Every time a native app for a major service shows up, I think to myself "BlackBerry 10 must really have the best and most enthusiastic devs, to get all this 3rd party support!" Keep calm, dev on!
    Javid Gozalov and 00stryder like this.
    11-13-13 03:27 AM
    I'd say this app is better than the official one on my Galaxy S4 - runs very well. Excellent job so far!

Biggest missing thing for me right now is lack of photo captions showing. Love that you can view a full photo and pinch and zoom - interested to see how this works for HQ posts. Favorites is a great idea as well.

The app doesn't seem to update while running minimized (active-frame or whatever). I still have to do a manual refresh - is this correct for the current released version?

Again though - very well done. Thanks so much for releasing the bar.
    11-13-13 08:23 AM
    How do I turn off the notification symbol for this app?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:00 AM
    Really good app. For a beta is works pretty damn good

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:28 AM
    Didn't noticed it, done!

Great app so far! already much better than the sideloaded, couple of suggestions / requests:

- Support for comments
    - Option to setup a path in the settings so when you save it always uses that path and then the save is a one click thing without having to choose a path, just a quick popup that the picture has been saved, much faster / convenient, not sure if BB10 allows this though.
    - A way to Favorite single pictures instead of whole galleries, but favorite them into a single gallery instead of separate items so you can easily browse them from newer to older. Maybe extend this concept so you can create custom favorite galleries with different names, so when you favorite a single picture it lets you choose the favorite gallery you want to put it in... Then an setting to use a favorite gallery as the source for the active frame slide show.
    - Support for Video posts

Also a question: how does the "Total Latest Items" work? is this like a cache size to make access to latest items faster? what is considered and item, a single picture? how does it get updates, when you open the app or as you see new items?

Thanks so much my good sir!
    Support for video posts will be added in the future... while I cannot guarantee support for comments yet, I am going to try! I like your idea for the default save path, currently it just defaults to your photo directory.

The total latest items is how many posts you want to see/store in the latest posts lists... This list is cached in the internal SQL Database with just the info needed for the list (The entire post/images are not saved though so it uses little space). this greatly reduces start up time and allows you to see more posts on your device than what would be fetched on each refresh. You can set this as high as you want and it should not impact performance.

Thanks for the support!
    00stryder likes this.
    11-13-13 01:14 PM
    I'd say this app is better than the official one on my Galaxy S4 - runs very well. Excellent job so far!

Biggest missing thing for me right now is lack of photo captions showing. Love that you can view a full photo and pinch and zoom - interested to see how this works for HQ posts. Favorites is a great idea as well.

The app doesn't seem to update while running minimized (active-frame or whatever). I still have to do a manual refresh - is this correct for the current released version?

Again though - very well done. Thanks so much for releasing the bar.
    You are correct, the app does not auto refresh the posts while minimized, I thought this would be best for battery life. I can add the option though if people want it!
    11-13-13 01:21 PM
    How do I turn off the notification symbol for this app?

Posted via CB10
    Mark all latest posts as read
    11-13-13 01:21 PM
    Guess what day it is? Guess. What. Day. It. Is...

http://thechive.com/2013/11/13/hump-...ner-38-photos/

Shared via http://ChiveOn4BB.com

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:42 PM
    Guess what day it is? Guess. What. Day. It. Is...

Hump Day couldn’t have come sooner (38 Photos) : : theCHIVE

Shared via http://ChiveOn4BB.com

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-13-13 01:52 PM
    Ideally the app could refresh every 30 minutes or so (configurable of course!) without even being open. It would be great to see the notification splat appear so I know to open the app and check out the new posts. Isn't BlackBerry allowing devs to update behind the scenes without the app actually running minimized?

Other things I've noticed: seems to be a little behind in new posts (posts available on web site not yet available in the app); would prefer the 'close' button in Full View to be along the bottom instead of top left

App is awesome so I can only nitpick the little things. Thanks again!!
    11-14-13 03:36 PM
    Ideally the app could refresh every 30 minutes or so (configurable of course!) without even being open. It would be great to see the notification splat appear so I know to open the app and check out the new posts. Isn't BlackBerry allowing devs to update behind the scenes without the app actually running minimized?

