Apps such as SuperTube, Blaq, iGrann, Whine, and Wikipedia For BlackBerry 10 are extremely better than their official counterparts on Android. Having said that, apps such as Blippar, Flipboard, eBay, Paypal, Pinterest, Amazon Shopping, Cardstar, Mint, and many others have either been lazily ported from Android or are only available through sideloading. Are there any developers out there up to the task of bringing us some native unofficial versions of those apps and many other favorites that we are missing? Let me one of many to say that what independent developers have managed to create in native app translations is drastically improving the BlackBerry 10 experience over ports and sideloading. Not only that, but the features are better as is developer communication. I don't speak for everyone when I say this, but it's worth the nominal fee the developers charge to have an app that compliments the BlackBerry 10 UI and doesn't slow down or malfunction. Thank you.

I used my Q10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    02-22-14 06:21 PM
    Chive on, Snap2chat, snap :P

I too would like some more because they are overall amazing apps.

WP8 is so lucky to be cranking out a lot of them.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:32 PM
    Chive ON too for sure (haven't tried Snap2Chat yet). Those mentioned were only a few of my favorites for illustration (though I'm sure Jason is offended), and for any I missed, blanket apology.

02-22-14 06:37 PM
    I'm still waiting for PayPal or Square.
    02-22-14 07:00 PM
    Side load Square using Snap.

Works perfectly.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    02-22-14 07:49 PM
    That's the whole point. Sure, we can sideload Square (never heard of it), but wouldn't you rather pay a dollar or two for a developer to take that app, rewrite it natively, and add features to make it better than the official app? BlackBerry owners have money. Android owners don't. That's why we pay for apps.

02-22-14 08:07 PM
    I agree with you on all accounts and there already is a great native ebay app by a dev

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35964888

Posted via CB10
    citystars41 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    02-22-14 08:26 PM
    I agree with you on all accounts and there already is a great native ebay app by a dev

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35964888

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I bought this ad free to help support but it could definitely use some touching up. It's basically just the browser version.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:58 PM
    I tried that eBay app too. He is right. It's just the browser in a different wrapper. I'm looking for something that functions like the official eBay app, but better. Should have something self contained with the Cascades UI all over. SuperTube (one example) is filled with Cascades and options that make the Android YouTube app look like a Tandy 1000. That's what I like.

zclash and Sexy Sadie like this.
    02-22-14 09:42 PM
    That's the whole point. Sure, we can sideload Square (never heard of it), but wouldn't you rather pay a dollar or two for a developer to take that app, rewrite it natively, and add features to make it better than the official app? BlackBerry owners have money. Android owners don't. That's why we pay for apps.

Ya of course I would. But what I want doesn't always become reality. Until I find a genie in a bottle, Snap fills the gap nicely.

02-22-14 11:17 PM
    I will be building many unofficial in demand apps after snap2chat. Stay tuned. That's my goal

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:36 PM
    I'm gonna hold you to that, NemOry. You produce the apps, I produce the money. In fact, any independent developer who steps up to the plate to give us the app we deserve when the big name company won't should be getting paid every time. I'd feel guilty if I didn't. Some of these unofficial native apps are so damn good it's enough to convince smart people to give BlackBerry 10 a second look. I sold a few family members on BlackBerry 10 that way.

02-23-14 01:47 AM
    Side load Square using Snap.

Works perfectly.

But I don't want to sideload. I want an official app and am willing to pay for it.
    02-23-14 06:18 AM
    And I want a million dollars.

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-23-14 08:39 AM
    I'm gonna hold you to that, NemOry. You produce the apps, I produce the money. In fact, any independent developer who steps up to the plate to give us the app we deserve when the big name company won't should be getting paid every time. I'd feel guilty if I didn't.
    I will second this!!! Please NemOry make good on this promise!! Siriusxm, Netflix, etc... for me, the goal is to have an apk free phone!!

? We have apks cuz we need 'em not cuz we want 'em ?
    02-23-14 08:49 AM
    I'm going to build the apps and won't stop until there's still some missing. I think that's going to be my full job starting after snap2chat. I really love the bb10 community, the support. So good.

After snap2chat, I will make a poll of missing in demand apps. The one who has the top votes will be the priority to build first.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:53 AM
    Since I don't have BB10, how is the native app situation going? Anything new and good? Are they coming in at a good rate?
    02-23-14 10:04 AM
    Another thing: certain comments in BlackBerry World really **** me off. It's not the critique of games, or even complaints about non-working installations; I consider those legitimate concerns. But when people whine about having to pay for an app or in-app purchases to support the developer's hard work, that is embarrassing. Those people are most likely Android converts, and while sometimes things are free around here, we spend money when we need to as well. I'm halfway through my 4 year mobile development degree ( already completed my 2 year AA-IT degree), and my goal is to develop massive amounts of apps for BlackBerry 10 once I get the skills refined. I definitely want to get paid, especially when I owe $50,000.00 in student loans, right?

02-23-14 10:04 AM
    @nerdy plus one. I hope those people who don't understand why we're pricing our apps will somehow realize why. Nobody wants to work without getting satisfied back. Also developing apps costs too. Time and money and health sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:12 AM
    They are coming in at an excellent rate, but not how you would expect. BlackBerry 10 is becoming more independent developer supported which is a million times cooler to me any day of the week. That was the big draw of the PS4: we support independent developers. And the indie developers on here kick complete *** when they take an app such as Vine and rewrite it from the ground up to incorporate all the elements of BlackBerry 10. My stance on apps is that I'm less impressed when it's an official branded app because it's likely an Android port. If you are an Android user, you will feel right at home with those apps. Mark my words, BlackBerry 10 is no webOS or Windows Mobile. You spend enough time with it, you won't want to use anything else again.

02-23-14 10:13 AM
    I was once a die hard android user, then also become a windows phone user, I was interested developing for bb10. BlackBerry gave me a dev alpha B. Then starts my true happiness using a phone. BlackBerry 10 is the best I've tried and the worst is ios. Just the apps of ios and android are a lot more but I don't lile the user experience compared to bb10

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie, kbz1960 and leejayh like this.
    02-23-14 10:17 AM
    I have never used the Snap Chat service before 15 minutes ago, but I installed your Snap2Chat, and I LOVED it (thank you for utilizing Active Frames, huge pet peeve of mine when developers don't)! Why isn't it in BlackBerry World? I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to whatever you create next!

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-23-14 10:42 AM
    Is version 0.9.306 the latest version? I see headless apps on the way, too. Excellent work! Tested and approved on both my Q10 and my fiance's Z10.

02-23-14 10:57 AM
    I tried the official SnapChat app on my son's Android tablet (if the PlayBook were BlackBerry 10, he would definitely have that instead), and it was crap. Couldn't add pictures, couldn't save shots taken, the list goes on. You definitely have a fantastic app on your hands.

02-23-14 11:28 AM
    Regarding paying for apps and whatnot. People should not complain so much. Whine and igrann are free and they are both superior apps and represent the power of native. They even do the things the official apps don't!!

I have no problems donating however, it is important to have forum threads like these to see how the app came to be and gauge how the dev listens to feedback and how much work is going in the app. Not gonna mention names but some claim native and promise updates, you pay, get a mediocre app and never hear from them again.

? We have apks cuz we need 'em not cuz we want 'em ?
    02-23-14 12:01 PM
57 123