There isn't one available yet, does anyone know of a developer that's porting a program over from OS 7? For me this is essential and I hope one comes out soon.
    03-08-13 05:00 PM
    Ya! for me too I finally got a good call blocker app for my Style and I don't know If I'll be getting the Q10 till a good call blocker it'll be out for it
    03-10-13 03:06 PM
    Would be pretty clutch for me, I'm getting a ridiculous level of spam calls

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:00 PM
    I've send an e-mail to (( Call Blocker - Call Block and auto reply )) couple of times regarding developing there app for the BB 10
    I'm waiting for a answer back, If I'll get it I'll be posting it!
    03-12-13 09:48 AM
    There is a very useful app for legacy BBOS called "SpamBlocker", it also can filter/block email and SMS messages.

The developer told me 2-3 months ago that they were working on BB10 versions of their apps. They are based in Turkey.

Web: www.stopberry.com - SRS Call SMS and eMail Spam Blocker
    Email: [email protected]

SRS Technology (Turkish site)
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-12-13 08:48 PM
    This app is a must have for me as well. Still using my 9900 until one comes around. An sms blocking app is critical as well. I guess neither one would be very useful until they can run outside of an active frame, though.

Hoping.....waiting.....

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:27 PM
    I guess neither one would be very useful until they can run outside of an active frame, though.
    Interestingly, there seem to still be some "creative" ways to have certain kinds of background functions, since apparently for example, the new native WhatsApp thing supposedly can receive messages without being in an active frame, or in the foreground.
    03-14-13 05:52 PM
    same bout wife needed this app. she's thinking of going back to 9800 till this app is available
    03-17-13 12:24 AM
    Call blocker and SMS blocker are absolutely essential apps for both my wife and I.
    I bought Z10's for both of us last week and we're already feeling the pain of unwanted calls and SMS messages.
    Hopefully someone will release an app soon... and maybe even one that doesn't require *another* active frame.
    03-24-13 11:24 AM
    You can actually block calls if you go to Security - Parental Controls and allow incoming calls only from numbers in your Contacts List.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:32 AM
    I found the following in Blackberry World --- only problem is, all the reviewers say it doesn't work...

BlackBerry World - SMS Filter
    03-24-13 11:48 AM
    There is a very useful app for legacy BBOS called "SpamBlocker", it also can filter/block email and SMS messages.

The developer told me 2-3 months ago that they were working on BB10 versions of their apps. They are based in Turkey.

Web: www.stopberry.com - SRS Call SMS and eMail Spam Blocker
    Email: [email protected]

SRS Technology (Turkish site)
    Thank you.
    03-24-13 11:52 AM
    Absolutely essential for me. 1st one that brings it to market will get my business.
    03-26-13 11:58 AM
    Absolutely essential for me. 1st one that brings it to market will get my business.
    Yup. Agreed.
    03-26-13 02:47 PM
    You can actually block calls if you go to Security - Parental Controls and allow incoming calls only from numbers in your Contacts List.

Posted via CB10
    This doesn't do the same thing, unfortunately. I still want to receive the text messages, but I want them hidden and password protected. I'm a secret agent, working for an unnamed security division of the government. Lol!
    03-26-13 02:49 PM
    I found the following in Blackberry World --- only problem is, all the reviewers say it doesn't work...

BlackBerry World - SMS Filter
    You could checkout HUB++ Disco LED. Among other features, it also has the ability to filter text and emails. You can mark as read or delete unwanted messages right away.
    03-26-13 02:56 PM
    You could checkout HUB++ Disco LED. Among other features, it also has the ability to filter text and emails. You can mark as read or delete unwanted messages right away.
    Needs to remain in an active tile. That's the whole problem right now.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:09 PM
    Needs to remain in an active tile. That's the whole problem right now.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's the issue, we hope would be resolved once the ability to run headless app is available in BB10. Many BB10 apps are currently having the same issue.

Thanks for your patience!
    03-26-13 03:55 PM
    Yes, that's the issue, we hope would be resolved once the ability to run headless app is available in BB10. Many BB10 apps are currently having the same issue.

Lol...patience may be a virtue, but I had all mine surgically removed!! I'm looking forward to the headless apps soon...your app looks really good! Keep up the great work!!
    03-26-13 10:46 PM

Excuse my ignorance on this. But hat do you mean by "Headless App" ?

Thanks
    03-27-13 06:09 AM
    Excuse my ignorance on this. But hat do you mean by "Headless App" ?

Thanks
    This means that the app does not have to be running in the active frame. Apps would be running in the background. It would listen for certain events, and act on it to take action if the event is relevant to it. We did it in BBOS with our EMail++ app as did many other apps.
    Underdogz and niss63 like this.
    03-27-13 07:22 AM
    I'd also really like an app that will block incoming calls from a specific number that I keep getting calls from - it's that Google number that is showing up now from people who use that platform to make calls.

I called Rogers Wireless to see if I can block a number, but was told that I would have to pay $5.00 per month per number to block a specific number - which just seems absurdly expensive. If anyone knows of an app, make sure to shout it out loud.
    03-28-13 01:36 AM
    I sideloaded this app and it works well.

Blocker : BlackBerry 10 Bars
    03-30-13 07:06 AM
    I tried this one...didn't work for me...does it need to remain in an active frame? If so, it isn't helpful for me either...I'm waiting for something
    clean like I have on my OS7 device.

Hopefully BB will release the APIs for headless apps soon...or give us something native...THAT would be the best answer.
    03-30-13 11:22 AM
    does it need to remain in an active frame? If so, it isn't helpful for me either...

ALL BB10 apps at the present time MUST remain in an active frame. There is no way around that except for the things that are baked right into the OS itself.

"Headless app support" has been on the timeline for inclusion in BB10 since last year. Once that support in the OS is available (probably at least a month or two), then it will make it possible for many of the traditional "background apps" like call blockers to work without taking up an active frame.
    Francois Marcoux and niss63 like this.
    03-30-13 05:14 PM
31 12