Hi CrackBerries!

The Built for BlackBerry clipboard manager ClipMan got finally a headless module.
    In case you're running a firmware 10.2.1 or newer you're now able to grab Version 2.0.0 of ClipMan!

Get it at BlackBerry World (about 2 US$)

ClipMan gone HEADLESS!-productfeaturedimage.png

It stores now all kind of text or hyperlinks you're putting to the clipboard to a small and fast database inside of ClipMan, even if ClipMan is not running. Watch out for the fast green and blue storage confirmation messages via the frontside LED!

• green means a new text was stored inside ClipMan
    • blue means a already stored text was detected and was moved to the top of your list
    • not flashing means you copied just the same you had already in the clipboard or the headless module of ClipMan is not running.
    Just open ClipMan in this case to doublecheck if your text is now in a safe place (good moment to lock it in case it is important for you)

Apart from that ClipMan still provides the same functionality as before:

• store and manage the clipboard content
    • it is a share target from and to all kind of applications
    • a place for email drafts, SMS and even BBM messages with line break
    • import and export function to XML file format
    • infinite undelete function (just close ClipMan to finally delete deleted items)
    • provides search functionality even as a plug in to the global device search
    • lock button to write protect important stuff
    • big and more comfortable text area to edit and mark text compared to other applications like facebook, adress bar at the browser or even BBM

If you're not already running a (leaked) 10.2.1 firmware you could still grab the current 1.7.0 version of ClipMan and get the headless update for free as soon as you're able to update your firmware.

Check out the ratings at BlackBerry World how useful it is even without the headless module.

You may also check out CrackBerry in case you don't trust ratings at BlackBerry World:

I'm a Clipman user and can testify that it is totally awesome. Also, it doesn't have to be running time use it, just hit share and Clipman is listed along with all the usual share methods. Clipman ROCKS! When I'm in full swing, this app facilitates work flow like no other. Even if the native clipboard had multiple copy, I can't imagine it being better than this.

I just downloaded clip man from Blackberry World. It works great. I've been using ClipMan and I love it.
    Check it out!

What Active Frames have you constantly opened?
    The only one I currently have open always is ClipMan.

I much prefer your app Clipman
    Which I have never had a problem with, and has come in handy many times

a GREAT app and we'll worth the price of admission. I used it a lot before. But now that it's headless I use it ALL THE TIME. This functionality should be built in, but since it's not this app is a must have.

Definite buy!

If you trust the editors of CrackBerry more, check out this articles:

In case you like this app please leave a good review at BlackBerry World.
    If you would even recommend it to others because you find it so useful please vote here for it: ClipMan Clipboard Manager | CrackBerry.com

Thanks a lot for your support! Now with the headless module even more features are on schedule.
    Last edited by QtHelex; 01-10-14 at 01:37 PM.
    Elite1, ESCON, Akuji_ism and 1 others like this.
    01-10-14 01:14 PM
    Just got the alert.

Thanks, and thanks for the beta process too.

Oh btw, the previous update did fix the Z30 bad-looking Active Frame issue, so thanks for that too!
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-10-14 02:30 PM
    Oh, idea for next feature to add...

I'd love it if there were a Lock icon permanently in bottom bar, and tapping it showed you all your saved items only.
    It could have similar effects as the Search icon, where it's blue when active.

That's my other idea I've been storing in back if my mind for a few months now! Keep forgetting to ask you about any potential for such a feature.
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-10-14 02:33 PM
    Oh, idea for next feature to add...

I'd love it if there were a Lock icon permanently in bottom bar, and tapping it showed you all your saved items only.
    It could have similar effects as the Search icon, where it's blue when active.

That's my other idea I've been storing in back if my mind for a few months now! Keep forgetting to ask you about any potential for such a feature.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback!

A good idea, I will lock into this soon. Sadly I can't put a lock filter into the bottom bar near the seach icon. This place is reserved for a idea I have since May in my mind and I hope to be soon finally able to turn this idea into reality.

