02-02-14 01:54 PM
58 123
tools
    By setting the email to just .com it will work for all emails to come in as red + whatever color. I used to use Advanced OS and LED on my 9900 so I'm used to doing colors by type of message and not setup every single one of my contacts. At least I know green is emails for now! =) Thanks for your development!
    I'm not sure if this will work, the OP can probably confirm this. But what if you disable the LED for emails from within the Blackberry settings, and then set up your custom colour using ColorID? That should get rid of the red flashing.
    motekmobile likes this.
    02-27-13 10:49 AM
    no it doesnt! i would defiantly pay for this app if color can bet set by notification type instead of contacts
    Yeah, colours for individual contacts is useless to me also but I found that an app called Hub++ does what you want and hopefully Bebuzz will be made for BB10
    devcellent likes this.
    02-27-13 11:43 PM
    I'm not sure if this will work, the OP can probably confirm this. But what if you disable the LED for emails from within the Blackberry settings, and then set up your custom colour using ColorID? That should get rid of the red flashing.
    Yes mikeo007, you're correct. I will elaborate on the app behaviour when the phone is in different modes, but basically, as long as Color ID is running in an active frame, the LED will blink the chosen color when you receive a new message or SMS from a contact you have set up in the app.

When you're in normal, silent, or vibrate only mode, the LED will blink red and the chosen color when a contact setup in Color ID emails or sends you an SMS. If a contact that is not setup emails or texts you, the LED will blink red only.

When you're in phone calls only mode, the LED will only blink only the chosen color when a contact setup in Color ID emails or texts you. If a contact that is not entered in Color ID emails or texts you, the LED will not blink; only if they call.

When you're in all alerts off mode, the LED will only blink the chosen color when a Color ID contact emails or texts you. If anyone else contacts you, the LED will not blink at all.

If you don't want Color ID to light the LED, just close the active frame that it's running in. If you don't want certain contacts to light the LED, open Color ID to your list of contacts, long press the contact you would like to disable, then tap the little moon icon that appears on the right. The contact will be dimmed to let you know it's inactive. Follow the same instructions to reactivate them.

I hope that is easy to understand. I think it has been a bit confusing to some of the users. Please let me know if you have any questions about modes and LED settings or about the app in general.

I also want to let you guys know that we have updated both the free and full versions of Color ID. The new update includes a "multi" color setting which cycles through a bunch of colors, and we have also added a preview feature that will show you what the LED will do when a Color ID contact messages you. The new version number is 2.5.4.xx and should be available for download now.

Thanks to everyone that has downloaded or purchased Color ID for BB10 - we appreciate your support! We are looking forward to providing you with many future updates for the best LED app on BlackBerry. We would be grateful if you rate and review Color ID on BlackBerry World, it helps us out immensely!

nige
    03-04-13 04:32 PM
    i downloaded a trial version. It dosent work for the contacts that i attached to.... any help?
    03-09-13 04:13 AM
    raam4u, did you get my PM? I left my support email address in there, but I am not sure if you emailed me.

nige
    03-14-13 03:54 PM
    Thanks@ motekmobile
    I have tested it running opening it and with out opening it. I figured it out that hub++ has got nothing to do with my battery drain... its perfectly alright. Thanks for the support. I wish you make some changes to the app. After making filter we couldn't make any changes in it. I have to delete it and make it. Is there any other way out?
    Regards,
    Raam

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:47 PM
    Hi Raam, sorry I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to ask. Are you saying that if you make a "filter" (or Color ID contact), you cannot edit it? To edit a contact, tap on it and then tap on the field you would like to edit. Don't forget to click the save button when you have finished making your changes.

nige
    03-15-13 03:41 PM
    No Q10 support?! What gives...
    05-15-13 07:01 AM
    Hi dc2000, it's coming shortly. Thanks for your patience!

nige
    05-17-13 12:44 PM
    Will you ever have the capability to set the color by notification type? IE: red for email, yellow for text messages, green for BBM etc. As it stands now, the app useless for me - for example I don't know just who of the millions of people might send me a text or email, etc.
    It may be your "mantra" not to do this but you're probably losing lots of potential customers. Just saying...
    05-22-13 08:19 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion docfreed, we just finished making some considerable changes to the app's UI and functionality, so that might be something you see in a later version of the app. Perhaps you should assign a different LED for each of your most important contacts. That way you will know if the new message receives your immediate attention or if you should leave it for later. The limitations of 10.1 are currently holding us back from making this app as useful as the BBOS Java version of Color ID.

