Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that we have rewrote Color ID for OS 10.2.1 and later. The app now works silently in the background and there is no need to keep it open in an active frame. Please note that the app may not perform properly with unreleased/leaked/unofficial OS versions.

The version numbers of Color ID that support this are as follows:

4.5.0.427 - Color ID free
    4.5.0.431 - Color ID

nige
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    01-30-14 11:56 AM
    When opening Color ID for the first time I'm instructed to turn off the system LED notification. Am I supposed to keep the system's LED set to off as long as Color ID is active or is it just during the time when I add a contact to Color ID?

With system LED turned off and Color ID running it seems like I'm not getting any LED notifications when an email hits my inbox. In case this is worthy of mention: I only have one of my contacts added into Color ID, and the email that I received since testing was not from that person.

One other concern. On my Z30 I've noticed that since running Color ID BBM and BlackBerry World open noticably more slowly. Is this normal?

HI MisterShark, the app should not affect either BBM or BlackBerry World. It will light the red LED if it is unable to match the incoming message with one of your Color ID contacts.

nige
    01-30-14 12:00 PM
    Hey, just updated to the new headless version but it doesn't work anymore. Was getting a "must connect to BBM" message earlier now nothing. Running official 10.2.1 software on both my Z10 & Q10. Love the app hope there's a quick fix or something I did wrong.

Thanks
    01-30-14 02:31 PM
    Hey, just updated to the new headless version but it doesn't work anymore. Was getting a "must connect to BBM" message earlier now nothing. Running official 10.2.1 software on both my Z10 & Q10. Love the app hope there's a quick fix or something I did wrong.

Thanks
    Hi Mike, yes, we noticed that sometimes it would do that when we were testing it. It would be fine when I side loaded it, but this would happen when I downloaded it from BlackBerry World sandbox. After we got it working on sandbox we figured it would be fine when it is actually released to BlackBerry World.

Try deleting it, rebooting, then reinstall and test it again. Make sure you are using v 4.5.0.431 or 4.5.0.427. Check that your LED is shut off in notifications settings and your data is good for the contact you are testing with. The connect to BBM thing is annoying, yes, just accept it and it will go away. I think it was something to do with Built for BlackBerry, but don't quote me on that. I was testing with a beta version (10.2.1.1927) so I will update my Z10 to the official release and try as well. At least it delivered the proper file version of the app for me.

nige
    01-30-14 03:30 PM
    That worked, thanks. I love the app.
    01-30-14 08:16 PM
    I think it messed with the LED light, I nedd to press the power button to turn of the light even though the message has been read.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    01-31-14 02:46 AM
    How do you get it to work on bbm?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:59 PM
    I can't get it to work on BBM with the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:54 PM
58 123