Contact X is a very handy tool for BlackBerry 10 users. Who should use this utility:

• Who has duplicated entries in their contacts and want it cleaned.
    • Who wants to simply backup all contacts to a single file for importing to other device, new device or other platform device which supports vCard v3.0 standard.
    • Who has a backup vCard file (contacts file type) or many vCard files and would want to restore/import into BB10 device.
    • Who wants to delete all contacts without doing any complicated ways.

*PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING*

* Core features:

- Support vCard v3.0 only, this is the best way to deal with contacts since it supports contact photo and flexible for different kinds of contact fields. Simply to say, your exported file will contain photo of contacts if there are.

- Export all contacts to a single vCard file and user can choose device memory or SDCard for storing.

- Import contacts from a single vCard file or many vCard files

- Merge contacts by name. All contacts which have same name will be linked into 1 contact. User can unlink anytime later if they want. User can merge manually or let Contact X does automatically.

- Merge contacts by number (Not recommend). All contacts which contain at least 1 same phone number will be linked into 1. User can merge manually or let Contact X does automatically (Please be careful with this feature because in case user has many colleagues who all have same company phone number, Contact X will link them all into 1 contact)

- Delete all contacts.

*** Update Contact X v1.1.0.15 ***

- Remove "Lift your device" feature.

- Bug fix

- Support Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30 with OS10.2 or higher

*** Update Contact X v1.1.0.13 ***

- Allow user disable/enable display phone during application proccess.

- New UI

- Support Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30 with OS10.2 or higher

*** Update Contact X v1.1.0.7 ***

- The new version improves work performance, Export Contact now is faster 3 times than old version (20 contacts on every second)

*How to use Contact X properly*

+ The best way to use Contact X is restart your device, then only run Contact X, it's best to turn off network and don't run or do anything rather than Contact X. In case things go wrong, crashed, please do so.

+ First of all, please use the Export feature to export all of your contacts to a file. Keep it safe before doing anything else.

+ Import/Export feature is kinda simple and strait forward.

+ For Merge feature: The default setting is it won't automatically merge the duplicated entries if it finds some. So run first, check to verify the results are real duplicated cases. Do manually merge, and open the native default Contacts app on BB10 to check if Contact X does merge correctly that case. If thing goes right, go back to Contact X and turn ON the Auto-Merge option. Then leave it running and finishing completely. If it crashes, please back to the first point. Or contact us immediately at: [email protected]

Please and please at anytime ask us for help and support from: [email protected]

Thank you and please rate it 5* if it's worth that.

Best regards.

Contact X
    Price: 1.99$
    Support: BlackBerry OS10.2
    Version: 1.1.0.7
    Support email: [email protected]
    Support URL: Viet Hop Software
    Features screenshots

Download

New tools support for user export contacts from BlackBerry OS & import to BB10

Contacts Exporter helps users easily backup contacts to the most popular vCard format. It's very handy and useful for migrating contacts to another phone or from BBOS to your BlackBerry 10 device.

Features:

* Export all contacts to a single vCard file and user can choose device memory or SDCard for storing to restore/import into BlackBerry� 10 device.

* Send backup contacts file via mail.

Please and please at anytime ask us for help and support from: [email protected]

Get it on

* SplitVFC

Splitting single VCF contacts file (*.vCard or *.vcf) with multiple entries into separate files .... Please chose VCF file you need to split and output folder.

Last edited by ndthuytrang; 12-07-13 at 02:58 AM.
    Sexy Sadie, honnn, rivansr and 1 others like this.
    04-16-13 06:15 AM
    One of our bloggers just featured this app!!!! I just got it myself. It's pretty handy!

Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com
    louis.keeper and bonconmat like this.
    04-19-13 03:18 PM
    This may be the solution I was looking for...
    04-19-13 03:22 PM
    BB 10 Forum saves my azz again.. thanks for the Contact X tip...
    04-22-13 11:46 AM
    Thank you CB

I'm working on the next update which tries to avoid crashing for some users. The BB10 contacts management is kinda unstable, it seems not to handle some requests at the same time while Contact X works in dual-core way by default.

In case it crashes, please restart your device, turn off the network, run Contact X only and leave it working till done. Hope this helps.

Regards.
    04-24-13 03:19 AM
    I got this - I don't have so many contacts compared to some, and was able to quickly merge (link) together the duplicates. Worth the 75p I paid for it.

However I was disappointed that it didn't keep the contacts unduplicated. I reset my phone to check, and sure enough new duplicates. Again easy enough to link up with contacts X, but still...

Do you know why the duplication issue is happening?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:46 AM
    I got this - I don't have so many contacts compared to some, and was able to quickly merge (link) together the duplicates. Worth the 75p I paid for it.

However I was disappointed that it didn't keep the contacts unduplicated. I reset my phone to check, and sure enough new duplicates. Again easy enough to link up with contacts X, but still...

Do you know why the duplication issue is happening?

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for using Contact X. The issue you mentioned looks like you have cardDAV/sync contacts account is still working on your BB10 such as Google contacts service, yahoo... If so, it's because those services could automatically sync and mess up your contacts again and again.

