App Name: Color Led Message

Now Completely Headless for OS10.2.1 and higher

This App has been specifically architected for a BlackBerry� 10 experience. The Built for BlackBerry designation is your assurance that this App meets BlackBerry’s high standards for quality and performance.

Summary:

Color Led Message is the ultimate and best Led color application for BlackBerry� 10. Customize Led color of incoming calls, BBM, WhatsApp, sms text messages, email messages, email accounts, social accounts such as FaceBook, Twitter and others, no network signal, custom message and text ringtone (use built-in or our own tones) and variable vibrate duration.

Use Color Led Message to customize Led blinking colors for incoming SMS, Email messages and Accounts. Each of your contacts can have a different Led color or you can assign a different Led color for each of your Accounts, vibrate duration from 1 to 10 seconds, use built-in message tones or select your own message tone. You can choose from many system Led colors: Blue, Cyan, Green, Magenta, Red, Yellow or White and Two color combos.

Incoming and Missed Phone Calls
    -------------------------
    You can also assign a different Led color for all incoming and missed calls. No more boring blinking red color. You can select any of the 7 system colors or the Rainbow color to light up your phone like a Xmas tree.

Blinking Led
    --------------
    Blink duration can be controlled for each contact. You can set the blinking number from 10, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 or forever until you can read or delete the message or manually turn off the led blinking in the application. One led blink is about 1 second.

The blink led will automatically turn off when you read or delete the message. Each message has a led assigned to it. So if you read one message the led will continue to blink because you have other unread messages. Of course you can turn off the led for that account whenever you read or delete a message from that account. You do not have the manually turn off the led. Color Led Message automatically does it for you.

Daily Timer Profile to turn off Tone and Vibrate
    --------------
    Color Led Message is the only Led application that have support for Timer Profile. If you do not want to be disturbed with the ringtone or vibrate you can turn on Daily Profile and set the Start and End times to turn off the ringtone and vibrate in Color Led Message. This is useful for meetings when you just need to see the blinking Led light and do not need to hear the tone. For bed time Daily Profile is MUST if you want to have a good night sleep and don't want to be distracted with all the incoming messages.

Automatic Sync Messages
    ------------------------------
    Another unique feature in Color Led Message is to set a different time interval to sync all your messages. The default system message sync for email account is 15mins to 24 hours. Color Led Message sync gives you finer choices from 1min to 15 mins interval. Why wait every 15 minutes while you can sync your messages every minute or 5 minutes. Use Color Led Message sync to get your messages faster.

Bedside Mode
    ------------------
    Color Led Message will automatically turn off notification when you turn on Beside Mode. You can enable and disable this feature in the Settings.

Screen and Password Lock Sounds
    --------------------
    Another unique feature is to play a sound when the screen or password locked or unlocked.

Active Frame (for OS10.2 and Lower)
    -----------------
    When you put Color Led Message in active frame you will see the Battery Percentage and Memory Left status on the screen. This again is unique feature in Color Led Message.

No Cellular Signal
    ------------------------
    Set a different Led color when there is no cell signal.

NOTE: BlackBerry promised background apps coming soon. Color Led Message must be running in the background.

Application Permissions: You must allow all the permissions asked by Color Led Message. If you denied any of the permissions the application will not run properly. Color Led Message does not send or store your PIM information. It just reads the information.

Features
    ----------
    * Customize led color for all incoming calls
    * Customize led color for BBM
    * Customize led color for WhatsApp
    * Customize led color for Blaq
    * Customize led color for SMS messages
    * Customize led color for email messages
    * Customize led color for different message Accounts eg: sms, email
    * Customize led color for individual contacts
    * Customize led color for Social accounts such as FaceBook, Twitter and others
    * Customize ringtone for new messages with built-in tones or your own tones
    * Automatically sync all you messages with new timer interval from 1 min to 15mins NOT 15mins to 24 hours. Get your message faster.
    * Timer Profile to temporarily turn off Tone and Vibrate for important meetings or when you goto bed and do not want to be disturbed
    * Vibrate from 1 to 10 seconds when new message arrives
    * Supports keyword filtering. Eg: Set a led color when a keyboard is in the subject or body message
    * Use 7 of the System led colors or the 26 combinations of colors eg: Green + Green, Red + Green etc...
    * Configurable blinking duration from 10, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 times or forever
    * Contact lookup. Pick a contact from the Contacts application
    * Automatically turns off the blinking led for the contact when you read or delete the email message or read the SMS text
    * Supports BedSide Mode. Automatically mute notifications
    * Supports up to 512 contacts
    * Rotating blinking led for multiple unread messages and SMS
    * Backup and restore your contact filters to and from the SD Card. SD Card is required. This is perfect for updating the System Software
    * Disable and enable contact filter. You can turn off the contact at anytime
    * Easy and fun to use

