We're trying to optimize how the elements in the app use the screen real estate of a mobile device. To do so, instead of labelling the categories with words, we're thinking that it's best if we simply let you guys use icons that best represents your categories.

We currently have:

Check mark
    Grocery basket
    Book icon
    Brief case
    Light bulb
    Graduate hat
    Passport

Feel free to let us know what other categories might be useful to this list or our support email!
    06-14-13 01:31 PM
    We're trying to optimize how the elements in the app use the screen real estate of a mobile device. To do so, instead of labelling the categories with words, we're thinking that it's best if we simply let you guys use icons that best represents your categories.

We currently have:

Check mark
    Grocery basket
    Book icon
    Brief case
    Light bulb
    Graduate hat
    Passport

Feel free to let us know what other categories might be useful to this list or our support email!
    Travel Icon
    06-14-13 01:34 PM
    Exclamation point

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:05 PM
    Vehicle and music icons.

And a Z10 icon. Not sure why yet but, why not? You asked.

And a dog icon.

Thnx.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:35 PM
    How about an icon for kids? A boy and a girl?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:41 PM
    Thanks, every icon mentioned above will be included for the next update!

I'll post them up when they're designed.

Corky Notes for bb10 developer
    06-14-13 09:07 PM
    Will the ability to change colors be in the update also?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:09 PM
    Will the ability to change colors be in the update also?

Posted via CB10
    Correct. Though I can't specify "change colors" for what, you seem to have fairly good idea of what it is that I'm referring to

06-14-13 10:22 PM
    Thanks, every icon mentioned above will be included for the next update!

I'll post them up when they're designed.

What about a woman's purse? To me that says shopping ore than a grocery cart

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-20-13 09:32 PM
    What about a woman's purse? To me that says shopping ore than a grocery cart

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    Noted.

06-20-13 10:09 PM
    Just bought the app! Thanks for creating such a wonderful app! I really look forward to any additional features you add, but thus far it is the most fun notes taking app I've ever used.
    gyubok and kirkins like this.
    06-22-13 09:10 AM
    Love this app

Suggestions.. (MY OPINION and please note that im still using the free version)

1) New note needs to be an icon (cute stack of notes?) or a plus (+) at the bottom. While being at the top of the phone helps with accidental new notes.. its one of those LONG thumb stretches... I personally find this to be an issue with a lot of apps for BB including default apps. It screws up the flow..
    Another option is to use a double tap on the cork to create a new note..
    1.1) Same applies to writing a new note, use a full screen editor or maybe just move the box to the bottom right about the onscreen keyboard.

2) My biggest issue.. (most likely a mental issue)... but the red (X) to close a note being edited. Its grown on me but there is always a split second were i think NO NO i dont want to delete this note just close it.. Yes with a desktop the red [ x ] = close.. Sticky Note in windows the X = delete, If you want to keep the whole desktop OS feel use a minimize icon [ -- ], just a dash.

3) Add a button to invoke speech to text... yes i know we can hold down the period key.. but id like a nice button that I dont have to find and then hold.

4) Lastly.. Smaller share and recycle icons and less opaque..
    06-22-13 10:45 PM

We currently have:

Check mark
    Grocery basket
    Book icon
    Brief case
    Light bulb
    Graduate hat
    Passport

Just brought the App and liking it. Could we have a telescope icon please? I run an astronomy club and having a category for notes relating to the club would be great.

Cheers,
    Ian
    06-23-13 01:56 PM
    @SplatHead thank you for your suggestions!

1. We have taken your suggestion! In the new version of Corky Notes (2.0 - coming soon) you now add a new note by double tapping on the screen. A new note will be added with random helpful tip at the location where you double tapped!

2. I think we'll have to stick with the X. Though it can be confusing for some, in Windows and Mac environment, the X does not normally delete but closes the window of interest.

3. Speech to text is beyond our knowledge of development, but is definitely something to look into.

4. Also based on your suggestion, Share and Recycle (now Trash) buttons are now shrunk in the new version!

Thanks again for your great input, we'd love to hear more feedback!
    06-23-13 06:30 PM
    Telescope might be pushing it as its use is extremely specific. We'd love it if you can request an icon that is more general and appeal to broader target users!
    06-23-13 06:32 PM
    I could use telescope too, for tasks which involve using telescope to look into peoples windows.
    06-23-13 09:11 PM
    Hello Corkies! We have finalized icon designs for Tab feature that's coming to Corky Notes 2.0 this week and I'd like to show you guys first hand!

