Where do I send my complaint email to?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:49 AM
    Go to the link above its in the bottom right of the page to send your complaint.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Clanked likes this.
    02-07-14 12:20 PM
    What a disgrace. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 04:02 PM
    I was watching videos with the sideloaded app yesterday. Today however, different story, nothing seems to work. Looking at the android play store comments videos aren't working for them either though. So hopefully it gets fixed. Still disgusting that they left out Blackberry. I submitted a comment through their website.
    Clanked likes this.
    02-07-14 09:21 PM
    While I understand the angst -- to a degree -- and have no problem with respectfully asking for BB10 support, I can't help but wonder why a business decision is considered anti-Canadian.
    cwalt2166 and Krazykula like this.
    02-07-14 10:09 PM
    Some people with work issued BB10s have developer mode disabled (like me) and cannot sideload apps (like Snap) and cannot get the CBC Olympic APK file.

APK file is located here: http://www.filedropper.com/cacbcsochi

Ignore the C2DM error.
    02-08-14 07:47 AM
    Great job CBC on the release of your Olympic App. I happened to notice that it's available on all platforms excluding the only Canadian made Platform.

The exclusion doesn't surprise me considering CBC's hate on for Blackberry. I can remember back in September / October when it was reported on "The National" that "the Canadian Government should not fund BlackBerry and help them stay above water". Although, I agree that tax payers hard earned money should not be used to keep BlackBerry a float, I found it humorous coming from a "Canadian Network" that is subsidized via Canadian Tax Payers.

Good Bye CBC News App, Good Bye CBC Hockey App, Good Bye CBC Radio App! Go Team Canada...Go Team BlackBerry!

I doubt this type of message will any impact at all....
    02-08-14 08:06 AM
    Just an FYI that if you want to actually get to the CBC mobile team you should go through one of their apps not the general mailbox on their site.

Download a CBC app from BBW, swipe down from the top, go to Info and then hit the Contact Us button. At least that gets the message to the right people.

I don't get their decision to support Windows mobile over BB10. At last check, market share for Windows was minuscule in Canada so it doesn't even make sense as a business decision.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:43 AM
    B.s. Especially considering the amount of tax blackberry has paid over the years and cbc is funded by the taxpayers. But their time is expiring, which is good everyone. I was soooo happy when they lost hnic.
    Sick of my tax dollars wasted on this organization.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:44 AM
    Some users are saying they can stream video Direct from the CBC Olympic website. I cannot. I've tried it in desktop and mobile mode, and with pop-up blocker off.

If you can stream, what settings do you have on your phone's web browser?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:48 AM
    While I understand the angst -- to a degree -- and have no problem with respectfully asking for BB10 support, I can't help but wonder why a business decision is considered anti-Canadian.
    I'm guessing that you don't know that the CBC is supported by Canadian tax dollars. I do not like that my money went to a business decision that supports a platform (WP8) which is far less prevalent in Canada than the home grown BB10. Bad form.
    02-08-14 01:08 PM
    I doubt this type of message will any impact at all....
    I agree

02-08-14 01:09 PM
    So the CBC announced their suite of mobile apps for Sochi 2014 coverage. All platforms are included except for BlackBerry. Hello...CBC...CANADIAN Broadcasting Corporation?

Posted via CB10
    Look. There are not many BB10 out there now and nor will there be by the time Sochi is over. I am glad you registered your complain but CBC did the right thing by focusing on the iOS app. Now go do your part and by an iPad, watch the Olympics and then return it.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    02-08-14 01:34 PM
    Look. There are not many BB10 out there now and nor will there be by the time Sochi is over. I am glad you registered your complain but CBC did the right thing by focusing on the iOS app. Now go do your part and by an iPad, watch the Olympics and then return it.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    I don't think anyone is complaining that CBC supported iOS or Android. It makes sense as a business decision. What doesn't though is making a WP8 app over BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Clanked likes this.
    02-08-14 08:40 PM
    I'm guessing that you don't know that the CBC is supported by Canadian tax dollars. I do not like that my money went to a business decision that supports a platform (WP8) which is far less prevalent in Canada than the home grown BB10. Bad form.
    Actually, if tax money is a consideration, then the decision to users resources in a limited fashion should be lauded.