Link to BlackBerry World Listing:

BlackBerry World - Color Led Message

Price: $2.99
    Last edited by Smiley88; 03-20-14 at 02:32 PM.
    SMocek likes this.
    03-14-13 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the info. I might give this a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:06 PM
    I used BeBuzz on my previous BB's and when I switched to the z10 looked at color id. I downloaded the free version to give it a try. I didn't like that I had to keep the app open as an active frame in order for the app to work. Is this the same? Is there any chance that this might change?
    03-14-13 12:17 PM
    Just purchased the app, you have to have it open for it to run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:21 PM
    I used BeBuzz on my previous BB's and when I switched to the z10 looked at color id. I downloaded the free version to give it a try. I didn't like that I had to keep the app open as an active frame in order for the app to work. Is this the same? Is there any chance that this might change?
    Yes. This is because BlackBerry has not giving developers more apis to work with. They have promised background apps support soon. At which time we will update our app to run in the background.
    03-14-13 12:24 PM
    Just purchased the app, you have to have it open for it to run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    thanks. if you like the app please write a good review.

let me know if you have any problems. There are some really cool features in my app.
    03-14-13 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the info, great app. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:26 PM
    Do you need to keep the app running in order to work?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:33 PM
    Please read the thread, think the author answered your question.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-14-13 12:36 PM
    I have downloaded colorID, Hub++ and now this and this is the best as it has all the features that the others are going to add in the future. I would prefer this is in the OS but this will do a great job until then.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:42 PM
    Yes. This is because BlackBerry has not giving developers more apis to work with. They have promised background apps support soon. At which time we will update our app to run in the background.
    I was worried it was our of your control
    I will wait patiently until the app can run in the background. Thanks for the info!
    03-14-13 05:56 PM
    Just wondering why this app doesn't work without access to your contacts even though you can add numbers that aren't in your contact list?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:35 AM
    I have just found a major problem with this app. If I put my phone onto vibrate for a meeting etc I still get the tone playing. I know you can turn off the tone and vibrate via the app for a specific time but I don't want to have to do this for each meeting I go to, plus I need to have vibrate on so I know I have a message as I don't keep my phone out while in meetings.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 06:10 AM
    I have just found a major problem with this app. If I put my phone onto vibrate for a meeting etc I still get the tone playing. I know you can turn off the tone and vibrate via the app for a specific time but I don't want to have to do this for each meeting I go to, plus I need to have vibrate on so I know I have a message as I don't keep my phone out while in meetings.

Posted via CB10
    The apps doesn't turn off the system tone or vibrate. It only works within the app itself. why? because BlackBerry has not released the Notification Profile apis yet. Once they do this then I can update the app.

If you want Color Led Message to handle tones then you need goto the Notification Settings and turn off Tones for messages. this way you will not get any tones unless it comes from Color Led Message app.

If you denied access to the Contacts app then the app can do a lookup or wont work. It may not launch either if permissions are not allowed.
    03-15-13 08:59 AM
    The apps doesn't turn off the system tone or vibrate. It only works within the app itself. why? because BlackBerry has not released the Notification Profile apis yet. Once they do this then I can update the app.

If you want Color Led Message to handle tones then you need goto the Notification Settings and turn off Tones for messages. this way you will not get any tones unless it comes from Color Led Message app.

If you denied access to the Contacts app then the app can do a lookup or wont work. It may not launch either if permissions are not allowed.
    Thanks for getting back to me. I am happy for the app to handle turning the tones off but there doesn't seem to be a quick way to do this without setting a specific time for the tones to be turned off.
    It's a shame about needing contact access to work as I sometimes have numbers I would like to add but are not in my contacts. Would there be an opportunity to use wildcards in the contact names as I organise some by categories instead of using a number?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:59 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me. I am happy for the app to handle turning the tones off but there doesn't seem to be a quick way to do this without setting a specific time for the tones to be turned off.
    It's a shame about needing contact access to work as I sometimes have numbers I would like to add but are not in my contacts. Would there be an opportunity to use wildcards in the contact names as I organise some by categories instead of using a number?