Corky Notes for BlackBerry 10!-tab_iconset_full.png

Now, we've received great suggestions and ideas for tab categories both here and on twitter (@qbotron) but as much as we want to include all of your awesome tab categories, we had to cut the number of categories into 8 to maximize the user experience. This doesn't mean we ignored your suggestions, as most of the icons that made to final 8 were suggested by you guys, we simply hand selected 8 out of 20 awesome candidates!

Thank you for being Corky Notes users, we'll announce the availability of the update once it hits the BlackBerry World!
    pmccartney, ESCON and mzceetee like this.
    06-24-13 09:37 PM
    Hello Corkies! We have finalized icon designs for Tab feature that's coming to Corky Notes 2.0 this week and I'd like to show you guys first hand!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab_iconset_full.png 
Views:	953 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	175720

Now, we've received great suggestions and ideas for tab categories both here and on twitter (@qbotron) but as much as we want to include all of your awesome tab categories, we had to cut the number of categories into 8 to maximize the user experience. This doesn't mean we ignored your suggestions, as most of the icons that made to final 8 were suggested by you guys, we simply hand selected 8 out of 20 awesome candidates!

Thank you for being Corky Notes users, we'll announce the availability of the update once it hits the BlackBerry World!
    I know you have finalized the icons, but may I make a suggestion? Your shopping icon is a bit feminine. A guy may not want to use a purse as their icon. May I suggest either a $ symbol or a shopping bag icon. A shopping bag would not be a huge difference from the purse but would appeal to a greater audience.
    ESCON and gyubok like this.
    06-24-13 10:49 PM
    Lol you're right. I took @jaydee5799 suggestion but I forgot that we, men, occasionally shop too! Will be changed to appeal to wider audience. Sorry @jaydee5799 that we couldn't offer you more specific icon!

Thanks @BBPandy!
    06-24-13 11:02 PM
    @gyubok
    Have you guys looked at battery consumption with 2.0?
    I have found that when I have corky notes running as an active frame on my Q10, it's battery use is bad.
    Last edited by BBPandy; 06-25-13 at 02:33 PM.
    06-25-13 01:54 PM
    @gyubok
    Have you guys looked at battery consumption with 2.0?
    I have found that when I have corky notes running as an active frame on my Q10, it's battery use is bad.

You're right. The current version of Corky Notes can consume more battery than expected (which is basically nothing) but we found the bug and have fixed it for version 2.0!

More detail of the bug fix will be included in the change log once it's released!

Last edited by gyubok; 06-26-13 at 12:15 AM.
    06-25-13 06:02 PM
    You're right. The current version of Corky Notes can consume mote battery than expected (which is basically nothing) but we found the bug and have fixed it for version 2.0!

More detail of the bug fix will be included in the change log once it's release!

The more I hear about 2.0, the more excited I am about it
    06-25-13 09:22 PM
    Lol you're right. I took @jaydee5799 suggestion but I forgot that we, men, occasionally shop too! Will be changed to appeal to wider audience. Sorry @jaydee5799 that we couldn't offer you more specific icon!

Thanks @BBPandy!
    I'm just going to use the shopping cart as a shopping icon. Buying groceries is just a sub-category of shopping, plus it's not just grocery stores that use shopping carts.
    06-25-13 10:14 PM
    I agree that the grocery cart and shopping icons both serve the same category. With only 8 total might I suggest you combine those two and add a new 'sports' category for those who run leagues/clubs/pools etc.

Maybe a little hockey stick, telescope, soccer ball icon to cover a wide range.

Posted via CB10
    gyubok likes this.
    06-26-13 10:10 AM
    Just saw this tweet

@qbotron: All development for #CorkyNotes 2.0 is finally done! It will be sent for approval as soon as final tests are passed.

http://twitter.com/qbotron/status/349998895750848513

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:32 PM
182 1234 ...