Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi,

Is there a BB10 Clock app that has similar functions to the native BB OS06/07.

The main features I am looking for are:

- Clock starts automatically when power source is connected, without having to keep the app running permanently in the background
    - White text on black background, not the fancy colours as the ones in the current BB World
    - Automatic screen dimmer that adjusts text brightness depending on ambient light in room
    - Choice between various digital and clock face options
    - Choice of alarm selection from music list

These are the basic features on my previous BB phone which I still use as my bedside clock. I don't think these options are available on BB10.

Please suggest an App that could be used as a substitute to the native BB 10 clock.

Thanks.
    09-28-13 02:15 AM
    As far as I know, none of that is available on BB10. Sorry

edit: music is available
    Last edited by Lendo; 09-28-13 at 01:55 PM.
    09-28-13 08:51 AM
    OK, let's see...

Light and dimming are dealt by the OS itself and not the clock app.

Bedside mode is a swipe away. Open the clock and it swipe from the top. That will get you the dark clock (on orange numbers, but still).

Attachment 206020

If you change the alarm ring tone and ask for music (10.1 on) you'll be able to select your mp3s. But still, it was just a matter of navigating to the desired folder.

You get a chose between one digital and one analog clock. I agree that I would prefer to other digital clock, buy then again, using digital clocks on BB10 prevents you from setting alarms ultra fast.

Attachment 206021

It's a trade off for efficiency if you ask me.
    09-28-13 01:45 PM
    I like the new clock
    09-28-13 01:54 PM
    I think a lot of us would like to see "Bedside Mode" return the way it worked in BBOS. It's one of those "headless apps" that they talk about, where there's a process constantly listening for the USB connection event, and when that event occurs the listener triggers the clock.

I don't believe that this event is exposed to applications yet. I would bet that it will come eventually (especially since we're getting phones with wireless charging--how cool with THAT be?), but we don't have it yet.
    RazzBerry and crucial bbq like this.
    09-28-13 03:37 PM
    OK, let's see...
    It's a trade off for efficiency if you ask me.
    I agree with what you say, "swiping to bedside mode", but I prefer to have all my notifications active when on bedside mode, not just the phone as that is not the only way I get connected.
    09-28-13 08:53 PM
    I also miss the original clock and wish I could allow only certain contacts through, not just certain forms of contacting me.
    Maybe I want all forms of contact from only certain people at night. Too bad I can't do that anymore.
    Efficiency, all in the eyes of the beholder as my clock won't even stay illuminated at night after putting in bedside mode
    09-28-13 09:58 PM
    I also miss the original clock and wish I could allow only certain contacts through, not just certain forms of contacting me.
    Maybe I want all forms of contact from only certain people at night. Too bad I can't do that anymore.
    Efficiency, all in the eyes of the beholder as my clock won't even stay illuminated at night after putting in bedside mode
    It won't? I wouldn't know. I only have to look at the phone when I wake up.

I see the point on having bypasses for some people though.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:31 PM
    Hi,

Is there any app or setting available since my original post that meets the criteria listed earlier.

Cheers
    11-18-13 07:46 PM