Posted via CB10
    You can still manually add a number so i'm sure if I follow you this question. What do you mean by wildcard with contact names? The app does not deal with contact names when it filters messages. It only deals with numbers, email address and keywords.

If you like email me at [email protected]
    03-15-13 11:31 AM
    Iv had the full version on my older BlackBerry s' for years and loved it. I miss the bbm ability and can't for BlackBerry to give u that ability again. Btw. This dev is awesome for a dressing ur concerns privately. I have many times pm'd him and he responded very quickly. Great dev and great service. Looking anxiously for updates when available.

Only on critique. And that's that I had the full paid version from old BlackBerry but it's now not there on my Z10 world. And asks to be paid again to download. Mine was from that BlackBerry gift from way back when they gave apps away for a short time due to a system malfunction as a thank you for putting up with things.

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    03-15-13 11:48 AM
    You can still manually add a number so i'm sure if I follow you this question. What do you mean by wildcard with contact names? The app does not deal with contact names when it filters messages. It only deals with numbers, email address and keywords.

If you like email me at [email protected]
    Thanks again for getting back so quickly. By wildcards I meant if I have a work colleague I put 'work' in front of his name, it would be great if a filter could have all contacts that have this in their name flash a different led colour. I know you have said only the telephone number is used not the name but why is the contact access needed if just the telephone number is required if details such as name aren't used at all?

And was I right that there is no quick way to turn the tones off without setting a specific time?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bobo616; 03-15-13 at 02:30 PM.
    03-15-13 12:05 PM
    One of the key features for me in this kind of tool is reminders, particularly audible reminders.

Because if I miss a phone call/SMS/email and am not constantly checking the LED, I'd like the device to periodically play a reminder sound and/or vibration.

Does this app have this capability? If not, what is the likelihood of having it in the future?
    03-15-13 07:46 PM
    Thanks again for getting back so quickly. By wildcards I meant if I have a work colleague I put 'work' in front of his name, it would be great if a filter could have all contacts that have this in their name flash a different led colour. I know you have said only the telephone number is used not the name but why is the contact access needed if just the telephone number is required if details such as name aren't used at all?

And was I right that there is no quick way to turn the tones off without setting a specific time? Posted via CB10
    I also purchased this app and I think it is much better than the Hub++ app that I purchased however it would be great to have a switch within the app to quickly turn off audible notifications in addition to keeping the scheduled profile timer function - This small addition would make this app awsome!
    03-16-13 02:10 PM
    I also purchased this app and I think it is much better than the Hub++ app that I purchased however it would be great to have a switch within the app to quickly turn off audible notifications in addition to keeping the scheduled profile timer function - This small addition would make this app awsome!
    do you mean to turn off system sound if so there there is no way to turn off the system sound like setting the Profile to All Off or Phone Only.

Hopefully BB will release the sdk soon.
    03-16-13 06:34 PM
    do you mean to turn off system sound if so there there is no way to turn off the system sound like setting the Profile to All Off or Phone Only.

Hopefully BB will release the sdk soon.
    No, I mean having it doing exactly what the time profile is doing now except having a switch to do it manually instead of having to set a set time. For example if I was going into a meeting at 1pm I would like to be able to shut off the ringer and or vibrator via your app by pressing a button vs setting the time profile to start at 1pm and end a 2pm and then resetting to the normal daily time profile.
    03-16-13 06:49 PM
    No, I mean having it doing exactly what the time profile is doing now except having a switch to do it manually instead of having to set a set time. For example if I was going into a meeting at 1pm I would like to be able to shut off the ringer and or vibrator via your app by pressing a button vs setting the time profile to start at 1pm and end a 2pm and then resetting to the normal daily time profile.
    oh. Ok. will add this for sure in the next release.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-17-13 09:23 AM
    oh. Ok. will add this for sure in the next release.

That will be awsome! - Thanks
    Smiley88 likes this.
    03-17-13 01:24 PM
    Smiley88. I really commend you for coming on the forums and such and talking to uses like you do. It's dev's like you that will succeed cause you really want to improve your stuff. And listen to what people are looking for and need an app too do. Cheers on you. And we all look forward to ur apps just getting better and better. Can't wait for BlackBerry to allow your app to work in background and play nice with natives. Like bbm

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    Smiley88 and goodcoffy like this.
    03-17-13 01:28 PM
165 123 ...