OK, so I've been running out of memory on my Z30. I noticed the CrackBerry App was using a lot of memory, so I thought I might uninstall/re-install and see if it would free up some memory. I uninstalled CrackBerry and rebooted, but when I go to BB World it shows up as still Installed. Any new attempt to uninstall now results in a "Failed to uninstall" message, and I can't re-install because BB World insists it is still there. Ironically, I have had to install (and am typing this in) the Android version of CrackBerry from Snap.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-06-16 07:02 PM
    OK, so I've been running out of memory on my Z30. I noticed the CrackBerry App was using a lot of memory, so I thought I might uninstall/re-install and see if it would free up some memory. I uninstalled CrackBerry and rebooted, but when I go to BB World it shows up as still Installed. Any new attempt to uninstall now results in a "Failed to uninstall" message, and I can't re-install because BB World insists it is still there. Ironically, I have had to install (and am typing this in) the Android version of CrackBerry from Snap.

Go to device look for down loads......find it if you and delete............I am going to ask a stupid question, did you install the run-time patch from BlackBerry at the begining of the year?
    08-06-16 07:26 PM
    I installed the patch (I am actually able to uninstall and reinstall the Android version of CrackBerry at will). The BB10 version is stuck in purgatory.
    There is nothing in my Device Downloads folder.

08-06-16 07:37 PM
    [QUOTE=jhimmel;12536385]I installed the patch (I am actually able to uninstall and reinstall the Android version of CrackBerry at will). The BB10 version is stuck in purgatory.
    There is nothing in my Device Downloads folder.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android[/QUOT[/I]

Any chance it sits on the SD card?
    08-06-16 07:46 PM
    Go to BlackBerry World swipe down from the top choose setting refresh BlackBerry World, hope it works
    08-06-16 07:57 PM
    OK, I am back. I tried Usman's suggestion, and CrackBerry showed as uninstalled. Step in the right direction. I installed it again, and tried to run it, but it would just crash as soon as I opened it. Then it would fail to uninstall again. Well, after numerous BBW refreshing, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting some more - it's now working again. Thanks all for your efforts to help. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 10:00 PM
    Now BBW is showing a couple of updates to apps (CrackBerry is one of them) even though the installed version is the same as the "update". Installing the "Update" does not remove the app from the Updates tab, and refreshing BBW doesn't fix it. Gonna ignore that for now. This phone just needs to hang on a couple more weeks until my Note 7 arrives.
    08-06-16 10:17 PM
    Now BBW is showing a couple of updates to apps (CrackBerry is one of them) even though the installed version is the same as the "update". Installing the "Update" does not remove the app from the Updates tab, and refreshing BBW doesn't fix it. Gonna ignore that for now. This phone just needs to hang on a couple more weeks until my Note 7 arrives.
    Dang I'm jealous Note 7 is awesome!
    08-06-16 10:31 PM
    Well, I've been incredibly productive with my Z30 and BB10, but is getting long in the tooth and starting to show its age (and abandonment). Gonna miss it for sure.

The Note 7 checked off all my main requirements - Big screen, Big battery, SD storage, wireless charging - and then adds great camera, 64G internal storage, waterproof, and a nice pen. I was looking at 5.5" screen handsets, but this 5.7" phone, because of the edge design, is actually smaller overall than most 5.5" phones. I checked out a floor model and it looks and feels great. I'm hoping the BB experience suite will ease the transition.

I pre-ordered one and am waiting. This Z30 is having issues. Muffled sound during calls, dwindling app support, and the biggest problem, it is simply outgrowing it's 16G storage even though I keep everything I possibly can on the SD card. Available internal memory is shrinking and impacting the phones performance and the phone is starting to act up. There is no real path forward for me on BB10.

As a commercial construction Project Manager, my smartphone is the center of everything I do - my most important tool by far.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-06-16 10:50 PM