From that perspective, supporting the top OSes just make sense. Supporting BBRY isn't a requirement to receive funds. That could get icky depending on the company.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    02-08-14 09:45 PM
    I don't think anyone is complaining that CBC supported iOS or Android. It makes sense as a business decision. What doesn't though is making a WP8 app over BB10.

Posted via CB10
    That is in fact the kick in the head. I get it if it was just Android and IOS...but WP8....Please!

Clanked likes this.
    02-08-14 09:54 PM
    CBC have given plenty of love to BB10 apps. Do not be ashamed to go out and buy the iOS device just to watch the Olympics on CBC. If my Netflix machine, er iPad, was not supplied by work I would have returned it long ago. The CBC iOS app is fantastic. The iPad itself is not, is a constant reminder of how fantastic my Z10 is.

02-08-14 10:44 PM
    CBC have given plenty of love to BB10 apps. Do not be ashamed to go out and buy the iOS device just to watch the Olympics on CBC. If my Netflix machine, er iPad, was not supplied by work I would have returned it long ago. The CBC iOS app is fantastic. The iPad itself is not, is a constant reminder of how fantastic my Z10 is.

That's funny...I too have a work-supplied "Netflix machine" Worse, my 6 year old daughter thinks it's hers and I tend to agree! At least she also watches YouTube videos on how to make stuff so it's really a dual purpose machine now

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    02-08-14 11:25 PM
    That's funny...I too have a work-supplied "Netflix machine" Worse, my 6 year old daughter thinks it's hers and I tend to agree! At least she also watches YouTube videos on how to make stuff so it's really a dual purpose machine now

The joke is every time one my competitors brings out their iPad the conversation gravitates to Apple and the iPad. It leaves little time to talk about the competitive products they should be pushing. I leave iPad at home, my BlackBerry works better.

The iPad let's me chat up on Archer and now the Olympics.

02-09-14 12:32 AM
    Go here:

http://olympics.cbc.ca/index.html

Why build an app when it's not needed. This site works great. Haven't missed an event yet. Updates real time.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    02-09-14 01:00 AM
    Go here:

http://olympics.cbc.ca/index.html

Why build an app when it's not needed. This site works great. Haven't missed an event yet. Updates real time.

I guess you don't watch live feeds. My definition of "works great" would encompass live feeds as well.

02-09-14 07:04 AM
    Some people with work issued BB10s have developer mode disabled (like me) and cannot sideload apps (like Snap) and cannot get the CBC Olympic APK file.

APK file is located here: http://www.filedropper.com/cacbcsochi

Ignore the C2DM error.

Sachesi sideloads without development mode enabled. That argument is invalid.
    02-09-14 07:14 AM
    I guess you don't watch live feeds. My definition of "works great" would encompass live feeds as well.

Android version from Snap works fine. However takes you to mobile site for TV schedule etc..

02-09-14 07:52 AM
    I doubt it will matter, but I sent them this:

Dear CBC,

I'm very disappointed to see you have chosen not to support a BlackBerry version of your CBC Olympics App, but yet you have chosen to support Apple, Android, and even Windows!

BlackBerry as you know is a Canadian company, and Apple, Android (Google), and Windows are all American companies. CBC receives over a billion dollars each year from Canadian taxpayers and as a show of appreciation the CBC chose to support American companies but not a Canadian company?

The optics of this are very poor and will only provide more fodder for the critics who wish to cut off your tax dollar subsidies and privatize the network.

I find your decision not to support BlackBerry and in turn Canadian jobs appalling.
    Clanked and johnm137 like this.
    02-10-14 01:47 AM
    Too bad they don't have the bandwidth to support their "streaming" services...it's more like flipping thru a comic book watching an animation in the corners (forget what it's called)

Must be provided by Bell and throttled :P
    02-10-14 02:47 PM
66 123