I want to change password of my password keeper app, possible?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:32 AM
    Yes.

1. Log in to Password Keeper
    2. Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then go into Settings
    3. Scroll down until you hit Change Password Keeper Password. You're going to need to enter your current password to proceed from here.
    06-06-15 01:12 PM
    Is there any way to get access password keeper cloud data w/o using password keeper apps?
    06-06-15 02:01 PM
    Is there any way to get access password keeper cloud data w/o using password keeper apps?
    No.
    06-06-15 02:04 PM
    No. The best you can do is backup to your device or upload your encrypted backup file to cloud service storage or email it to yourself.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.798 CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 06-06-15 at 03:05 PM.
    06-06-15 02:36 PM
    There is any BlackBerry password keeper backup on cloud?

I am worried of keeping lots of passwords so I lost my device.lol

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 03:00 PM
    No.
    In that case if I perform factory reset using link does it restore back or my old password keeper 's password will work again.
    06-06-15 03:19 PM
    In that case if I perform factory reset using link does it restore back or my old password keeper 's password will work again.
    It should work. Since it asks me to sync and asks you create a new password after installing a clean OS. Seems like the password Keeper password is just to access the app locally, but that the cloud backup is simply tied to the BBid.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.798 CB10
    06-06-15 03:24 PM
    It should work. Since it asks me to sync and asks you create a new password after installing a clean OS. Seems like the password Keeper password is just to access the app locally, but that the cloud backup is simply tied to the BBid.

Hope so.
    06-06-15 03:35 PM
    There is an Export option under Settings. If you're willfully resetting your phone, you may want to use it.
    06-06-15 04:04 PM
    There is an Export option under Settings. If you're willfully resetting your phone, you may want to use it.
    I'm assuming that he can't get into the app to export since he doesn't remember the password.

06-06-15 04:44 PM
    Yes.

1. Log in to Password Keeper
    2. Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then go into Settings
    3. Scroll down until you hit Change Password Keeper Password. You're going to need to enter your current password to proceed from here.
    Thanks Pal, BTW can I access to it somewhere else, like my windows PC?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:32 PM
    Thanks Pal, BTW can I access to it somewhere else, like my windows PC?
    No.
    06-06-15 09:41 PM
    Then what is use of cloud storage? Export perform locally.
    06-06-15 09:42 PM
    Ask BlackBerry. I'm just grateful that somebody can't get my PK database on a non-BB and have an infinite number of brute force cracks at it. And even if they load my db on a BB10 phone, they get a limited number of tries. A much beloved OEM learned the value of this quite recently.

The cloud is for convenience. What you're wishing for is BB to either a) open their PK db cloud/encryption to other providers (not going to happen) or b) provide a just-as-secure solution for other platforms like a desktop (takes resources to build such things from the ground up, and they don't quite do this.)
    jope28 likes this.
    06-06-15 09:48 PM
    Cloud storage is in case you need to restore the passwords when changing devices or after a clean install.

06-06-15 09:49 PM
    There should be password recovery option for that apps.
    06-06-15 09:56 PM
    There should be password recovery option for that apps.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, then there is. It's just limited to BB devices.

When I migrated from my 9900 to Q10, I downloaded PK on the Q10 and did a (Protect?) restore of my db to the Q10. I was prompted to enter my PK master password--the one I had set on my 9900. So it seems like the master password is embedded into the db, which makes sense.
    06-06-15 10:14 PM
    If I'm understanding you correctly, then there is. It's just limited to BB devices.

When I migrated from my 9900 to Q10, I downloaded PK on the Q10 and did a (Protect?) restore of my db to the Q10. I was prompted to enter my PK master password--the one I had set on my 9900. So it seems like the master password is embedded into the db, which makes sense.
    I forgot about the master password. Is it same as the password which I am using right now. If not any way to reset it using current password.
    06-06-15 10:22 PM
    I forgot about the master password. Is it same as the password which I am using right now. If not any way to reset it using current password.
    Yeah, it's the same password you use to get into PK right now. It carries over with the db. Sorry, I don't know about reset since I've never needed to do that.
    06-06-15 10:34 PM
    Yeah, it's the same password you use to get into PK right now. It carries over with the db. Sorry, I don't know about reset since I've never needed to do that.
    Thanks. But who are not regular user of password keeper and forget his psw, for them there should be provision for master password recovery option by email or BlackBerry id.
    06-06-15 10:49 PM
    Thanks. But who are not regular user of password keeper and forget his psw, for them there should be provision for master password recovery option by email or BlackBerry id.
    Then hopefully such a person stores his/her passwords elsewhere too
    06-06-15 11:49 PM
    Then hopefully such a person stores his/her passwords elsewhere too
    Haaaa..already saved. Thanks.
    06-07-15 12:24 AM