So the CBC announced their suite of mobile apps for Sochi 2014 coverage. All platforms are included except for BlackBerry. Hello...CBC...CANADIAN Broadcasting Corporation?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:32 PM
    I like the official Sochi app better but that's only my opinion

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    R Field likes this.
    02-04-14 12:34 PM
    So the CBC announced their suite of mobile apps for Sochi 2014 coverage. All platforms are included except for BlackBerry. Hello...CBC...CANADIAN Broadcasting Corporation?

Posted via CB10
    what I've come to expect, unfortunately, from the cbc.

I mean, they were paying Don Cherry upwards of $800k.... so I'm not surprised at all where their head is at.
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-04-14 12:48 PM
    Where can we send them a message?

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 and Clanked like this.
    02-04-14 12:49 PM
    Which is weird because my friend who works in the TV production for CBC gets issued a BlackBerry Z10 for work instead of his personal Nexus device.
    02-04-14 03:02 PM
    Go to cbc.ca, scroll to the bottom, click "Contact Us" and file a complaint.

I'm also doing so. They even have the app for Windows phone, that's just insulting...
    Carjackd and Clanked like this.
    02-04-14 05:34 PM
    Just did fill a complaint. Please do the same.

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    Clanked likes this.
    02-04-14 05:37 PM
    That's funny. They've been one of the biggest BB10 supporters out there, with several apps for CBC TV and radio.

Very odd.
    02-04-14 05:40 PM
    Not a big deal, just download it from Snap. I won't be super surprised to see a lot of these one-off apps never come to BB10 now that we can easily get the Android version. Why would a company pay someone to create a BB10 app when they can just create an Android one that serves two sets of users? These events are a few weeks at a time and sometimes the companies may not be very proactive in their mobile developments, so to save time it's just easier to create an Android app.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-04-14 05:42 PM
    That's funny. They've been one of the biggest BB10 supporters out there, with several apps for CBC TV and radio.
    Where's the CBC TV app? I've seen news and radio but not one to watch their tv programming.
    02-04-14 05:43 PM
    Go to cbc.ca, scroll to the bottom, click "Contact Us" and file a complaint.

I'm also doing so. They even have the app for Windows phone, that's just insulting...
    Great job CBC on the release of your Olympic App. I happened to notice that it's available on all platforms excluding the only Canadian made Platform.

The exclusion doesn't surprise me considering CBC's hate on for Blackberry. I can remember back in September / October when it was reported on "The National" that "the Canadian Government should not fund BlackBerry and help them stay above water". Although, I agree that tax payers hard earned money should not be used to keep BlackBerry a float, I found it humorous coming from a "Canadian Network" that is subsidized via Canadian Tax Payers.

Good Bye CBC News App, Good Bye CBC Hockey App, Good Bye CBC Radio App! Go Team Canada...Go Team BlackBerry!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    xBURK likes this.
    02-04-14 06:19 PM
    Android version works fine lol. Just ignore the C2DM error. Also, it's just a crappy wrapper of their site anyway. Your browser would work better than their app. Principal of it all though, I suppose.
    02-04-14 07:20 PM
    I thought the idea was to get the developer to submit their android apps to bbw...

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:05 PM
    Usually I wouldn't care that much and download the android app but this one is hard to let go...every platform can access the app except for BlackBerry? It would be nice if they supported the Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:52 PM
    I just tried submitting a complaint and they are having a problem with form submission... I wonder if we have flooded them.
    02-06-14 08:20 AM
    I just tried submitting a complaint and they are having a problem with form submission... I wonder if we have flooded them.
    Knowing cbc as I do, six people submitting a the same time would probably flood them. hahahaha. Im boycotting the olympics this year. Solidarity!
    xBURK and johnm137 like this.
    02-06-14 08:31 AM
    Android version works fine lol. Just ignore the C2DM error. Also, it's just a crappy wrapper of their site anyway. Your browser would work better than their app. Principal of it all though, I suppose.
    A well designed mobile website is sometimes better than an app but their site won't even play videos.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    02-06-14 08:39 AM
    The site runs fine, but can't play any videos on my Bell BB Z10. I'm running the latest official 10.2.1.

The live stream videos are flash based.

Just curious, what is the reason why we can't play the videos.

Is it because the BB browser doesn't have the latest Flash plugin or they purposely restrict mobile devices?

Is this a similar situation that we also can't watch videos on the CTVgo site to watch the latest CTV shows? Let's hope they won't upgrade the other Bell Media empire sites such as watch.thecomedynetwork.ca site as they are streaming flash videos on my BB Z10 perfectly fine right now.

Thanks
    02-06-14 10:53 AM
    Can anyone post the apk?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:30 PM
    Can anyone post the apk?
    Can you not look for the app using Snap?
    Carjackd and thatplaybookguy like this.
    02-06-14 02:45 PM
    I am currently in australia, and SNAP doesn't find the app, and google play won't let me download it. I would like to watch the Canadian feeds, please post the .apk

Thanks in advance..
    02-07-14 07:16 AM
    I downloaded the CBC Sochi 2014 app from Snap to my Z10 yesterday and it works fine. The video stream within the app works without issues for me. The only annoyance is the C2DM error message but that's minor. Another issue I've noticed is that the app is about 30 seconds to a minute or two slower than the actual broadcast on CBC TV. At any rate, Go Canada Go!!!
    02-07-14 09:35 AM
    According to CBC, their audience is mainly iOS with some Android, so it was a financial decision. It doesn't explain the inclusion of Windows Phone to the exclusion of BlackBerry though.

The CBC will have 12 live video feeds available to stream on computers and mobile devices. The network says the Games in Sochi mark the first time Canadians will be able to watch every event live on mobile, via an app for Apple iOS or Google Android smartphones and tablets, and Windows Phone 8 devices.
    BlackBerry users are out of luck.
    "The CBC audience is primarily an iOS audience, with a growing Android base, and we only have so much money so we've got to basically fish where the fish are," says Tavares of the CBC's mobile strategy.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...243716671.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DanielLui1 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    02-07-14 09:36 AM
    They need to be reminded that they get over a billion of Canadian taxpayers dollars every year at CBC.

Arrogant little ****.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    02-07-14 09:45 AM
    They use Deltatre to manage their sports content in the app which only supports iOS, Android, and Windows 8. Thus, no BlackBerry app.

They are going to have a pile of usage data after the Olympics. Adobe analytics, bugsense, comscore analytics, distimo analytics, flurry analytics, and critercism app performance management are all in their app.
    02-07-14 11:21 AM
66 123