If you love recipes, please check out this application that I created. It is the most feature recipe organizer and recipe box application in the market. I created the user interface with ease of use in mind so it will be very quick and efficient to use.

BlackBerry World - Chef's Recipe Box for BlackBerry 10
    Price: $0.99

If you could leave some improvement idea comments and/or reviews, it would be great. I will incorporate the comments in the future releases.

Thanks!

--

Native application for BlackBerry 10.

Highest rated recipe application on BlackBerry 5 and 7 is now available on BlackBerry 10! No internet is required!

Designed natively for BlackBerry 10 for chefs and at-home cooks, Chef's Recipe Box is an easy to use recipe cookbook that intelligently helps you manage the recipes and decide what to cook for dinner. You can add your own recipe and take picture for any recipe that you like. The application also comes with thousands of recipes.

This application has the most features and rated the best user interface for Recipe Application.

Features:

1. Thousands of sample recipes and NO internet required.
    2. Set Display - set a photo for the recipe and have it shown on all the listings and recipe page for easy select (*** new feature).
    3. SmartPhoto option let you easily capture or select Photo for the recipe (*** new feature).
    4. Store unlimited number of photos for each recipe (*** new feature)
    5. Favorite and My Recipes options.
    6. SmartStep and SmartCheck features - easily track and save your recipe cooking steps and ingredients (new feature) as you cook.
    7. Support multiple categories and category editing for each recipe.
    8. Natively developed for Blackberry 10 for high performance and usability.

With extremely easy to use recently viewed, search, favorite and other options, you can effortlessly look for the recipe you wish to use.

Chef's Recipe Box comes with thousands of sample recipes without the need to connect to the internet. You can easily add your own personal recipe, add favorite and personal category you like.

Chef's Recipe Box also keeps a history of your recently viewed recipes in an easy to view tab. Chef's Recipe Box has option for you to share your perfect recipe to other by email, SMS, or PIN.

Chef's Recipe Box is a gourmet recipe cookbook that everyone will love.
    Last edited by hxcellent; 03-26-13 at 09:31 PM.
    03-26-13 07:58 PM
    Latest update:

March 30, 2013 - Release 1.0.17 on App World
    - Now support Q10 devices
    - Fixed category item not removed properly
    - Change to only tag the item as favorite automatically if the item is not currently favorite,
    not created by user, and the item is in an update operation.
    - Change to only tag the item as "My Recipe" automatically if it is a newly added item.
    - Fix photo select
    - Added split check for both \r and \n
    - Fixed unable to scroll certain list view in FindResults (added scrollview)
    - Fixed duplicated recipes shown on favorite front page
    - Fixed sort issue for counter
    04-04-13 12:37 AM
    April 20 - Added a very accurate external ranked search engine for recipes with full ratings.

The app now comes with 2 search engines - local and external. Search for unlimited number of recipes from this application.

Please post a review if you like this application or if you have any improvement ideas.

Thanks!
    04-27-13 06:00 PM
    If you are having the empty recipe issue, it is probably because your locale is not English. I uploaded a new version that will fix the problem. However, it will be a few days before AppWorld reviews the fix.

Please follow the workaround below to fix the issue for now:

1. Uninstall/delete the application
    2. Change your language to English
    3. Reinstall the application. It should be loaded with English recipes.
    4. Change your locale back to your original language.
    5. The application should be working properly

If you still have the problem, please send me an email or message on the crackberry forum.

Thank you!

April 20 - Added a very accurate external ranked search engine for recipes with full ratings.

The app now comes with 2 search engines - local and external. Search for unlimited number of recipes from this application.

Please post a review if you like this application or if you have any improvement ideas.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hxcellent; 05-05-13 at 06:26 AM.
    05-05-13 06:11 AM
    Issue noted above has been fixed and if you are a French user, a new French version will be releasing in a few days.

We also received a great article/video review by crackberry.com:

Here's one for you cooking fans - Chef's Recipe Box for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    05-13-13 05:39 PM
    Just bought it, thanks for a great app

Thumb up that it's a native one and not a port, but I would recommend to change all the in-app icons for a minimalistic symbols to match the whole BB10 UI. All the colored 3D icons with shiny efects are a bit out-dated and to be honest when I first looked at the screens provided in BB World I thought it was an Android port, because this is what Android apps look like. BlackBerry created pretty nice guidelines and provided some basic icon set to download for free, this link could help you:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...onography.html

Plus I spotted a tiny bug. On the right from the search field there is a magnifying glass and a square button with some text label on it, but the text won't fit on the little button, I can only see the first two letters. I guess it is a prep time search function, so I'd recommend adding a stop-watch icon instead of the text.

Hope you don't take my words badly, I appreciate your work and will definitely use the app, these are just some tips that I think would make your app even better
    05-13-13 09:46 PM
    Thanks Ruslan for the comment. The tiny bug has been fixed and it's actually waiting to be reviewed by RIM. It is a special integrated web recipe search with special keywords feature to make the search more accurate for additional recipes on google.

I am adding a whole bunch of features (top of the list: share and back up your own recipe feature) and optimize the performance significantly first before going back and revisiting the screen design.

Thank you again for the review. It will help me improving the app.

P.s.: I would really appreciate it if you could put a good review on Appworld. It means a lot to us

Just bought it, thanks for a great app

Thumb up that it's a native one and not a port, but I would recommend to change all the in-app icons for a minimalistic symbols to match the whole BB10 UI. All the colored 3D icons with shiny efects are a bit out-dated and to be honest when I first looked at the screens provided in BB World I thought it was an Android port, because this is what Android apps look like. BlackBerry created pretty nice guidelines and provided some basic icon set to download for free, this link could help you:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...onography.html

Plus I spotted a tiny bug. On the right from the search field there is a magnifying glass and a square button with some text label on it, but the text won't fit on the little button, I can only see the first two letters. I guess it is a prep time search function, so I'd recommend adding a stop-watch icon instead of the text.

Hope you don't take my words badly, I appreciate your work and will definitely use the app, these are just some tips that I think would make your app even better
    05-13-13 10:40 PM
    An idea to add to ur amazing app is to have it bring up a recipe with the stuff u have in ur fridge or pantry. Just type in the ingredients and it brings up recipes that have those components.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:56 PM
    Thanks Spiculated. I will look into it for future release.

Latest update:

Added 4 different share options. If you capture photos for the recipe using the application, you will be able to share both the recipe and all the photos for your recipes using the email option. Due to 140 length limits, I didn't enable sharing by twitter feature. If you have an idea for sharing on twitter, please let me know

If you like the application, please write us a good review. It means a lot to us.
    05-23-13 02:49 PM
    For Italian and French users, we have 30,000+ recipes in Italian and French languages. Please set your language to French or Italian, and then install the application.
    05-23-13 02:53 PM
    Love the app a suggestion for improving it would be the ability to share recipes from the Web to the app to store them instead of to Remember.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:40 PM