Does anybody know if the Cineplex app for BB10 is EOL?! It hasn't been working for more than two days?

Respect My Autoritah!
    05-04-17 02:54 PM
    I don't use it or BB10 much anymore....

But the Android version has been having issues for a couple of months based on reviews in Google Play....
    05-04-17 03:57 PM
    I don't use it or BB10 much anymore....

But the Android version has been having issues for a couple of months based on reviews in Google Play....
    Thanks for the reply. That's weird that the Android version has trouble as well. It might be something related to Cineplex and their network/s...

I'm curious if the IOS version also has problems.

Respect My Autoritah!
    Last edited by adonesc; 05-05-17 at 06:54 PM.
    05-04-17 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply. That's weird that Android version has trouble as well. It might be something related to Cineplex and their network/s...

I'm curious if the IOS version also has problems.

Respect My Autoritah!
    The BB10 app is broken for me too. A support email to Cineplex technical support says that they are aware of it, and apparently they actually intend to fix it, but they do not have an ETA.

The iOS app seems to be working for me. For what it's worth, the Windows 10 Mobile app is also working correctly.
    Last edited by unichips; 05-05-17 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Need to learn to proofread spelling before clicking Save
    05-05-17 07:32 AM
    Yes, they are aware. Here is what tech support said in an email today: "Thank you for reaching out to us! As of now we are currently experiencing an issue with the Cineplex Mobile app on Blackberry devices. Please be assured as this has been escalated to our IT department for their review and action." Maybe they will fix it, who knows, but it sounds promising.
    05-05-17 09:59 AM
    This is the message I got today from Cineplex:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for reaching out to Cineplex Guest Services.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you are having with our Cineplex Mobile APP. Depending on the phone model, there are several BlackBerry devices that do not support the latest Cineplex Mobile App build – 6.2. Our IT Team is aware and is working on a resolution.

You can update the app (or delete and reinstall) first to see if your device supports the latest build. If it does not, you can use your phone browser (mobile site) to purchase tickets as an alternative."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

They ask people to provide information on what model of BlackBerry device they have, what software or version of the OS it runs and the version of the app currently installed onthe device. After that they answered like this :

"Thank you for the reply with the information.

I will forward the details to our Mobile APP Department.

I apologize again for the experience and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Please be on the look out for an updated version of the APP."

Respect My Autoritah!
    05-10-17 07:39 PM
    This is the message I got today from Cineplex:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for reaching out to Cineplex Guest Services.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you are having with our Cineplex Mobile APP. Depending on the phone model, there are several BlackBerry devices that do not support the latest Cineplex Mobile App build – 6.2. Our IT Team is aware and is working on a resolution.

You can update the app (or delete and reinstall) first to see if your device supports the latest build. If it does not, you can use your phone browser (mobile site) to purchase tickets as an alternative."

They ask people to provide information on what model of BlackBerry device they have, what software or version of the OS it runs and the version of the app currently installed onthe device. After that they answered like this :

"Thank you for the reply with the information.

I will forward the details to our Mobile APP Department.

I apologize again for the experience and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Please be on the look out for an updated version of the APP."

Respect My Autoritah!
    I don't know about you guys, but for me, the currently installed BB10 Cineplex app shows up as version 1.0.1.5.

For the Android version, the Google Play Store advertises version 6.2. Maybe the support department has some crossed wires.
    05-12-17 08:59 AM
    i use poynt. the movie and gas weather still ok.
    05-12-17 09:49 AM
    My BB Cineplex version is 1.0.0.20 on Z30 10.3.3.2205 and it was working fine 2 weeks ago.
    Thx for the tip with Poynt; this is a good work-around to check out movies and bridges the gap til Cineplex can fix this issue. I hope they do because trying to install their Android version it said: Your device is not compatible with this version.
    05-13-17 09:08 AM
    BlackBerry Assistant has some basic movie functionality as well.
    05-13-17 10:09 AM
    It's working again for me, check it out...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 07:23 PM
    It's working again for me too. Cineplex likes BB10 again ?
    09-09-17 07:59 PM