Contacts Exporter helps users easily backup contacts to the most popular vCard format. It's very handy and useful for migrating contacts to another phone or from BBOS to your BlackBerry 10 device.

Features:

* Export all contacts to a single vCard file and user can choose device memory or SDCard for storing to restore/import into BlackBerry� 10 device.

* Send backup contacts file via mail.

Please and please at anytime ask us for help and support from: [email protected]

Thank you and please rate it 5* if it's worth that.

Get it on

-qpmauic.png

Best regards.
    06-01-13 12:33 AM
    I bought and have used the app. I found that manually removing duplicates was very tedious. I had 600 duplicates and after resolving each one, it rebuilds the list again. Very time consuming.

I was happy to have a way to backup contacts and was doing this. However when my list was in trouble and I had to restore a backup of 1800, it was at 3400 and not finished restoring.

Note that radios were off in both situations as per instructions.

Posted via CB10
    louis.keeper and ndthuytrang like this.
    06-01-13 08:10 PM
    I bought and have used the app. I found that manually removing duplicates was very tedious. I had 600 duplicates and after resolving each one, it rebuilds the list again. Very time consuming.

I was happy to have a way to backup contacts and was doing this. However when my list was in trouble and I had to restore a backup of 1800, it was at 3400 and not finished restoring.

Note that radios were off in both situations as per instructions.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks and agree, we will change the manual merging to be more efficient.

For the backup and restore, could you please provide us more detail such as when you exported, the file contains how many contacts and when you picked that file to import, what happened? What do you mean by it was 3400?

Best regards.
    06-01-13 11:20 PM
    Update post #1: New tools support for user export contacts from BlackBerry OS (use Contacts Exporter & import to BB10 (use Contact X)
    06-02-13 09:22 PM
    I exported over 1175 contacts but the output file only has one contact. Am I doing something wromg?!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:14 PM
    I exported over 1175 contacts but the output file only has one contact. Am I doing something wromg?!Posted via CB10
    You don't do anything wrong. That file contain all of your contacts but Outlook only recognizes the first contact in the file. If you want to import into Outlook, please use the tool VCF Spliter to extract all contacts into separate vcf files and then import to Outlook. Thank you.
    06-04-13 09:09 PM
    You don't do anything wrong. That file contain all of your contacts but Outlook only recognizes the first contact in the file. If you want to import into Outlook, please use the tool VCF Spliter to extract all contacts into separate vcf files and then import to Outlook. Thank you.
    Thank you. I will try this.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:53 PM
    @Centerman66:

* SplitVFC

Splitting single VCF contacts file (*.vCard or *.vcf) with multiple entries into separate files .... Please chose VCF file you need to split and output folder.

Download:

http://db.tt/jENRWnE2
    06-06-13 04:59 AM
    I have had no luck with contacts x. I use it, doesn't ever merge same name contacts with auto merge on. Count of contacts is always different. And it seems to just pull from sim card. If I get merged contacts it's always sim card. I don't know why it doesn't work for me like others.

Limited Edition BlackBerry 10
    louis.keeper likes this.
    06-10-13 07:38 AM
    I have had no luck with contacts x. I use it, doesn't ever merge same name contacts with auto merge on. Count of contacts is always different. And it seems to just pull from sim card. If I get merged contacts it's always sim card. I don't know why it doesn't work for me like others.

Limited Edition BlackBerry 10
    We suggest you upgrade your OS to a higher version (probably leaked version) we saw it doesn't mess with sim contact anymore and total count of contacts stays steady and correct.

Thank you.
    06-13-13 05:33 AM
    Just trying for the first time... It keeps showing me multiple duplicates but they are all blank?

I tried to attach a screen shot, but for some reason I am unable to send screen shots with my Z10 on the app here.
    Last edited by mopar_fxr; 07-08-13 at 05:37 PM.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    07-08-13 05:18 PM
    Just trying for the first time... It keeps showing me multiple duplicates but they are all blank?

I tried to attach a screen shot, but for some reason I am unable to send screen shots with my Z10 on the app here.
    is this something that is known? or am I in my own situation haha
    louis.keeper likes this.
    07-09-13 11:36 AM
    i'd still buy this if it was 10x the price!
    this is a must have!
    AWESOME work.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    07-09-13 09:52 PM
    is this something that is known? or am I in my own situation haha
    We are inspecting, it's very difficult to figure out exactly what is the issue since BB10 always mess up with contacts by itself.
    07-09-13 10:30 PM
    This is an indispensable tool for handling contacts. I like to ask for a feature request....
    Sometimes, for some reason, some of my contacts end up like this :
    First name: bob jones
    Last name : jones

Would it be possible to automagically go thru and correct this?

