Actually, if tax money is a consideration, then the decision to users resources in a limited fashion should be lauded.

From that perspective, supporting the top OSes just make sense. Supporting BBRY isn't a requirement to receive funds. That could get icky depending on the company.
    Bwahahahaha!
    What?
    WP8 is NOT a top OS in Canada.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-10-14 06:55 PM
    The CBC app is really pretty good. Downloaded it through Snap. You'll get an error message every minute or so. Just click OK and ignore it.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    02-10-14 07:48 PM
    The CBC app is really pretty good. Downloaded it through Snap. You'll get an error message every minute or so. Just click OK and ignore it.

Lol "Error message every minute" - "just click OK and ignore it"

I bet your IT department wishes everyone was like you

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    02-10-14 08:15 PM
    Lol "Error message every minute" - "just click OK and ignore it"

I bet your IT department wishes everyone was like you

It's pretty annoying but considering it wasn't made for BlackBerry I'm giving them a bit of a break.

02-10-14 09:05 PM
    Bwahahahaha!
    What?
    WP8 is NOT a top OS in Canada.
    What are the official marketshare numbers?

Knowing MSFT, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it paid for the app.
    02-10-14 10:05 PM
    What are the official marketshare numbers?

Knowing MSFT, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it paid for the app.
    And that pretty much sums it up..with Microsoft 's endless cash flow they could have paid anything to ensure there was a WP version.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-10-14 10:16 PM
    This was not a decision that was made directly by CBC. The app and the entire ecosystem that they are using to manage the data is built around proprietary libraries. The most important of those libraries only support those 3 platforms. If Microsoft did pay someone it would be those companies, not CBC.

If you really want to email someone to change whether future sports apps from CBC will be on BB10 email Deltatre or one of the other companies that make the 3rd party libraries they are using.
    02-10-14 10:23 PM
    Not that I'm a big fan of Rogers, but if you're a customer, download "Anyplace TV" app from BlackBerry World. It includes live coverage by CBC and Sportsnet. You get the first month free and then it's 5 bucks per month after that. You can just dump it after the games.

As for CBC, I'm going to the complaint page now. Thanks for the idea and info.
    G0 CANADA.......and our best friends just south of us.....except in hockey of course

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-10-14 at 11:01 PM.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-10-14 10:45 PM
    Yep, just tried to write a note to CBC. Won't work. Their Commodore 64's are probably down.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:51 PM
    I doubt it will matter, but I sent them this:

Dear CBC,

I'm very disappointed to see you have chosen not to support a BlackBerry version of your CBC Olympics App, but yet you have chosen to support Apple, Android, and even Windows!

BlackBerry as you know is a Canadian company, and Apple, Android (Google), and Windows are all American companies. CBC receives over a billion dollars each year from Canadian taxpayers and as a show of appreciation the CBC chose to support American companies but not a Canadian company?

The optics of this are very poor and will only provide more fodder for the critics who wish to cut off your tax dollar subsidies and privatize the network.

I find your decision not to support BlackBerry and in turn Canadian jobs appalling.
    I appreciate your passion. I too am disappointed they did not create a BB10 app. Was their decision appalling? Absolutely not. They had to deliver an excellent TV and Web experience and they did. CBC's coverage of #Sochi2014 is superior to anything I have ever experienced.

The iOS app is exactly what I have wishing for when it comes to amateur sports coverage. Don't suffer unnecessarily, buy a WiFi iPad, enjoy CBC's superior coverage. Return the iPad and register your protest then.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    02-11-14 12:09 AM
    I think microsoft paid to have cbc not put an app on bb10. CBC has been pumping windows every time they can, skype logo on almost every video interview. Windows Phone is non existent in this country, this isnt a business decision, its a paid for one. Shame on CBC for selling out.

Smh. Disgusting.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:36 AM
    I think microsoft paid to have cbc not put an app on bb10. CBC has been pumping windows every time they can, skype logo on almost every video interview. Windows Phone is non existent in this country, this isnt a business decision, its a paid for one. Shame on CBC for selling out.

Smh. Disgusting.
    Here we go...
    02-11-14 12:40 AM
    Here we go...
    Yup...bring out the tin foil!

02-11-14 09:12 PM
    Yup...bring out the tin foil!

Aren't they using aluminum now? Lol

02-12-14 04:40 AM
    I downloaded apk through snap and it installed fine. However since then it has stopped working right and I get a "unfortunately C2DM has stopped"

And the app doesn't work. Anyone have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:30 AM
    Taxpayers money used to develop apps, yet no BlackBerry app. They keep bragging about app every commercial break. Starting to become an irritant, LOL

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    Last edited by chiphazard; 02-14-14 at 07:08 AM.
    02-14-14 05:13 AM
66 123