I'll go through what we've changed to Color ID with this latest release v3.x

-Added support for the Q10
    -Added 20 new preset color combinations including Disco (slow and fast), Five-O, Emergency, 'Murica and more
    -Added 8 custom colors for a total of about 64 different 2-color combinations
    -Redesigned the UI to make it easier to setup and review your contact color combinations
    -Simplified adding new contacts by referencing data right from your address book
    -Added a counter for total number of emails and sms messages received from your Color ID contacts
    -Added extra fields for multiple email and phone numbers in custom contacts
    -Improved the handling of system LED notifications at start-up to improve the reliability of the app

The free version should be available now as well as those of you who used the in-app purchase system to unlock it. The paid version will be updated shortly. You might need to revisit your app permissions and you need to disable your factory LED under Settings>Notifications to avoid the red LED overriding the custom Color ID settings.

Setting up your contacts in this version is a little different. We offer a button called "Add from Contacts" that opens the contact app and allows you to tap on one of your contacts to assign a specific LED color combination to them. The app will populate all the necessary fields for you. All you really have to do is tap back to save it. To change the LED colors, simply tap on the colors and a palette of choices will be offered to you. Tap 1 for the first color and tap 2 for the second, or choose one of our handy presets instead:

As you can see, the first color is red and the second is cyan. The LED will show you a real-time preview of the colors while you are making your selection. Here is a thumbnail showing off some more of the new preset colors available:

When you're satisfied with your contact, tap the back key or swipe from the left to return to the summary screen. From there you can add a new contact or swipe up to minimize the frame. Keep in mind, the app must be running in an active frame to monitor your new messages and trigger the LED.

We also kept the ability for you to make a custom contact such as "Work" or "Family" where you can add multiple email addresses and phone numbers under one color combination.

You can create a custom contact by tapping the + new button. You will be taken to the contact summary page where you can add your data manually. Tap the name field to enter the contact name. Choose an LED color by tapping on the icon under LED. Enter an email address for the contact by tapping on the email address field. You can add multiple email addresses by tapping on the + button at the end of the email address field. Tap on the phone number field to add a phone number. You can also add multiple phone numbers by tapping the + button at the end of the phone number field. When you are satisfied with your custom contact, simply tap the back button or swipe from the left to return to the summary page.

The thumbnail below shows a new contact called "Motek" that will trigger the red and Cyan LED anytime an email ending in motekmobile.com is received.

The more general the data in the field is, the higher it is prioritzed. For example, if you had another contact set up for support[at]motekmobile.com, the LED will still flash the Red and Cyan assigned to the Motek contact.

The summary screen is a lot cleaner and easier to check the details of your contacts:

You can tap on any contact to expand it and see a photo, how many messages you've recieved from them as well as options to enable/disable the contact LED and edit/delete the data or contact:

We think you're going to like the changes we've made to the app. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the application you can reply here, or send me a message through the support email located within Color ID. Thanks for bearing with us while we made these changes. We're looking forward to the new opportunities provided by OS 10.2 and we will be taking full advantage of them as soon as possible.

nige
    Last edited by motekmobile; 05-30-13 at 03:10 PM.
    05-28-13 04:33 PM
    Hello,

Great application, and the update made it much easier to configure / use. Great idea with the prompt when trying to close the app.
    Just one question: do I see correctly, that for now only emails and text messages are supported?
    Do you plan on expanding the contact details for additional fields, as PIN? Then you could go on and offer different color combos based on the kind of messages, e.g. PIN message, BBM, BBM video...
    05-29-13 04:30 AM
    Hi PiotrJot, glad you like the changes. Yes, we plan on supporting at least everything the BBOS version of the app did. At the moment, we don't have access to the BBM API's that make it possible to change the LED depending on who sent you a message. That might happen with OS 10.2 SDK, but it's more likely to come with the 10.3 SDK release late this year or possibly early next year. Regardless of when it's available, we will plug in and take advantage.

nige
    05-29-13 09:31 AM
    Hi Motek mobile my free app does not work even I set it up for two numbers only the red led comes on. Pls help
    06-17-13 12:51 AM
    Hi jsk007, make sure you accept all the app permissions, turn off LED notifications, enter your data correctly and leave the app running in an active frame. It should work fine if you verify all those steps have been taken. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

nige
    06-18-13 01:34 PM
    Ok ,this feels like an issue....so, if I have NO FRAMES open, the app does not run?

