Just noticed.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 08:51 PM
    thank you
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 09:24 PM
    The reviews in Blackberry World suggest this app is not ready for prime time.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-15-13 10:08 PM
    they took it down.. maybe they fixed it
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 10:11 PM
    It will probably take a couple generations to work it out. Nice to hear they have it, though.
    02-15-13 10:58 PM
    Hi everyone, yes, we released an updated version of Color ID for BB10 which is working for SMS and email. Since this is a new OS, there are some things that we currently cannot accomplish with the API's offered. It's similar to when we released Color ID on the old OS and it would only work for email, calls and SMS. Basically, we are doing the best we can with the tools we currently have. We decided to go for the free version with an in-app upgrade to unlock more than 2 contacts. That way people will be able to try it out before they commit $2.99 for the full version. Rest assured, as more features and abilities for development are made available, we will update the app. If you have any questions about the app, you can ask me, or post in the Color ID thread located somewhere in the Apps sub forum.

nige
    SnoozerBold and Camelhmpz like this.
    02-16-13 12:17 PM
    How about being able to customise LED colour based on email account?

just_luc and Camelhmpz like this.
    02-16-13 03:32 PM

That's a good idea.. i've never bothered with an app like this because I don't care to give different colors to individual contacts, but one color for my work email and one for my personal would be handy..
    02-16-13 03:50 PM

That's a good idea.. i've never bothered with an app like this because I don't care to give different colors to individual contacts, but one color for my work email and one for my personal would be handy..
    Advance OS and LED has the option to have multiple LED's for various things. For example my @carrier.blackberry account is a green flash, and my work email is red and blue flashes like police car lights LOL.
    02-16-13 04:10 PM
    Advance OS and LED has the option to have multiple LED's for various things. For example my @carrier.blackberry account is a green flash, and my work email is red and blue flashes like police car lights LOL.
    I don't believe that's an app currently available for BB10.........
    02-16-13 04:56 PM
    Advance OS and LED is not available for the Z10... wish it were, or the several utility apps like it.
    02-17-13 07:46 AM
    I hope someone can write an app like this that does not have to run as one of the 8 frames. Maybe we will get lucky and blackberry will add it to the profile settings.
    02-17-13 07:54 AM
    Error

Posted via CB1
    02-17-13 08:34 AM
    Hi everyone, yes, we released an updated version of Color ID for BB10 which is working for SMS and email. Since this is a new OS, there are some things that we currently cannot accomplish with the API's offered. It's similar to when we released Color ID on the old OS and it would only work for email, calls and SMS. Basically, we are doing the best we can with the tools we currently have. We decided to go for the free version with an in-app upgrade to unlock more than 2 contacts. That way people will be able to try it out before they commit $2.99 for the full version. Rest assured, as more features and abilities for development are made available, we will update the app. If you have any questions about the app, you can ask me, or post in the Color ID thread located somewhere in the Apps sub forum.

nige
    How about some instructions on how to use it?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:37 AM
    I hope someone can write an app like this that does not have to run as one of the 8 frames. Maybe we will get lucky and blackberry will add it to the profile settings.
    You have to leave the app open for it to work? Can anyone else confirm this?

That's not gonna fly.. I'm putting up with that with a few android ports I did myself, but if I buy an app I expect it's functionality to be there when the phone powers up, without me needing to remember to manually launch the app.
    02-17-13 10:43 AM
    Yeah. You have to leave it open for it to work.

I read somewhere that BlackBerry have yet to let developers to have access to the kind of functions that allow apps to run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 11:59 AM
    Yeah. You have to leave it open for it to work.

I read somewhere that BlackBerry have yet to let developers to have access to the kind of functions that allow apps to run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    I was just about to correct you and say that couldn't be true because I have other apps that don't need to be running to send me notifications and whatnot.. but thinking about it, facebook, Twitter, box.. those apps were all developed by rim..

EDIT : wait no.. i'm 90% sure I've been getting notifications from Tapatalk without it being open mm and that's sideloaded..

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 12:26 PM
    I have whatsapp (sideload) notify me when it isn't running but it is spotty at best. Notifications are random and unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 01:36 PM
    It's funny, in my experience with the z10 it seems ANDROID applications are able to notify you when applications are closed but native ones can not. Anyone else check and confirm?
    02-17-13 08:31 PM
    Google Talk is a native app and I get notifications when it is closed.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 08:46 PM
    It's possible to assign an LED color to all your contacts from work by adding a custom color combination, naming it "work" and adding only the domain name of your office's email. For me, it would be "motekmobile.com". If you get work emails from different domains, you can separate them with a comma.

How about some instructions on how to use it?

Posted via CB10
    I have created a thread specifically for the BB10 version of CiD. There are some basic instructions listed in there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...w-bb10-773919/

If you don't see an answer to your question, just reply there and I will get back to you shortly. Alternatively you can send an email to the support address located on the about page of the app. It takes up to 24 hours for a response (weekends take longer).

I was just about to correct you and say that couldn't be true because I have other apps that don't need to be running to send me notifications and whatnot.. but thinking about it, facebook, Twitter, box.. those apps were all developed by rim..

EDIT : wait no.. i'm 90% sure I've been getting notifications from Tapatalk without it being open mm and that's sideloaded..

Posted via CB10
    With all due respect, what we are trying to accomplish with the BB10 version of Color ID is a lot more complicated than delivering a notification to your inbox.

nige
    02-19-13 03:55 PM
    Google Talk is a native app and I get notifications when it is closed.

Posted via CB10
    Google Talk is developed by RIM according to Blackberry World..
    02-19-13 03:59 PM