Other things I've noticed: seems to be a little behind in new posts (posts available on web site not yet available in the app); would prefer the 'close' button in Full View to be along the bottom instead of top left

App is awesome so I can only nitpick the little things. Thanks again!!
    This app will have to be minimized as I don't have headless permission, and I think apps have to be in app world to get it, but I will add minimized auto updating in a future update.

I've also considered moving the close button to the bottom as its closer to the thumb

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:40 PM
    Chive On BETA: A native BlackBerry 10 app for theCHIVE!-img_00000339.png

Hey everyone,

It seems that theCHIVE is not playing nice, looks like this will have to remain a sideload for the time being. Alec is still trying to work something out so all hope is not lost yet

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 04:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000339.png 
Views:	1487 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	220857

Hey everyone,

It seems that theCHIVE is not playing nice, looks like this will have to remain a sideload for the time being. Alec is still trying to work something out so all hope is not lost yet

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't make any sense there's a bunch of third party ones on Android

Posted via the Bat Cave
    vwguy911 likes this.
    11-14-13 05:40 PM
    Doesn't make any sense there's a bunch of third party ones on Android

Posted via the Bat Cave
    Yep
    11-14-13 08:25 PM
    It's likely that they're reluctant to have an app associated with their site on the BB10 platform because they don't have faith that BlackBerry will remain a viable option in the smartphone market. I'm not sure why a third party app that taps into their RSS feed concerns them with the several Android apps available, but hopefully it's just a matter of misunderstanding and Alec and Co. can explain it to them without having to break anyone's legs.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:30 PM
    fwiw, I would like to report the ChiveOn runs just as well on STA100-2 10.2.1.1055

Cheers
    11-15-13 01:05 AM
    fwiw, I would like to report the ChiveOn runs just as well on STA100-2 10.2.1.1055

Cheers
    Can someone post the .apk file so I can download it, since I have the new leak

Posted from my Z30.
    11-15-13 04:23 AM
    ChiveOn is a native app. Hence it is a bar not an apk.

The link to the bar was posted by the dev on this very thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:42 AM
    It's likely that they're reluctant to have an app associated with their site on the BB10 platform because they don't have faith that BlackBerry will remain a viable option in the smartphone market. I'm not sure why a third party app that taps into their RSS feed concerns them with the several Android apps available, but hopefully it's just a matter of misunderstanding and Alec and Co. can explain it to them without having to break anyone's legs.

Posted via CB10
    That makes sense.. but if all else fails, break some legs! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skrewball; 11-15-13 at 11:12 AM.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-15-13 09:03 AM

Cheers
    Good to know, I hadn't tested on that leak yet

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skrewball; 11-15-13 at 11:12 AM.
    11-15-13 09:04 AM
    I'm really enjoying this app.

Thanks for this.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:44 PM
    Hey Guys!

Just uploaded a new update for your testing pleasure, download link is in the OP!

v1.0.0.6 change log:
    - NEW: Added orientation change support.
    - NEW: Added context menu to single image Full View.
    - FIXED: Error when sharing an image to Facebook.
    - FIXED: Gallery images are no longer partially hidden beneath the action bar.
    - MOVED: Single image close button to the bottom.
    tryfe, Korepab, inked18 and 2 others like this.
    11-16-13 10:26 PM
    I think you forgot to sign the app.
    11-16-13 11:07 PM
    Hey Guys!

Just uploaded a new update for your testing pleasure, download link is in the OP!

v1.0.0.6 change log:
    - NEW: Added orientation change support.
    - NEW: Added context menu to single image Full View.
    - FIXED: Error when sharing an image to Facebook.
    - FIXED: Gallery images are no longer partially hidden beneath the action bar.
    - MOVED: Single image close button to the bottom.
    Awesome brother I'll try when I make it home tomorrow gotta get some pictures for "so you were drunk" Mondays

Posted via the Bat Cave
    skrewball likes this.
    11-16-13 11:10 PM
    I think you forgot to sign the app.
    1 sec...
    11-16-13 11:13 PM
170 ... 23456 ...