Awesome app, only recommendation is to make it a one step process to add a new note, similar to the Lazy Lists app

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:54 PM
    Can you integrate Lazy Lists into Corky Notes for those of us who have purchased both? I have Corky on my main screen & often have it running as an active frame. It's a bit of a pain to have to also have Lazy running at the same time. If you could tell corky you want to create a list & then have it open Lazy that would be awesome.

Also, can you please add Date & Time to Corky Notes? Sometimes you have things you want to do at a certain time, not just on a certain day.

Thx
    gyubok likes this.
    08-05-13 10:56 PM
    I honestly don't know whether we'd be able to integrate those two apps. One method that might make this possible is to allow exporting function from Corky Notes (of one tab) and create all the notes inside that tabs as a list and save it as a .txt file. At the same time, allow Lazy Lists to import a
    .txt file and create a list with it. Actually that doesn't sound so hard

I think this process is the only way possible in terms of "integrating" those two apps. When we decided to create Lazy Lists, we were targeting users who don't use and refuse to use Corky Notes but as we have noticed that many users want export/import feature, we will add this feature in future release!

Thank you for being our customer

Corky Notes and Lazy Lists for BlackBerry 10 developer
    08-05-13 11:27 PM
    I agree with the request for Corky Notes and Lazy Lists integration. Would be neat if you could:

- send a List from Lazy Lists to Corky Notes and it appears as a new Tab. Allowing you to visually arrange list items
    - send a Tab from Corky Notes to Lazy Lists and it appears as a new List. Allowing you to action off and prioritize items as you do them

Posted via CB10
    gyubok likes this.
    08-06-13 10:46 AM
    I've downloaded Corky Notes and am very pleased with it. Great App and I think it is going to be very useful.

I have a suggestion (to add to all the other ones): when in Active Frame mode, could the folder name be displayed with each note so that you knew which list the item belonged to.

Also, what about a setting where you could select which folders displayed in the Active Frame.

The reason for this is, for instance, I've got a shopping list which is not relevant for a few days but at the same time I've got a list of things I want to get done today. I don't need the Active Frame to show the shopping list until I go shopping!

Just an idea...!

Posted via CB10
    allwi and gyubok like this.
    08-08-13 04:52 AM
    Hello, the latest update attempts to fix the issue with the due date color not updating - please let us know if the issue is fixed!
    It not attempts so but it fixes the issue Many thanks - this works fine now

The current method of calendar integration allows calendar to fire a notification on behalf of Corky Notes.
    Tested this and saw that I overlooked this - My "problem" is that the notification (with the alarm sounds) is raised at midnight (because it's an all-day event). When I switch on the phone the next day, I see the notification but usually click it away ... as I have different things on my mind (checking mails).
    It would be cool, if instead of a all-day event, Corky Notes, could simply add a zero-time event at the start of the work day. But it's more a nice-to-have feature ...

when in Active Frame mode, could the folder name be displayed with each note so that you knew which list the item belonged to.
    Great idea - I love it! May as shown below?
    Corky Notes for BlackBerry 10!-activeframewithtabname.png

Also, what about a setting where you could select which folders displayed in the Active Frame.
    Now we are at least two who would like to have this

I also looked more into my "tab naming" issue - but could not find anything to fix it
    The names of the 3rd and 4th tab are somehow mixed up on my device: The 3rd tab always shows the name of the 4th and the 4th always shows 'undefined'.
    It doesn't matter if the tabs are disabled or if I rename them.
    Even weirder is that the 5th tab shows the correct name.
    Any ideas what causes this issue or any more info you need to identify the reason?
    gyubok likes this.
    08-11-13 07:41 PM
    It not attempts so but it fixes the issue Many thanks - this works fine now

Tested this and saw that I overlooked this - My "problem" is that the notification (with the alarm sounds) is raised at midnight (because it's an all-day event). When I switch on the phone the next day, I see the notification but usually click it away ... as I have different things on my mind (checking mails).
    It would be cool, if instead of a all-day event, Corky Notes, could simply add a zero-time event at the start of the work day. But it's more a nice-to-have feature ...

Great idea - I love it! May as shown below?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ActiveFrameWithTabName.png 
Views:	409 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	191753

Now we are at least two who would like to have this

I also looked more into my "tab naming" issue - but could not find anything to fix it
    The names of the 3rd and 4th tab are somehow mixed up on my device: The 3rd tab always shows the name of the 4th and the 4th always shows 'undefined'.
    Any ideas what causes this issue or any more info you need to identify the reason?
    Re the folder name appearing in the Active Frame, your suggestion is fine by me! I think that would be very useful.

Posted via CB10
    gyubok likes this.
    08-12-13 11:56 AM
    I agree with the request for Corky Notes and Lazy Lists integration. Would be neat if you could:

- send a List from Lazy Lists to Corky Notes and it appears as a new Tab. Allowing you to visually arrange list items
    - send a Tab from Corky Notes to Lazy Lists and it appears as a new List. Allowing you to action off and prioritize items as you do them

Posted via CB10
    The process above wont be as fluently implemented as you described but basic import/export have been implemented for Corky Notes 2.3.x and Lazy Lists 1.1.x!

