Just sideloaded the Citi Bike app through xsacha method and it is giving me this message when the app starts.

"Missing Service - Citi Bike requires Google Play Services. Please enable Google Play Services and re-launch Citi Bike"

Any clue if there is a way to fix this?

I am running 10.2.0.1047 on a Z10 STL100-3

Thanks in advance.
    mandony likes this.
    08-07-13 09:51 PM
    This is a license check basically. Not sure how to get around it, it kinda defeats the purpose of the check lol
    08-07-13 09:54 PM
    hmm I see...

Interesting thing is that I just installed another app "Belly" a loyalty card program for NYC restaurants.
    It gave me the same message and an option to click "Get Google Play Services" once I click on it, the app proceeds and it works fine...
    08-07-13 10:05 PM
    Can you elaborate on that? A "License check"? The APK should run on any Android device, no? Blackberry's Android Player should be deemed as legit an Android device as any other. So, what purpose would be "defeated" by a workaround for the "Google Play Services" issue?
    08-10-13 08:32 AM
    Regret. The Citbikeny app only says
    MISSING SERVICE
    Citi Bike requires Google Play Services
    Please enable Google Play Services and
    re-launce Citi Bike
    (OK)

Clicking OK reduced the app to a desktop icon.

You can not proceed after that point.

Today I sent an email to customerservice@citibikenyc.com
    The reply was
    "Thank you for contacting NYC Bike Share.
    At this time, the Citi Bike app is only available for download on the App Store and Google Play. However, we aim to expand the app to additional platforms in the near future.
    For additional comments or inquiries, please respond to this email. Please sign up for our e-mail list and visit our website regularly for updates. "

At this point other BB owners should send an email to customerservice@citibikenyc.com
    requesting the app for BB

My workaround has been to use the browser to go the the website
    http://citibikenyc/stations (this goes to the station status then other functions to access account status)
    and/or
    http://citibikenyc/logins (this goes to your account login page first then you can go to the stations.
    After you have the page on the browser
    > click
    [* add bookmark] and/or
    [*add to home screen]
    The web site option gives many of the app options (does not give gps location)
    08-13-13 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Would you know if there is a way to install the "Google Play Services" or whatever the app is looking for in order to proceed? I am not an expert on this at all, but perhaps there is a Google app that can be install to "trick" the Citibike app to think that there is Google Play Services installed?
    08-15-13 08:39 PM
    Well I didn't find this before but just found the "Google Play Services" apk on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.gms&hl=en

So far, I installed it but still no dice...perhaps someone smarter than me at these things could help! =)
    08-15-13 09:12 PM
    i have the same problem with Runtastic!
    10-21-13 11:03 AM