Here is a response I received today when I emailed the developer of the native Lotto app I was having issues with on 10.3, has me concerned:

Hello Ron,

Thank you for emailing us. We have not tested our apps on OS 10.3.
    Most likely we will discontinue support for Blackberry native apps since
    we do have apps in the Amazon Appstore. Please check out our latest
    apps in the Amazon Appstore.

Good Luck,
    My Lottos Support Team
    [email protected]

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1052)
    09-03-14 02:19 PM
    I was also concerned about this... my theory is BB is going to slowly ween us from BB World. :-(
    09-03-14 02:25 PM
    I'm not concerned... I will continue to support BlackBerry full steam ahead!
    endevour likes this.
    09-03-14 02:34 PM
    Here is a response I received today when I emailed the developer of the native Lotto app I was having issues with on 10.3, has me concerned:

Hello Ron,

Thank you for emailing us. We have not tested our apps on OS 10.3.
    Most likely we will discontinue support for Blackberry native apps since
    we do have apps in the Amazon Appstore. Please check out our latest
    apps in the Amazon Appstore.

Good Luck,
    My Lottos Support Team
    [email protected]

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1052)
    Looks like your concern for future support of THIS native app are valid.
    09-03-14 03:03 PM
    Well, a developer with a new app, granted it is quite new, is already suggesting that developing/support for native apps does not seem to have much promise given "our" ability to use Android apps. He is probably right.

I certainly can't see a small outfit supporting two versions of an app or maybe even 3 if you decide Google and Amazon are different and then throw in (or maybe throw OUT) Blackberry.
    09-03-14 07:08 PM
    Big advantage of native apps is Background services and Hub integration. And of course the better UI and navigation paradigms compared to Android apps.
    So there'll still be a lot of native BB apps – as least as far as 3rd party devs are concerned. Companies on the other hand will probably continue ignoring BB10 and just tell users to use their Amazon AppStore Android apps (even though I suspect that the reason BlackBerry joined forces with Amazon was to get access to a lot of games, not regular apps).
    bakron1, FF22 and Killjoyhere like this.
    09-04-14 02:33 AM
    This is a major concern for me. They better still have Skype on bbw even if it is an android app. I think maybe they shed too many employees at BlackBerry. They are undermining all the work and money they have spent up to this point. I'm not sure what my next phone will be but I'm going to be watching this situation carefully. Perhaps this Crackberry Kevin saw this coming down the pipe. Now he is doing other things.

Who will speak for BlackBerry if they won't even stand up for themselves?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 06:53 AM
    Big advantage of native apps is Background services and Hub integration. And of course the better UI and navigation paradigms compared to Android apps.
    So there'll still be a lot of native BB apps � as least as far as 3rd party devs are concerned. Companies on the other hand will probably continue ignoring BB10 and just tell users to use their Amazon AppStore Android apps (even though I suspect that the reason BlackBerry joined forces with Amazon was to get access to a lot of games, not regular apps).
    10.3 already has headless running for the android apps, and there are already signs of hub integration although in the form of a typical notification symbol for now.

I do not agree with you that they did this amazon thing for "games", BlackBerry has a ton of those, it's the big name apps like instagram they are going after.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-04-14 10:40 AM
    This is a major concern for me. They better still have Skype on bbw even if it is an android app. I think maybe they shed too many employees at BlackBerry. They are undermining all the work and money they have spent up to this point. I'm not sure what my next phone will be but I'm going to be watching this situation carefully. Perhaps this Crackberry Kevin saw this coming down the pipe. Now he is doing other things.

Who will speak for BlackBerry if they won't even stand up for themselves?

Posted via CB10
    The amazon app store has Skype right... So basically you'd have your android port either way.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 10:42 AM
    It's naive to think there won't be some kind of impact. If you have an Android app, it makes far more sense to stock it in GPlay and the Amazon store, and then you have all the bases covered.

There will continue to be some incentive to develop for native BB10. Android apps cannot run in the "work" partition, so anyone who wants their app to be available for Enterprise customers will need to continue there. That might sound like a small pool, but even many consumer-oriented app developers want this capability.

The lack of native apps is kind of a natural vacuum, too. BB World is a smaller app store, so when new products arrive they'll get more attention than they might on GPlay or iTunes, or even Amazon. For some developers, this may make the platform a little more attractive.
    Camelhmpz and QtHelex like this.
    09-04-14 11:02 AM
    I do not agree with you that they did this amazon thing for "games", BlackBerry has a ton of those, it's the big name apps like instagram they are going after.
    Not so sure about that. The big apps are usually Google Play only
    09-09-14 10:24 AM
    Well, if that's your concern then you can rest assured that all Native Developers won't be gone! We (ReFocus Tech) will be continuing to develop for BB10! We have a lot of good unique apps in the pipeline!
    We just launched Convertly yesterday which is a unit converter loaded with a live updated currency converter
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...e-bb10-957733/

To be honest, the only thing that stops devs from developing is the lack of users purchasing on BB10. You need to support better for more devs coming here
    GSM-S likes this.
    09-09-14 12:29 PM
    Produktyf also has no plans stopping development of native BlackBerry 10 apps.

The three productivity / business app we have released so far are success and we have few more in the pipeline.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/90101

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/93991

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59934215

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:02 PM
    Twitter by twitter Inc, evernote and wikipedia got updated TODAY!. That's good news to me!

iP5, iPad2, Q10, Z30, and soon passport!
    09-17-14 11:11 PM