I would buy this app in a heartbeat, if it was able to run in the background, like many did in OS7.

Keep working at it...there's many BB10 users that are waiting for an app like this...

I definitely agree with you. And we probably wont use it until its possible to keep it functionning without having the app running on the frame page

Please make sure you can sort it out quick as i really need to kno whooooo is txtin meee. Lol
    07-11-13 02:05 AM
    We have updated Color ID to v 4.0.0.x. With this update comes a few new features I will go over with you.

We added a feature that automatically backs up your Color ID settings to the SD card in the event you need to reload your BlackBerry OS or Color ID. It backs up automatically, and to restore, simply swipe down from the top bezel, tap About, and then tap the little cog icon at the bottom that says SD restore underneath. Obviously, you will need to have an SD card installed on your phone with a little bit of space remaining to save the backup file.

We have also added a bunch of tones for you to associate with your Color ID contacts. While you are on the contact setup page, you can tap the button underneath Tone and choose one of the preloaded ringtones for your contact.

In addition to those features, we also added about a couple dozen badges for you to achieve. They are unlocked by performing certain actions and passing milestones in the app. To view your badges, swipe down from the top bezel and tap the My Badges icon in the top of the frame. Some of them are easy to achieve and some of them will take you a long time, or just plain luck. Either way, when you achieve a badge, you will get a little notification in your hub from the app. Happy hunting!

If you guys have any questions or comments about the new features, don't hesitate to write! We hope you enjoy the new features! The latest version is available in BlackBerry World, so update if you have yet to do so! Thanks for your continued support!

nige
    07-18-13 09:35 AM
    Great app. Been using it for a while now.

Don't like the latest update though. It opens up the Games app every time I start up Color ID. I don't care about the Games profile feature on the Blackberry. This could get annoying for me. No way to make this feature optional for people who don't want or care for the achievement system?
    07-18-13 04:54 PM
    Great app. Been using it for a while now.

Don't like the latest update though. It opens up the Games app every time I start up Color ID. I don't care about the Games profile feature on the Blackberry. This could get annoying for me. No way to make this feature optional for people who don't want or care for the achievement system?

I assume they are using BBM to promote their product, because the "Games" app on BB10 requires BBM integration to work.

It's one of the reasons I always turn off BBM permissions for apps, unless there's a very clear and obvious reason for them to use it. (ie it is something that specifically is used for BBM)
    07-18-13 08:12 PM
    Hi Espanda, yes, we may decide to make it optional. So far, my feedback on support emails has been positive. The games app is required because we integrated Color ID with Scoreloop for the badges. Let me know if you have any other questions!

nige
    07-23-13 03:58 PM
    Is there a way to add BBM contacts and What's Ap contacts to the color ID? I have a BBQ10 and I can't figure it out. Thank you!
    11-15-13 02:59 PM
    Hi jus08301, sorry for the delayed reply. We do not have the ability to trigger the LED for a specific BBM contact. It is something BlackBerry needs to allow us to do from their end. We will add the feature as soon as we are able to. Whatsapp is the same story although they would need to allow us to 'plug into' their app to change the LED for a specific contact. It is unlikely that they will ever allow this. Let me know if you have any other questions!

nige
    11-21-13 10:43 AM
    Cool idea but the lack of ability to just change the LED color of text, email, phone, etc and no LED notifications for BBM, Facebook, Twitter, app/OS updates makes the phone less functional for me personally anyways. Hope to see some of these things included in future updates! Keep up the good work.

Posted via the Bat Cave
    12-05-13 02:21 AM
    When opening Color ID for the first time I'm instructed to turn off the system LED notification. Am I supposed to keep the system's LED set to off as long as Color ID is active or is it just during the time when I add a contact to Color ID?

With system LED turned off and Color ID running it seems like I'm not getting any LED notifications when an email hits my inbox. In case this is worthy of mention: I only have one of my contacts added into Color ID, and the email that I received since testing was not from that person.

One other concern. On my Z30 I've noticed that since running Color ID BBM and BlackBerry World open noticably more slowly. Is this normal?
    12-05-13 10:51 AM
    Hi Espanda, yes, we may decide to make it optional. So far, my feedback on support emails has been positive. The games app is required because we integrated Color ID with Scoreloop for the badges. Let me know if you have any other questions!

nige
    Colour id is not working even opened in active frame I have configured contacts properly but that doesnot even show no. Of message on the sides of the pic in the app

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:10 AM
58 123