Call Blockr is a phone call blocking app that blocks your unwanted calls.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/43593887

Features
    • Block or allow calls based on a time schedule.
    • Blacklist to block specific numbers or contacts.
    • Whitelist to only allow specific numbers or contacts.
    • Option to block any callers not in your list of contacts.
    • Option to block withheld phone numbers from unknown callers.
    • Import phone numbers into your blacklist or whitelist.
    • Can handle large lists containing thousands of phone numbers.
    • Easily move callers from one list to another and vise versa.
    • View history log of blocked calls.
    • Hub notifications of blocked calls.
    • Easily call or text numbers from within the lists.
    • Backup and restore your list data.

Any feedback, bug reports, or feature requests are welcome. Thanks.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-09-15 03:12 PM
    Nice job on the app. Any cost to it? Might be an idea to add cost or free to your post. Might get more clicks
    06-10-15 08:13 AM
    It's $2.99 and needs 10.3
    06-10-15 09:11 AM
    three questions:
    1. If I receive a call, realize that I don't want to be bothered by that number again, I can block that specific number based on my call log?
    2. Does the app give me the option to block,( blacklist, whitelist) with each call I receive, or do I need to activate the app after receiving an unwanted call?
    3. Can I enter a specific number that I want blocked that is not in my call log or contacts?

Thanks.
    06-10-15 09:33 AM
    Nice job on the app. Any cost to it? Might be an idea to add cost or free to your post. Might get more clicks
    Thanks Kris. It is a paid app (we've all got to make a living somehow!).
    06-10-15 04:44 PM
    It's $2.99 and needs 10.3
    Thanks for providing the extra info. It will run on OS 10.2 but unfortunately the blacklist/whitelist features weren't possible until 10.3.
    06-10-15 04:48 PM
    three questions:
    1. If I receive a call, realize that I don't want to be bothered by that number again, I can block that specific number based on my call log?
    2. Does the app give me the option to block,( blacklist, whitelist) with each call I receive, or do I need to activate the app after receiving an unwanted call?
    3. Can I enter a specific number that I want blocked that is not in my call log or contacts?

Thanks.
    Sure, I'd be happy to answer your questions.

1. Yes you can easily achieve this by holding down the call and selecting "Copy Number". Then paste this number into the blacklist from within the app.

2. Once you've setup your blacklist/whitelist and your blocking preferences, just close the app and it will run in the background blocking your unwanted calls. As with all my apps, a lot of effort has been put into making Call Blockr as light and efficient as possible so that it won't effect your battery or phone performance while running in the background.

3. Absolutely. You can add any phone number or contact into the list, and with this latest version you can even import phone numbers from CSV files.

Any other questions just let me know.

Thanks.
    06-10-15 05:07 PM
    thanks for replying, I will be purchasing this app.
    06-11-15 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the support. I hope you like the app.
    06-12-15 11:26 AM
    This app is not working for me. is there a special format a number has to be in?

is 4045008672 a bad entry? If so why does the app allow a bad entry to be put in. That = alot of inputs that do not work.
    06-23-15 04:24 PM
    This app is not working for me. is there a special format a number has to be in?
    Call Blockr is designed to be flexible and work with both national and international number formats. It is recommended to enter the numbers in international form (i.e. with the country code) just to be more specific, but this isn't a requirement.

If you are still having issues with the app, can you contact me either through the app or website and I'll look into it for you.

Thanks.
    06-24-15 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply but I am not in the phone number business. Why dont you explain to use what is acceptable like I asked please.

is this format acceptable 4045008672 ???? Yes or NO? Because if yes then the app is not working for me.

You have told us to long press the number in the phone app and paste into call blockr. That would result in this format.

(855)229-5561 This is the copy paste format that is here in the USA.
    06-24-15 07:58 PM
    Any valid phone number format is acceptable. So for example, both of those numbers you posted should work.
    Is 4045008672 the way it is displayed in your call log?

It's best to use the full number format (either international or national) to avoid any confusion.
    So in the case of '4045008672' please try '+1 (404) 500-8672' or '404-500-8672' (without the quotes).

I will do some further testing and see what the issue could be. Could you try the above formats and let me know if they work for you?

Thanks.
    Kadir Kaan ERKURAN likes this.
    06-25-15 05:21 PM
    OK part of the problem is Call Blocker sms blocker email blocker is another app.

Your call Blocker block numbers is different. Will BUY ! SORRY FOR CONFUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 07-27-15 at 06:59 AM.
    07-26-15 09:05 AM
    I've been looking for a solid call blocker app without success. Can you please answer a few questions:
    1. Does the app run in the background while closed, or does it need to be in the active frame to work?
    2. When blocked callers attempt to call, do they pop up on the incoming call screen or is this totally blocked?
    3. Do blocked callers appear in the missed calls list?
    07-26-15 10:26 AM
    the call blocker sms blocker app doesnt work right. Doesnt respect the blacklist and will just block all calls. Plus the app permissions you want are ridiculous and you give no explanation what is required and why. Do you care about the time we waste in the dark figuring this out? Deleted and hope to see a better app someday.
    I think you are confusing this with some other app.

There is a blacklist feature and all the requested permissions are fully explained in the BlackBerry World description: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/43593887/
    07-27-15 02:20 AM
    I've been looking for a solid call blocker app without success. Can you please answer a few questions:
    1. Does the app run in the background while closed, or does it need to be in the active frame to work?
    2. When blocked callers attempt to call, do they pop up on the incoming call screen or is this totally blocked?
    3. Do blocked callers appear in the missed calls list?
    Sure, happy to answer any questions.

1. Yes the app continues to run in the background when you close it. You can turn this feature on or off in the Settings menu.
    2. Calls are totally blocked so they don't popup on the incoming call screen.
    3. Yes they do.

Hope that helps.
    07-27-15 02:26 AM
    Sure, happy to answer any questions.

1. Yes the app continues to run in the background when you close it. You can turn this feature on or off in the Settings menu.
    2. Calls are totally blocked so they don't popup on the incoming call screen.
    3. Yes they do.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the quick reply, purchased and installed.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 06:36 AM
    I think you are confusing this with some other app.

There is a blacklist feature and all the requested permissions are fully explained in the BlackBerry World description: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/43593887/
    You are correct!!!!!!! Who would have guessed that the word Blockr would be used by a bunch of different dev's? My apologies! That other app doesnt work.
    07-27-15 07:01 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, purchased and installed.
    No problem. Thanks for trying it, and I hope you find it useful.
    07-27-15 06:46 PM
    You are correct!!!!!!! Who would have guessed that the word Blockr would be used by a bunch of different dev's? My apologies! That other app doesnt work.
    I know, right! I choose the word 'Blockr' to give it a unique name from the many other generic 'call blocker' apps, but I guess that was short lived. And now it's just made it harder to find the app unless someone is searching with the term 'blockr'.

Maybe I can get @Bla1ze or one of the other writers to feature it on crackberry instead!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    07-27-15 06:54 PM
    Call Blockr v2.6 for BlackBerry 10 is now available at BlackBerry World.

This new version contains a host of overall improvements and some new features, like access to the call log for easy entry into the blacklist or whitelist.

Hope you find it useful.
    05-01-16 10:35 AM