Just adding couple of more features and patching little bugs and testing before release!
    08-12-13 02:14 PM
    I've downloaded Corky Notes and am very pleased with it. Great App and I think it is going to be very useful.

I have a suggestion (to add to all the other ones): when in Active Frame mode, could the folder name be displayed with each note so that you knew which list the item belonged to.

The reason for this is, for instance, I've got a shopping list which is not relevant for a few days but at the same time I've got a list of things I want to get done today. I don't need the Active Frame to show the shopping list until I go shopping!

Just an idea...!

Posted via CB10
    An amazing idea. Definitely will take your suggestion!
    08-12-13 02:15 PM
    when in Active Frame mode, could the folder name be displayed with each note so that you knew which list the item belonged to.
    Another thought - can we also add in how many days a task is due or how long a task is overdue
    Corky Notes for BlackBerry 10!-corky.png
    08-14-13 10:15 PM
    I had to "insert" another tab on the 3rd position and so moved the 3rd and 4th tabs (names, colour, icon) manually down ... and suddenly I see the following behaviour:
    • The 1st and 2nd tab are (still) fine,
    • the new 3rd tab shows the name of the 2nd
    • but the names of the (moved) 4th and 5th tab are correct now?!

Weird ...
    08-14-13 10:23 PM
    Another thought - can we also add in how many days a task is due or how long a task is overdue

Name:	corky.png 
Views:	512 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	192609
    Cool idea, we will be looking into overhauling the UX in the due date mode of Corky Notes!
    08-15-13 04:58 PM
    I had to "insert" another tab on the 3rd position and so moved the 3rd and 4th tabs (names, colour, icon) manually down ... and suddenly I see the following behaviour:
    • The 1st and 2nd tab are (still) fine,
    • the new 3rd tab shows the name of the 2nd
    • but the names of the (moved) 4th and 5th tab are correct now?!

Weird ...
    Thank you for reporting this! We are looking into this issue but have had problem reproducing it. No worries, we will find it and fix it!
    allwi likes this.
    08-15-13 04:59 PM
    Thank you for reporting this! We are looking into this issue but have had problem reproducing it. No worries, we will find it and fix it!
    ... and some more info: It seems that the tab behaviour is linked to the used icon.
    Example:
    I have four tab: Person, Suit Case, Book, Hat with the names Personal, Work, Follow Up, Other.
    I see Personal, Work, Undefined, Other.
    When I change the ICON of the 3rd tab from Book to Person, I see Personal, Work, Personal, Other.
    When I change the ICON of the 3rd tab to Suit Case, I see Personal, Work, Work, Other.

Hope that helps
    gyubok likes this.
    08-15-13 06:47 PM
    On occasion the active frame shows the cork board minimized as opposed to the proper active frame screen. Only once have I had to close it and reopen, most of the time it stays like that for a quick second when moving panes but goes back to normal.

Corky Notes for BlackBerry 10!-img_00000764.png

Posted via CB10
    gyubok likes this.
    08-15-13 08:23 PM
    On occasion the active frame shows the cork board minimized as opposed to the proper active frame screen. Only once have I had to close it and reopen, most of the time it stays like that for a quick second when moving panes but goes back to normal.

Name:	IMG_00000764.png 
Views:	927 
Size:	679.5 KB 
ID:	192850

Posted via CB10
    This is quite interesting. I believe the active frame implementation in Corky Notes is flawless but I've been wrong before (too many times lol). We'll look into it but I strongly believe that it was a OS hiccup!
    08-15-13 09:08 PM
    ... and some more info: It seems that the tab behaviour is linked to the used icon.
    Example:
    I have four tab: Person, Suit Case, Book, Hat with the names Personal, Work, Follow Up, Other.
    When I change the ICON of the 3rd tab from Book to Person, I see Personal, Work, Personal, Other.
    When I change the ICON of the 3rd tab to Suit Case, I see Personal, Work, Work, Other.

Hope that helps
    You guys are so awesome, thank you for this detailed explanation!! Will look into this first thing tomorrow!
    08-15-13 09:08 PM
    You guys are so awesome, thank you for this detailed explanation!! Will look into this first thing tomorrow!
    I'm pretty sure you'll hate me
    But I found another bug - when you enable the due date, it has as default the current date and the note turns blue: okay.
    When you then change the date (accidentally) to the past it turns red: okay as well BUT if you afterwards correct the date to a future date, it stays red (and does not change to green). It the same the other way round: at first future date -> green, then past date -> stays green.
    No big issue because disabling the due date keeps the date and after re-enabling, you have the correct colour.
    gyubok likes this.
    08-16-13 02:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure you'll hate me
    But I found another bug - when you enable the due date, it has as default the current date and the note turns blue: okay.
    When you then change the date (accidentally) to the past it turns red: okay as well BUT if you afterwards correct the date to a future date, it stays red (and does not change to green). It the same the other way round: at first future date -> green, then past date -> stays green.
    No big issue because disabling the due date keeps the date and after re-enabling, you have the correct colour.
    We're always grateful for those of you who find bugs for us! With your bug report, we actually found some other bugs related to that.

