I recently read about a new open source chess program which is the best out there (Stockfish) http://www.chess.com/news/stockfish-...-nakamura-3634. I mean, who as an active chess player would not want to have this app.

But I am tired of how this platform is being handled and would hope that the team at BlackBerry has something done about this. They are literally forcing in our face to go the other direction with another OS.

The reply email will say it all.

Now this person behind this app is a brilliant and talented mind but as I read his profile http://daylen.com/ . I as a customer/user among the rest of the world did not like the response and could very well alter my thought. But just because that it's a relatively new program and I am involved with face of chess competitively I can't rule it out.

But I sure will jump on a different band wagon if another developer present it across multiple platforms (Guaranteed). I also dislike the Android ports as they lag and consume to much of my battery power. I am all for #BlackBerry10 Native apps or #BuiltforBlackBerry.

This is just down right ignorant that they rule a mega company like #BlackBerry out.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 293263
    Last edited by corrieg; 08-25-14 at 12:58 PM.
    08-24-14 07:43 PM
    not surprising at all but yes it sucks to hear.
    08-24-14 09:35 PM
    The attachment link comes up invalid for me so I'm not sure what the problem is. Just looking at the GitHub repository and build instructions I would think the engine should build on BB10. It is then a problem finding a compatible UI for the chess board. Or use the Android version unless it is unacceptably slow.
    08-25-14 12:33 PM
    The attachment link comes up invalid for me so I'm not sure what the problem is. Just looking at the GitHub repository and build instructions I would think the engine should build on BB10. It is then a problem finding a compatible UI for the chess board. Or use the Android version unless it is unacceptably slow.
    I fixed the link.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:00 PM
    I fixed the link.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, it still doesn't work for me. I'll try again from home in case the work network is doing something.
    08-25-14 01:30 PM
    I don't see the email reply?

I also badly want a good chess engine app on BB10. Chesswise is the only decent chess native app but its analysis engine sucks.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:17 PM
    I don't see the email reply?

I also badly want a good chess engine app on BB10. Chesswise is the only decent chess native app but its analysis engine sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Here is the attached photo. I wish the developer for Chesswise, uses this opportunity to develop something in the missing void.

Chess for BlackBerry (Stockfish)-img_20140824_202124.png

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:23 PM
    It is difficult to argue with any of those three statements. However, since the code is freely available the only thing that would be needed is someone to compile stockfish and a compatible board UI.
    08-26-14 08:10 AM