I'm sorry, but my idea has in this case priority. I will put the filter for the locked items maybe into the overflow menu or integrate it into the menu I have in my mind. I'm still not sure.

Just a small teaser what I have in my mind: tag cloud

I'm sure you can imagine the potential power of this feature and why I would like to reserve this special spot in the menu for it.
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-10-14 04:18 PM
    A good idea, I will lock into this soon.
    Accidental pun?

Sadly I can't put a lock filter into the bottom bar near the seach icon. This place is reserved for a idea I have since May in my mind and I hope to be soon finally able to turn this idea into reality.

I'm sorry, but my idea has in this case priority. I will put the filter for the locked items maybe into the overflow menu or integrate it into the menu I have in my mind. I'm still not sure.

Just a small teaser what I have in my mind: tag cloud

I'm sure you can imagine the potential power of this feature and why I would like to reserve this special spot in the menu for it.
    Have an idea what you might mean, but not 100% sure.

I don't suppose there's a way to user-define the order of overflow items, so the top 2 can show in bottom bar.
    It's not all about me, but I use a lot of "canned replies" for a variety of functions daily. That's why I'd love the Lock filter.

Anyway, I'll eagerly await more info about your next features. I'm sure they'll be great ones!
    01-10-14 09:14 PM
    So is this really safe to update on 10.2.1.1925 yet? Just wanna make sure. Love this app.
    01-11-14 02:39 AM
    So is this really safe to update on 10.2.1.1925 yet? Just wanna make sure. Love this app.
    I'm not sure if I really get you.
    • If you already running a leaked 10.2.1.1925 firmware it is safe to update ClipMan to version 2.0.0.
    • If you're still on a 10.2.0.x firmware I can't recommend to update to a leaked firmware. It's up to you if you want to risk it only to get ClipMan headless running.

The only thing which changes compared to version 1.7.0 is that ClipMan has now a "headless mode" detection and additionally a new module which keeps running in the background to watch for changes in the clipboard, stores them if needed and controls the front LED to give you feedback if everything is working as you need it.
    I'm currently working on a improved communication between background module and ClipMan itself because sometimes the current method made the background module stopped working. If everything works as expected the update should arrive at the beginning of next week. But not a reason to don't try the current version out.

But what may be is always a good idea is to export before the update the ClipMan database to a XML file and store it in a safe place. I had never issues or heard of, but it won't hurt to play safe.
    01-11-14 02:58 AM
    Wow thanks. That means I'm safe lol. Sounds awesome too
    01-11-14 03:13 AM
    Purchased! Sounds like a great addition to the OS, now that it will work headless.

I like the LED feedback, a little confirmation the copied text is actually saved, curious to see what you are working on. Dark theme on the Q10 looking good as always.
    I would love for an app like this to get its own Hub entry. Just imagine for example having all your locked entries available in the Hub, easy access!
    Also it would be great to see an option to 'merge' saved entries!
    And finally an option to 'clear clipboard' would be nice, I do not think the OS has that option either...

One thing though: out of all the headless apps I have running now, ClipMan seems the most active (almost never idle). It does not use much cpu/memory, but I thought it worth mentioning.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 01-11-14 at 03:35 AM.
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-11-14 03:23 AM
    So the headless functionality is that we can add to the clipboard content while the active frame is closed? We fire up the active frame to use that content? Is that right?

And, yes, the LED feedback is a nice touch. Subtle enough to be non intrusive.
    01-11-14 03:26 AM
    So the headless functionality is that we can add to the clipboard content while the active frame is closed? We fire up the active frame to use that content? Is that right?
    Exactly. Just copy or crop what you may need later again. Watch for the LED just to be safe and nevermind afterwards. In case you really need it again open ClipMan and get it back. Use the search button in case it was last week or even last month.

This offers a lot of use cases. And I hear myself once in a while of a completely new one.