Thanks!
    allwi and CMcRob like this.
    08-19-13 11:06 PM
    Example:

Hope that helps
    Just squashed this bug!! Update coming up as soon as we figure out where to implement export/import function !
    08-19-13 11:13 PM
    Just squashed this bug!! Update coming up as soon as we figure out where to implement export/import function !
    Awesome - thanks guys
    Not only your app is great but your support as well (if not even better).
    gyubok likes this.
    08-20-13 12:54 AM
    I updated to the new version - and now the tab labels are shown correctly. Many thanks

I there anything else new or fixed? I tested the due date setting (and colouring) and this still has the small flaw.

btw: Do you have a "roadmap" for new features - are you planning any new features? On the one hand, I love Corky Notes because it's so simple and so easy to use ... but after a while you start thinking: Wouldn't it be nice, if ...

My feature requests and dreams so far:
    • Automatically open a new note for editing after creation: This is the "biggest" usability flaw in the app. You can double tap the free space to create a new note but you have to tap this note again to edit it. When you create a new note, you definitely want to set a title, so automatically opening the note after creation will improve the process.
    • Show the tab of the note in Active Frames
    • Show the due date or the days until/since the due date in Active Frames
    • Configure which tabs should be shown in Active Frames
    • Configuration of the note colours (no due date, pre due, due today, over due) ... you can get rid of the 'dark notes' option then
    • Nicer, cleaner app icon

Dreams:
    • The (awful) Remember app has the synchronised folders (Notes, Tasks).
      Would it be possible to have the option to add these (esp. the tasks) as tabs to Corky Notes?
    • Integration with Lazy List ... i.e. that Lazy Lists and Corky Notes share the same database and the different lists in LL are shown as tabs in Corky Notes and vice versa.
      Maybe even integrating both apps into a single one and having lists and notes as different switchable views? (Though I still prefer Corky Notes)
    • Attachments? It would be cool, if you could attach mails and pics - BUT this might also make the app too bulky and too complex to handle. So not sure, how you could do it nicely without breaking the current UX.
    08-26-13 08:07 PM
    [...]the due date setting (and colouring) and this still has the small flaw.

btw: Do you have a "roadmap" for new features ...

• Automatically open a new note for editing after creation

Would it be possible to have the option to add these (esp. the tasks) as tabs to Corky Notes?
    Hi gyubok - any updates on the "roadmap"?
    I esp. interested in the feature above - after using the Q10 more and more, I really would love to have a sync with Outlook tasks (and notes), and flagged emails as done by Remember. Is there an option?

Cheers
    allwi
    09-11-13 06:46 PM
    I updated to the new version - and now the tab labels are shown correctly. Many thanks

I there anything else new or fixed? I tested the due date setting (and colouring) and this still has the small flaw.

btw: Do you have a "roadmap" for new features - are you planning any new features? On the one hand, I love Corky Notes because it's so simple and so easy to use ... but after a while you start thinking: Wouldn't it be nice, if ...

My feature requests and dreams so far:
    • Automatically open a new note for editing after creation: This is the "biggest" usability flaw in the app. You can double tap the free space to create a new note but you have to tap this note again to edit it. When you create a new note, you definitely want to set a title, so automatically opening the note after creation will improve the process.
    • Show the due date or the days until/since the due date in Active Frames
    • Configuration of the note colours (no due date, pre due, due today, over due) ... you can get rid of the 'dark notes' option then
    • Nicer, cleaner app icon

Dreams:
    • Integration with Lazy List ... i.e. that Lazy Lists and Corky Notes share the same database and the different lists in LL are shown as tabs in Corky Notes and vice versa.
      Maybe even integrating both apps into a single one and having lists and notes as different switchable views? (Though I still prefer Corky Notes)
    • Attachments? It would be cool, if you could attach mails and pics - BUT this might also make the app too bulky and too complex to handle. So not sure, how you could do it nicely without breaking the current UX.
    Thank you for these amazing suggestions! We do have an update coming soon (probably sometime early next week) but none of those features you suggested are there.

We will definitely make sure to improve the information presented via Active Frame.
    I also like the idea of making a note entire an image, though, we'll probably have to look into how we'll do it.
    As for the syncing with Lazy Lists, I don't think we will find a "ideal" way to do this. Our current implementation is to allow all notes in a tab (in Corky Notes) be saved in a .txt file and be imported in Lazy Lists and vice versa.
    Also, the combining the two apps at their current state will be far too difficult
    We'll look into integrating CorkyNotes to Remembers' task.

Thank you for being our customer!
    allwi likes this.
    09-12-13 03:26 PM
    Hi gyubok - any updates on the "roadmap"?
    I esp. interested in the feature above - after using the Q10 more and more, I really would love to have a sync with Outlook tasks (and notes), and flagged emails as done by Remember. Is there an option?

Cheers
    allwi
    We'll look into syncing with Outlook and let you know if Corky Notes will be able to integrate the service.

After the next update, we'll definitely post some sort of Roadmap of all the features coming!
    allwi likes this.
    09-12-13 03:28 PM
182 ... 5678