Hi guys, just wondering if someone can explain what some of the readings in Battery Guru mean. I understand the power reading, but what range should it be when it's charging and discharging? And what does the voltage and current reading mean? And what are healthy ranges for those?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...y-10-a-779696/ you may get some answers here.
    howarmat and peter9477 like this.
    07-01-13 07:50 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:53 PM
    Hi guys, just wondering if someone can explain what some of the readings in Battery Guru mean. I understand the power reading, but what range should it be when it's charging and discharging? And what does the voltage and current reading mean? And what are healthy ranges for those?

Posted via CB10
    You can also tweet the developer at @peter9477
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:04 PM
    OP, as stated, the developer of Battery Guru is, in fact, a battery guru, is active on CrackBerry and will respond to your questions in his app thread, on twitter, and via app support email.

Your about to make it to the mountain top when you connect with the Battery Guru!

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:55 PM
    I understand the power reading, but what range should it be when it's charging and discharging? And what does the voltage and current reading mean? And what are healthy ranges for those?

Charging figure depends on how much is going on to take battery power and how powerful the charger is.

If the device is truly idle the figure can vary from 2-5 watts 'positive' depending on the power of the charger and the state of charge. (It starts to taper the charge when it reaches around 80% charge level)

If there is no charger connected, power drain in the 'negative' direction can vary from less than 1 watt to 3-4 watts or more.

It's important to note that the figures are 'instantaneous' or momentary (not cumulative or running/longterm average) and are only updated every 2 minutes. (OS limitation)

Therefore if you pick up the device from idle/screen off mode and immediately look at the power stat it will be displaying the figure from when it was idle - wait 2 minutes and keep the screen on in order to see what the figure is for the 'active' state.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 07-05-13 at 07:50 PM. Reason: single char typo
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-03-13 12:40 AM
    Thanks everyone for great responses in my absence! I have been working diligently on upgrades to apps and not spending so much time searching forums here for mentions of Battery Guru.

By the way, in preference to using my own Twitter account (though that's fine too) you should really just follow https://twitter.com/EngenuityApps to stay in the loop on news, tips, etc relating to Battery Guru and our other apps, and you can ask questions there (if they fit in 140 chars!) and mention @EngenuityApps to draw our attention to threads with questions here.
    Lendo and habs_fan like this.
    07-05-13 07:46 PM