It appears that some bright spark had worked out a way to circumvent the root checking carried out by the Android version of Barclays Mobile Banking app.
    His fix comes in the form of a little app that cloaks the fact that a handset is rooted, allowing the BMB app to open.
    His thread, over on XDA, is:
    [Guide]Barclays mobile banking anti-anti-rootcheck patching - xda-developers

Sadly, I have tried running his app on my Z30 without success, so I am asking if anyone with greater wisdom than me can take a little look and see if anything can be done to allow us BB10 users to finally get this app running on our devices?
    Barclays are frustratingly slow at bringing us a working version and a solution would be greatly welcomed!

The .apk files are here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dwrps9xy2...saaUNyx0OzbDla

I'm not holding out much hope, but I'm the ever optimist!
    06-20-14 04:06 AM
    Have you tried using their mobile website? Often times that is quite functional on a BB browser.
    06-23-14 12:54 AM
    Have you tried using their mobile website? Often times that is quite functional on a BB browser.
    Yes, this is how I currently access my account but it's no way as convenient as the app!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 01:43 AM
    The transaction pages don't seem to display correctly for me. I have been on at Barclays for months without any joy - they are hopeless.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:03 PM
    I wish I had the knowledge and brain power to get into app development so I could take a swing at this myself!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 05:10 PM
    I'm really surprised that nobody is interested in having a go at trying to get this app to work!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:09 AM