Please let me know.
    bonconmat likes this.
    04-27-13 09:56 AM
    It's possible its my Hotmail account, don't think it's effecting my Gmail contacts. If so how to stop this?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:18 AM
    It's possible its my Hotmail account, don't think it's effecting my Gmail contacts. If so how to stop this?

Posted via CB10
    You should delete it out of your BB10. Just export all contacts, delete the hotmail contacts account, not the email or calendar. Then import the exported file. Then merge and live without sync for a while.

I have no idea and hope BB will fix that soon.
    bonconmat likes this.
    04-27-13 10:37 AM
    So app crashes whenever it tries to merge contacts. I tried turning off network and rebooting to no avail :/
    bonconmat likes this.
    04-28-13 04:25 AM
    So app crashes whenever it tries to merge contacts. I tried turning off network and rebooting to no avail :/
    Hmmm... some users got the similar issue, i'm working on this and i really need your help in testing the next version, i'm not sure if it could fix this issue or not since it 's working for many users and some got crashed first time but it worked perfectly second time. It could be due to the speed versus stability. The newer version will be slower processing to try to avoid crashing. This is available as an option anyway. Thank you so much and please wait for my next beta version.
    bonconmat likes this.
    04-28-13 04:48 AM
    Thanks for the info, this is something I've been looking for.

Posted via CB10
    bonconmat likes this.
    04-28-13 08:05 AM
    Hmmm... some users got the similar issue, i'm working on this and i really need your help in testing the next version, i'm not sure if it could fix this issue or not since it 's working for many users and some got crashed first time but it worked perfectly second time. It could be due to the speed versus stability. The newer version will be slower processing to try to avoid crashing. This is available as an option anyway. Thank you so much and please wait for my next beta version.
    Thank you! Hope you'll make it available soon!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-29-13 04:47 AM
    Hi does this app allow to merge facebook contacts or BBM contacts into existing local contacts and make it into one master contact without any links? The reason I'm asking is because whatsapp has this bug where local contacts linked with facebook causes the favorites list to go crazy. So, I was thinking with one master contact where there are no links, it would probably help the situation. Can this app help with that? Thanks
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-02-13 02:43 PM
    Any news on the next update?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:09 PM
    Quick question for you, can your app read the address books from the various Social Services, FB, Twitter, ect, and then merge them accordingly, then feed them into the BB address book itself. Not sure if this is possible. I think as well you might need to have the ability to feed the address book into the email account contact list. GMail or Hotmail for example.

I really wish I was not so lazy and unmotivated, I would love to program something like this myself. Education is a wondrous thing.

I also wish I had a Z to play with and test with.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-03-13 02:45 AM
    Any idea of when Q10 support will be available? This is a great app. I purchased it for the Z10 and need it for the Q10 now
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-03-13 12:06 PM
    Hi does this app allow to merge facebook contacts or BBM contacts into existing local contacts and make it into one master contact without any links? The reason I'm asking is because whatsapp has this bug where local contacts linked with facebook causes the favorites list to go crazy. So, I was thinking with one master contact where there are no links, it would probably help the situation. Can this app help with that? Thanks
    Hi, Sorry so far BlackBerry doesn't allow developer to do so. We can't touch on the Social accounts. I hope we can have ability to solve it soon.

Thank you.
    05-21-13 06:18 AM
    Any idea of when Q10 support will be available? This is a great app. I purchased it for the Z10 and need it for the Q10 now
    It's available for Q10 NOW. Please head to BB World and click Update.

Regards.
    05-21-13 06:19 AM
    Quick question for you, can your app read the address books from the various Social Services, FB, Twitter, ect, and then merge them accordingly, then feed them into the BB address book itself. Not sure if this is possible. I think as well you might need to have the ability to feed the address book into the email account contact list. GMail or Hotmail for example.

I really wish I was not so lazy and unmotivated, I would love to program something like this myself. Education is a wondrous thing.

I also wish I had a Z to play with and test with.

Same as my earlier reply, I will keep my eyes on these and somehow, find out the way to unite all the contacts to be something cleaned and neat and safe.

By the way, BB10 Contact always tries to do something stupidly such as creating another copy of contact entry on the sim card. I have no idea why it's programmed to do that.
    05-21-13 06:23 AM
    And new version 1.1.0.1 is ready from BlackBerry World NOW.

Changes log:

+ Bugs fixed
    + Support Q10
    + Single-Core/Dual-Core Processing support in Settings.

Get it now from BB World: BlackBerry World - Contact X

05-21-13 06:41 AM
    Really really nice and usefull app.

Posted via CB10
    ndthuytrang likes this.
    05-21-13 06:52 AM
    Contact X new version work well on BlackBerry Q10. Single-Core/Dual-Core Processing support in Settings.

Screenshot:

Contact X
    Price: 1.99$
    Support: BlackBerry OS10
    Version: 1.1
    Support email: [email protected]
    Support URL: Viet Hop Software

Get it on

05-22-13 05:16 AM
    oh good app
    05-23-13 03:03 AM
    oh good app

P/S All: If any people have problem with Contact X, please and please at anytime ask us for help and support from: [email protected]
    05-29-13 12:04 AM
81 123 ...