be carefully adding features in the future.

Detailed description about the update and more in-depth explanation will be posted on CrackBerry/my website/my twitter in the following days so stay tuned!

My twitter is @gyubok by the way. I say interesting stuff, occasionally.
    01-24-14 02:11 AM
    And one question: what does the "Note Design" setting mean and how does "best performance" differ from "best looking"?
    best performance takes out the gradient the original version of Corky Notes had. I found that without that gradient, there is absolutely no performance degradation. I've tried adding 30 notes on a cork board with "best performance" setting and the fps never dropped!

Probably should've better explained it inside the app..
    01-24-14 02:12 AM
    Due to large volume of negative emails that I've received after the update, for a second I thought you were being extremely sarcastic - I'm glad you weren't!
    Ouch - why!?
    No, believe me, my excitement is real and I really love this app... and your dedication to BlackBerry development.

Regarding the app: it is not only functional but also looks very nice. So it's really fun to use. "Remember" might have more functionality and might be better integrated with the Hub but it doesn't look inviting and the UI is too bulky, so that I prefer CorkyNotes.

My twitter is @gyubok by the way. I say interesting stuff, occasionally.
    Yep, I know I don't really use Twitter but thanks to a tweet of yours, I heard about the update.

Cheers
    qbo likes this.
    01-24-14 02:45 AM
    Thanks for the update qbo!

Great to see that you are still working on the app and on BlackBerry apps. I had the impression that you are quite fed up with BlackBerry
    04-22-14 08:36 AM
    I just had time to sit down and play with the new update, lots of fun and neat stuff!

Thanks for the hardwork.

Corky notes is still one of my favorite apps!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:52 PM
182 ... 678