At example I have my browser always running with a couple of opened tabs but sometimes it gets closed because I opened in the meantime more than 8 apps. No problem since it opens those again as soon as I open the browser but in case I click at twitter or at mail a link while the browser was closed it opens and all my tabs are gone.
    In such a case I'm always checking my browser history for the stuff I used before, but it is hard since it completely leaves each time this menu and you have to go there again, scroll to the last position and so on. Ugly and frustrating.

With ClipMan I simply stay in the history menu, push all links and stuff I may have found important to the clipboard without leaving this menu.
    As soon as I'm done I go to ClipMan and work thru the list by opening one after the other and by clicking the link. If it was something interesting I lock the item at ClipMan, if not I simply delete it.

Simple, effective and target-oriented working.

And, yes, the LED feedback is a nice touch. Subtle enough to be non intrusive.
    Thanks.
    01-11-14 06:04 AM
    Thanks for tips!
    01-11-14 06:53 AM
    Thanks for tips!
    No problem. I'm myself often surprised how ClipMan helps the people during their digital life and I enjoy to read about it.

Just a few days ago I got this stars review for ClipMan 1.6.0:
    I combine this with a barcode scanner app to do inventory at work. Very useful because I can export it directly onto my desktop and have my list of serial numbers waiting for me when I get to my office. Would be nice to offer the option to run headless.
    I don't know this user but I really hope he is already running a leaked 10.2.1 firmware or will get at least soon the official release. I'm sure he will enjoy ClipMan now even more with the headless mode and the new usage patterns of the front LED.
    01-11-14 09:14 AM
    Hello

I have a Z30 running 10.2.0.1233
    Other apps such as Sayit run headless. Clipman has not been. I have not deleted and reinstalled as I was not sure. Should it run headless on a stock Z30
    01-11-14 10:00 PM
    I have a Z30 running 10.2.0.1233
    Other apps such as Sayit run headless. Clipman has not been. I have not deleted and reinstalled as I was not sure. Should it run headless on a stock Z30
    No, sadly not.

ClipMan has a different kind of headless module (long running) which was not possible at 10.2.0 firmwares. You should have got the 1.7 version of ClipMan at BlackBerry World which doesn't run headless. As soon as you get the 10.2.1 firmware (which will get released hopefully soon) you get able to update to ClipMan 2.0 which will then run completely headless.
    01-12-14 01:47 AM
    Accidental pun?
    Who knows? But I guess I shoud stop posting over here just after developing several hours. Just because of the typos and the slip in the grammar.

I don't suppose there's a way to user-define the order of overflow items, so the top 2 can show in bottom bar.
    It's not all about me, but I use a lot of "canned replies" for a variety of functions daily. That's why I'd love the Lock filter.
    Yes, understood. I'm able to place there 3 buttons, the space at the left is sadly not useable if there are no tabs. The picture of a filter function gets slowly clearer over here and I have a idea how I could provide soon a lock filter function and extend it later with a powerful tag cloud filtering mechanism.
    But I will try to create first a headless module for my app BaSA as long as the new learned stuff is fresh in my mind. I hope you're patient enough.

There is a local hackaton over here in about 4 weeks. Maybe I will take the tag cloud idea and the whole filtering thing as a topic for the competition.

Anyway, I'll eagerly await more info about your next features. I'm sure they'll be great ones!
    Check out the next posting. It should appear in 20 59 minutes.
    Last edited by QtHelex; 01-12-14 at 05:34 AM.
    01-12-14 04:34 AM
    Purchased! Sounds like a great addition to the OS, now that it will work headless.
    Thanks a lot!

Sorry to let you wait so long for a reply. But I wanted to clarify some stuff before I got able to give you a qualified reply.

