Hey guys, I uploaded a leak yesterday and I'd like to import the contacts I exported before loading the leak. Problem: Contact X is not importing the backup file. Huge problem. Any suggestions?
    Please don't use the Leaked OS, we are testing and will let you know.
    10-02-13 04:33 AM
    Damn! You probably should have used Fire Chest Backup. Free in BB World.
    10-03-13 12:18 PM
    Damn! You probably should have used Fire Chest Backup. Free in BB World.
    Have many differences in feature between Contact X and your application.
    10-07-13 02:33 AM
    Have many differences in feature between Contact X and your application.
    Contact X is great! It focuses on contact management unlike Fire Chest Backup which is more focussed on cloud backup/sync (manually). It depends on what you are looking for.

BB10 users could benefit from both!
    10-07-13 08:10 AM
    *** Update Contact X v1.1.0.13 ***

- Allow user disable/enable display phone during application proccess.

- New UI

- Support Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30 with OS10.2 or higher

Features screenshots

Download

10-31-13 04:39 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by the_igg

Hi does this app allow to merge facebook contacts or BBM contacts into existing local contacts and make it into one master contact without any links? The reason I'm asking is because whatsapp has this bug where local contacts linked with facebook causes the favorites list to go crazy. So, I was thinking with one master contact where there are no links, it would probably help the situation. Can this app help with that? Thanks

Hi, Sorry so far BlackBerry doesn't allow developer to do so. We can't touch on the Social accounts. I hope we can have ability to solve it soon.

Thank you.

What is the best way to do this? I have some yahoo and gmail contacts that won't backup.

thanks
    11-04-13 01:32 AM
    For yahoo, gmail (cardDAV accounts) you can link them to your device first, then use Contact X to backup. Only facebook, twitter or any other social accounts can't.

Thanks.
    11-04-13 01:42 AM
    So you plan on updating this app? Still v1.0 and I never got it to work.
    11-08-13 03:05 PM
    So you plan on updating this app? Still v1.0 and I never got it to work.
    It was updated like a week ago on 10/31? Did you not see that?
    11-08-13 05:05 PM
    *** Update Contact X v1.1.0.13 ***

- Allow user disable/enable display phone during application proccess.

- New UI

Not a fan of the "Lift your device" (mine doesn't say "...for features" like your screenshot) thing. Today, I was trying to do a couple of things, put my phone on the table to export contacts, and had to keep raising the phone. I didn't think it was worth the hassle. Turn off by default, please.

It does say you can enable/disable in the settings, but the settings calls it "Auto Hide", which is not what I woud use to describe this feature. I don't get the point of it, it gives no usable benefit from what I can see.
    louis.keeper and ndthuytrang like this.
    11-08-13 05:10 PM
    Not a fan of the "Lift your device" (mine doesn't say "...for features" like your screenshot) thing. Today, I was trying to do a couple of things, put my phone on the table to export contacts, and had to keep raising the phone. I didn't think it was worth the hassle. Turn off by default, please.

It does say you can enable/disable in the settings, but the settings calls it "Auto Hide", which is not what I woud use to describe this feature. I don't get the point of it, it gives no usable benefit from what I can see.
    I noticed your comment for my dev team. Many thanks for your feedback.
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-19-13 10:29 PM

It's removed in the update. Thank you.
    11-24-13 11:58 PM
    *** Update Contact X v1.1.0.15 ***

- Remove "Lift your device".

- Bug fix

More details: post #1

Download:

honnn likes this.
    11-25-13 02:21 AM
    Where are the step by step instructions for using this app. I just purchased it. I'm not sure what to do next to backup my contacts to my SD card. Please advise.
    honnn likes this.
    12-22-13 12:42 PM
    Where are the step by step instructions for using this app. I just purchased it. I'm not sure what to do next to backup my contacts to my SD card. Please advise.
    After you start the app, you should see the options to export, import, merge, delete contacts.

* To save to SD, just tap on the arrow in Export Contacts and change the save location.
    * To restore contacts, tap on the arrow in import and point to the saved location to select the last exported (saved) file.

Merge and delete are self explanatory.

Using the app is fairly intuitive so do not be afraid to give it a go.
    honnn likes this.
    12-22-13 02:03 PM
    When I tap on the SD option it says I have not setup a export folder. Do I need to create a new folder or just use one that is already on the SD card. I know this may sound like a dumb question but I am a total noob to this. Thanks for your patience.
    honnn likes this.
    12-22-13 02:57 PM
    When I tap on the SD option it says I have not setup a export folder. Do I need to create a new folder or just use one that is already on the SD card. I know this may sound like a dumb question but I am a total noob to this. Thanks for your patience.
    No problem; we are here to help. If there is a Contact X folder on the SD card, you should be able to use it. If I recall correctly, I had to create one (see screen shot with folder path - Media Card/ContactX - just below the "Cancel" button).

Attachment 232597

I do a backup every time I add/delete/edit a contact.
    Last edited by KemKev; 12-22-13 at 10:00 PM.
    Omnitech and honnn like this.
    12-22-13 09:47 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. I got everything exported, upgraded my OS and then imported everything back. Your app is great!!!!
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-23-13 12:25 AM
    Hi cscott44,
    You can use "Help" by swiping from the top of Contact X app. Many usefull infomations.
    cscott44 likes this.
    12-26-13 08:47 PM
    If you have any ideas for Contact X, pls give a comment or send email to [email protected]

Many thanks.
    01-20-14 04:50 AM
    does it support special characters and the use of accents used on Portuguese language? like "�" "� "�" "� "�".

I've tried a few android apps that do contact backups to .vcf format and not a single one of them supports this characters.
    honnn likes this.
    02-01-14 02:47 PM
    Does Contact X Support Street Addresses?

I seem to have lost all of them on import

I tested by adding a new address to a contact and then exporting and then viewing in a text editor and they don't have their address fields.

Maybe have an option to just export as a CSV?
    honnn likes this.
    02-05-14 12:51 AM
    does it support special characters and the use of accents used on Portuguese language? like "�" "� "�" "� "�".

I've tried a few android apps that do contact backups to .vcf format and not a single one of them supports this characters.
    Hi joao_malveiro!
    Until now, Contact X not support Portuguese language yet.
    02-08-14 01:34 AM
    Does Contact X Support Street Addresses?

I seem to have lost all of them on import

I tested by adding a new address to a contact and then exporting and then viewing in a text editor and they don't have their address fields.

Maybe have an option to just export as a CSV?
    Thanks jj482 for feedback.
    I tested and Contact X doesn't support street addresses, I reported this problem with our developer.
    02-10-14 01:32 AM
    Thanks jj482 for feedback.
    I tested and Contact X doesn't support street addresses, I reported this problem with our developer.
    Thanks. I found it odd since it does support it on import!
    honnn likes this.
    02-10-14 08:00 PM
81 1234