Hello CrackBerry-heads,

The original Cellumap for BlackBerry OS 4.6 and higher was released here on CB in 2010:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...otting-435351/

...now it's 2014, BlackBerry has an excellent new OS, and Cellumap has an app for it:

App Name: Cellumap (http://www.cellumap.com)

Summary: Crowd-sourced cellular coverage maps. Send network info from your BlackBerry to the Cellumap server, then view yours (and everyone else's) cellular coverage on the map. "Why do I need this?" If you have an interest in the cellular network coverage in your area, you can walk/drive around and upload data, then view on the main map where coverage is strong/weak, as well as to see individual cell coverage using the Cell ID filter on the map (Cellumap Cellular Coverage Maps). Works on CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE. See more info below.

Link to BlackBerry World Listing: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...75889/?lang=en (available for both BB OS and BB10)

Price: FREE (as always!)

Screenshot of the BB10 app:
    Cellumap: Map your 2G/3G/4G Network Coverage-cm-01.png
    Cellumap: Map your 2G/3G/4G Network Coverage-cm-02.png

A screenshot of the main Cellumap page showing cellular coverage:
    Cellumap: Map your 2G/3G/4G Network Coverage-cm-screenshot.png

A new feature to show cellular towers has been added last year, it's still in "Beta", so don't expect all towers to be listed, but may be useful in any case:
    Cellumap: Map your 2G/3G/4G Network Coverage-cm-tower.png

For some examples on mapping coverage, and "how-to", visit these links:
    Cellumap Cellular Coverage Maps
    New Cellumap Website: now with Towers; Cell Tower Hunting Club "The Cellumap website has ..."

Please post any feedback here. If you notice something wrong in the app, please let me know here prior to leaving a negative review on BlackBerry World so I can correct it (the problem with 10.3 beta "white background" has been corrected already). I am especially interested on how it works on a CDMA network, as I have not tested it on one (I have only GSM/UMTS/LTE available in my area).
    pick1eberry likes this.
    05-05-14 04:25 AM
    This is very cool and has a lot of information! Thank you for this!!!!!
    RadioRaiders likes this.
    05-05-14 05:43 AM
    Very cool. Going to try this today. Thanks.
    RadioRaiders likes this.
    05-05-14 06:31 AM
    BTW, if you plan to use Cellumap when driving, please don't hold it in your hand and send data manually (!!). Buy a window mount for your BlackBerry and set Cellumap to "Auto" so data is sent automatically, you don't need to press the send button. A cigarette lighter USB charger is a good idea too so your battery doesn't drain.

I just saw CrackBerry has 20% off all accessories till May 12th, so now's a great time to get some, and "Hit the road, Jack"!

Cellumap: Map your 2G/3G/4G Network Coverage-cm-drive1-sm.jpg
    05-07-14 01:10 PM