I like the LED feedback, a little confirmation the copied text is actually saved, curious to see what you are working on.
    This is my current to-do-list for ClipMan:

• interchangeable color themes for the active frame of ClipMan

• mechanism to filter for write protected items in the list

• some kind of tag-cloud at which you add different "tags" to write protected items, later you're able to filter for those tags. You will get able to create tags at example for "Work", "BBM", "garbage", "draft", "CrackBerry", "shopping", "Important", "Family"
    (But this feature may need some time until I get able to implement it. I have just some blueprints in my mind)

• maybe a "search and replace" function while editing a text

I would love for an app like this to get its own Hub entry. Just imagine for example having all your locked entries available in the Hub, easy access!
    Brilliant Idea! Thanks.
    I'm not sure how hard it may be to do and what is really needed. But it needs to apply for a "App Permission Request" like at long running headless apps and I just requested access for ClipMan some minutes ago at BlackBerry. This may need several weeks, I guess it was about 6 weeks for ClipMan headless if I recall correctly, but as soon as I got the permission I will look into how this could get possible.

Also it would be great to see an option to 'merge' saved entries!
    I thought about this several months ago but find it personally not a useful feature.

The question here is how it should work in detail. In which order should the saved entries got merged and how should the user control this or get an idea how it works.
    I'm merging myself over here often several items. I just copy one part to the clipboard and go to the second part and paste it exactly there were I want it. Sometimes in the beginning, sometimes at the end and in the most cases somewhere in the middle.
    In my opinion simple enough and a well working mechanism. Fast enough and you have during the whole process the full control.

But if you could provide me a better idea of a use case and help me to stop doubting about the user expirience I will look again into it and maybe put it onto my 2-do-list.

I'm always open for suggestions.

And finally an option to 'clear clipboard' would be nice, I do not think the OS has that option either...
    Yeah, there is not such a option. I'm also not sure about the use case but I will put somewere a button to do so. But maybe it is needed to put at least a whitespace into the clipboard. I will check this out. Thanks for the suggestion!

One thing though: out of all the headless apps I have running now, ClipMan seems the most active (almost never idle). It does not use much cpu/memory, but I thought it worth mentioning.
    Yes, I tried to optimize it as much as I were able to do. But a minimal consumtion was unavoidable. If only the headless module is running it needs below 0.2%, the most time even below 0.05% CPU usage (hard to judge it over here on the graph because of the scale) and since the CPU is only one of several parts in the device which consumes battery power I see no problem over here.

But in case somebody is reading those lines over here and is sceptical, I have a additional thing to reassure everyone. The headless part goes idle, in average 750ms after the screen gets turned off. It consumes in this state every 30 seconds for a short time below 0.01% CPU power and gets then again completely idle. It gets back from sleeping less than 50ms after the screen gets turned on. So you can't see how it goes idle in the overview of the device monitor.
    Since the headless module of ClipMan is only really active while the screen is active and sucking 100 to 1000 times more energy out of the battery I would be surprised if anyone will see any kind of impact in stand by time.

Version 2.0.0 was approved for public release by the BlackBerry World testing team without any problems and discussions. Despite this fact I've rewritten some parts of it just yesterday to improve the overal stability and added a fall back mechanism to be even more reliable. It should appear as a update at the beginning of next week and it will need then even less memory while active. In case only the headless module is running the soon released version 2.0.1 will need only 1.2 MB RAM instead of 4.4 MB like the current version does.
    01-12-14 05:33 AM
    Thanks for the extensive reply!

You are right about merging of course, I can not think of a user-friendly way to add it without causing more problems. Manual copying will have to do for now.

The reason I asked for the 'clear clipboard/whitespace' option is to prevent sensitive/personal information from remaining on the clipboard for example. Or for preventing accidental pasting of irrelevant/big portions of text. Stuff like that.

And the cpu/mem usage is indeed very low. Almost no noticeable battery consumption! And your roadmap of ideas looks great, tags and searching will make a big database of copied items very useful!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-12-14 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the extensive reply!

You are right about merging of course, I can not think of a user-friendly way to add it without causing more problems. Manual copying will have to do for now.