Posted via CB10
    louis.keeper and ndthuytrang like this.
    07-18-13 06:51 AM
    When I import contacts using your tool, they appear successfully in the local contacts however I noticed that they don't automatically merge with Facebook and Twitter contacts when the name is matching.
    I tried to add a contact from scratch on my phone that has the same name as a facebook contact, it gets automatically merged/linked.
    Is that a bug? or it by design not to allow the merge when the contact app finds a match? Thanks

It would be a pain if I have to re-link to FB and twitter all my 400 contacts.
    08-04-13 07:47 AM
    When I import contacts using your tool, they appear successfully in the local contacts however I noticed that they don't automatically merge with Facebook and Twitter contacts when the name is matching.I tried to add a contact from scratch on my phone that has the same name as a facebook contact, it gets automatically merged/linked.Is that a bug? or it by design not to allow the merge when the contact app finds a match? ThanksIt would be a pain if I have to re-link to FB and twitter all my 400 contacts.
    You will find the answer soon, or never The native contact app does think, does decide what to do and when to do something such as merge. It's not mature yet thus it's really annoying most of the time.I hate that, and many others hate that too. We don't know what exactly is going on.
    08-04-13 08:11 AM
    You will find the answer soon, or never The native contact app does think, does decide what to do and when to do something such as merge. It's not mature yet thus it's really annoying most of the time.I hate that, and many others hate that too. We don't know what exactly is going on.
    How does the app import the contacts to the contacts app from vcf. Is it a script that will auto add them in bulk? or is it that each contact is added as if it's being manually typed in?
    What I'm trying to do now is clearing the local contacts then try to re-import again but this time having the contacts app open. Let's see what happens.
    08-04-13 08:24 AM
    How does the app import the contacts to the contacts app from vcf. Is it a script that will auto add them in bulk? or is it that each contact is added as if it's being manually typed in?
    What I'm trying to do now is clearing the local contacts then try to re-import again but this time having the contacts app open. Let's see what happens.
    Contact X technically read the vcard data from vcf file, each contact in vcf file has its bunch of vcard data, then Contact X calls the system to create new Contact with the specific data readed, this job is totally relying on the BB10 Contact Management System. There are 3 ways to import contacts into BB10, current solution is one and another 2 are:

1. Create a bunch of contacts base on a bunch of vcard data of those contacts.
    2. Import a bunch of contacts base on a bunch of vcard data of those contacts.

Both 2 ways above does a very quick job, much faster than the current one Contact X is using, BUT, BUT and BUT just like the way BlackBerry Link imports contacts onto your BB10, specially when you also leave the contact app opening while doing so, you will see contact pops up slowly on the list. and how many contacts appear on the list, the system commits that many contacts are available on BB10 until all imported contacts show off. Thus, in Contact X, if I use the 2 solutions above, the import task is done quickly BUT the total contacts are ready is not correct, this slowly increases later on till done. Simply to say, it doesn't make sense for user since you have 1000 contacts on your BB10 and it said DONE IMPORTED 1000 contacts means you should have 2000 count, BUT it's not, it will reach 2000 after time, such a long time just like the current solution of Contact X.

However, I've chosen the current solution because it does make sense, when it said done imported 1 contact, it does mean 1 contact is added, when it said done imported 1000 contacts, you see 1000 contacts are added. That also takes long time as the 2 solution above but CLEAR, STRAIGHT FORWARD and MAKE SENSE.

I hate the current contact management of BB10, it's too slow to handle contacts, in both app term and API. However, the new update (available soon in a couple of days) will export much faster. 3 times faster. That's all I could do so far till BlackBerry provide better solution, APIs.

Regards.
    08-06-13 08:39 PM
    I did an export and it says the default folder has been changed, and then it was complete. However, the last exported date never changes. If I do another export I get the same two messages, default folder and complete. What am I doing wrong?
    08-08-13 09:58 PM
    I did an export and it says the default folder has been changed, and then it was complete. However, the last exported date never changes. If I do another export I get the same two messages, default folder and complete. What am I doing wrong?
    Please check the folder if it has 2 vcf files then it's fine. If not, please check permissions of the app since it can't write the export file on the folder you chose.
    08-18-13 09:38 PM
    Saw this app and said to myself, wow, gotta have it. I hate allowing google access to my contacts. So when I saw that it supported Vcard, I went straight to the BB App World to buy it.

Whoops, Gulp, $2.99 no way, I changed my mind, that's a bit too much. $1.99 seems high, but I would have bought it at that price.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    08-24-13 01:08 PM
    *** Update Contact X v1.1.0.7 ***

The new version improves work performance, Export Contact now is faster 3 times than old version
    08-30-13 04:56 AM
    post #1: $0.99
    post #23: $1.99
    after hearing about this and just buying the app before coming to this thread: $2.99
    sadness.

i went from 9650 > android> bb10 (q10) and my issue is that my contacts are all messed up. duplicate entries and missing entries. i went to my old legacy os saves to send address to my new q10 which led to more duplicate entries. after sending all the entries i can find to my q10, i have over 1200 entries with a ton of duplicates. so that led me to buying this app.

the problem: after "fetching all contacts" (already backed up/radios off) when i manually go through the numbers listed, after merging about 5-10 names, multiple numbers start showing the same name. i didnt realize this at first but when i looked one persons name had like 6+ numbers. so now not only do i have duplicates, i have entries with different contacts merged. this is a HUGE problem. is this something known? is there a fix? am i doing something wrong?

reference: 10.2.0.1725
    09-16-13 02:26 PM
    Hey guys, I uploaded a leak yesterday and I'd like to import the contacts I exported before loading the leak. Problem: Contact X is not importing the backup file. Huge problem. Any suggestions?
    09-26-13 02:57 AM
81 1234