The reason I asked for the 'clear clipboard/whitespace' option is to prevent sensitive/personal information from remaining on the clipboard for example. Or for preventing accidental pasting of irrelevant/big portions of text. Stuff like that.

And the cpu/mem usage is indeed very low. Almost no noticeable battery consumption! And your roadmap of ideas looks great, tags and searching will make a big database of copied items very useful!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    I would agree that being able to REMOVE "copied" text from the "archive" probably should be available. Not only for personal info but also to clean up for example next week or next month, when the copied-text-project is over and the entries will no longer be needed.
    01-12-14 09:35 AM
    I would agree that being able to REMOVE "copied" text from the "archive" probably should be available. Not only for personal info but also to clean up for example next week or next month, when the copied-text-project is over and the entries will no longer be needed.
    There is already a "Clean Up History" function which whipes the whole database at once and compacts it at the same moment. This way all private data will get securely erased. Only the write protected items will persist.

The missing thing (Clear the data from the current clipboard) will get implemented soon. Promised.
    FF22 and MrGlenn like this.
    01-12-14 11:10 AM
    Today the update of ClipMan 2.0.1 for 10.2.1 firmwares arrived. It contains a nearly completely new and even more reliable headless module with some performance improvements. It needes now even less memory, only about 1.2 MB instead of 4.4 MB.

I hope you enjoy it. Some new features at the next update later this month.
    FF22, bb10_fan and MrGlenn like this.
    01-13-14 01:25 PM
    New version available: lock/unlock filter and clear clipboard added, among others, looks as great as ever, thanks!

I honestly forgot this app was now headless for a bit, and was surprised to see some old clipboard info available (thought I lost it), I can see this will save me a lot of hassle in the future.

(next time around could you give filter a keyboard shortcut as well?)

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-16-14 06:32 AM
    Thanks very much for the great update!
    I've had this app for quite a while and I just couldn't see myself without it now. And with headless already prepared for our soon to be released 10.2.1 firmware this is going to be a very useful tool for BlackBerry 10.
    If this thread wasn't here I was going to start a new one to invite people to try this very productive well made app.
    I thank you for supporting BlackBerry 10!

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-16-14 07:49 AM
    New version available: lock/unlock filter and clear clipboard added, among others, looks as great as ever, thanks!
    You're welcome. It was my pleasure to create it.

I honestly forgot this app was now headless for a bit, and was surprised to see some old clipboard info available (thought I lost it), I can see this will save me a lot of hassle in the future.
    I can't imagine myself to develop apps without such a tool. I'm using ditto on my desktop in case you're searching for something like ClipMan for your PC: Ditto clipboard manager

(next time around could you give filter a keyboard shortcut as well?)
    Oh, yeah. I totally missed this one. I'm sorry. I will integrate it at the next update.

For now the changelog for the current version 2.1: (for 10.2.1 firmwares)

• Filter for protected and unprotected list items which works also in combination with the search function

• new menu item to clear the clipboard

• new layout adaptions for BlackBerry Z30

ClipMan gone HEADLESS!-img_00001472.png

The Firmware 10.2.0 got a separate update, Version 1.8.

Thanks very much for the great update!
    I've had this app for quite a while and I just couldn't see myself without it now. And with headless already prepared for our soon to be released 10.2.1 firmware this is going to be a very useful tool for BlackBerry 10.
    Thanks a lot. Great to see how the people are enjoying my work.

If this thread wasn't here I was going to start a new one to invite people to try this very productive well made app.
    I thank you for supporting BlackBerry 10!
    Feel free to tell everyone you know about this app. Also a recommendation wouldn't hurt in case someone here at CrackBerry is in trouble with the clipboard and there is also the editors choice section you could click on "recommend" to tell others about it.
    01-16-14 12:38 PM
    Definitely well worth it!!!

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-23-14 01:17 PM
29 12