Having purchased the "pro" version, and having already contacted S4BB's R&D on the weaknesses of this product, I was happy to see that they released a new version today. However, NONE of the - in my eyes - severe omissions of this "software" got fixed:
    • can't select a default calendar nor have the calendar default to my system wide standard. This means. whenever adding an appointment, it defaults to the local calendar, unless I select my standard calendar manually!
    • getting the message "selcted calendar is currently switched off" when adding an appointment. I have not "selected" any calendar (see above), nor is any of my calendars switched off.
    • Klicking on a particular day and then adding an appointment DOES NOT create the appointment for that very day, but ALWAYS for "tomorrow". Have to select the desired day manually, without having an overview on potential other appointments.
    • Once an appointment was created, this "app" does not allow for deleting it !?!

Are they serious? All of these requirements are very basic ones for any decent calendar app. How dare they to take money for that c**p? How come they have any godd reviews at all? Fakes?
    s4bb likes this.
    12-11-13 10:51 AM
    Having purchased the "pro" version, and having already contacted S4BB's R&D on the weaknesses of this product, I was happy to see that they released a new version today. However, NONE of the - in my eyes - severe omissions of this "software" got fixed:
    • can't select a default calendar nor have the calendar default to my system wide standard. This means. whenever adding an appointment, it defaults to the local calendar, unless I select my standard calendar manually!
    • getting the message "selcted calendar is currently switched off" when adding an appointment. I have not "selected" any calendar (see above), nor is any of my calendars switched off.
    • Klicking on a particular day and then adding an appointment DOES NOT create the appointment for that very day, but ALWAYS for "tomorrow". Have to select the desired day manually, without having an overview on potential other appointments.
    • Once an appointment was created, this "app" does not allow for deleting it !?!

Are they serious? All of these requirements are very basic ones for any decent calendar app. How dare they to take money for that c**p? How come they have any godd reviews at all? Fakes?
    don't know if they're fakes. just surprised it's something other than a city guide...
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    12-11-13 11:03 AM
    If you are unhappy about the product have you attempted to get a refund?
    12-11-13 11:06 AM
    If you are unhappy about the product have you attempted to get a refund?
    No.
    Now that I already paid for it, and it doesn't financially ruin me, I prefer to observe what this company is doing. Will they be willing or capable to roll out a decent product in due time? Or are they really just what they are known for, releasing 40.000 times what is basically the identical product, and now "enhancing" their business model by ripping off paying customers like myself by releasing half baked products that make no sense?
    If they release an update to address these issues in the very near future, I'll be the first to apologize. But I doubt I'll have to.
    12-11-13 01:21 PM
    It is only ripping you off if you let them. Leave a poor review to protect other buyers and get your money back. Of you do nothing why would they bother changing anything? Posting here warns some, but does little overall to the developer.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:04 AM
    It is only ripping you off if you let them. Leave a poor review to protect other buyers and get your money back. Of you do nothing why would they bother changing anything? Posting here warns some, but does little overall to the developer.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder what makes you think that I have not reviewed the product. I did so, a couple of days ago already. I'm posting here in addition to reviewing, to reach as many people as possible.
    By the way, until today, my review has not gone online. No bad words used, just listed the points from this thread, and rated 1 star only.

This, and reviews like "best app ever" (even without the issues that I listed, calling such an app "best ever" seems inappropriate), is feeding my doubts over the reviews being real.
    12-12-13 08:12 AM
    I wonder what makes you think that I have not reviewed the product. I did so, a couple of days ago already. I'm posting here in addition to reviewing, to reach as many people as possible.
    By the way, until today, my review has not gone online. No bad words used, just listed the points from this thread, and rated 1 star only.

This, and reviews like "best app ever" (even without the issues that I listed, calling such an app "best ever" seems inappropriate), is feeding my doubts over the reviews being real.
    The app vendor can deny a review (has to go through a ticket with BlackBerry). So it is possible your review was blocked. Beat course of action is a refund I would think. So to protect yourself at the very least.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:59 PM

I would never download anything from S4BB not even if it's free. The apps from that dev is just plain garbage
    12-13-13 10:47 PM
    Crap App for sure. Author has no real sense of customer service either.

Avoid like the plague.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-14-13 10:12 AM
    The app vendor can deny a review (has to go through a ticket with BlackBerry). So it is possible your review was blocked.
    If this is true ( and I have no reasons to doubt it), then BBRY have supported denial of a review which did not contain any bad language nor insults etc., but listed issues of the app, and gave it a 1 star only rating.
    And if this is true, then BBRY apparently didn't want to p**s off a "developer", who released 40.000 (or so) BB10 apps, making the app count in BB World look better than it is. Despite most of these apps being pointless and of doubtful quality.

As neither S4BB nor BBRY (of course not) have released a statement on this, I have no other conclusion to make.
    12-14-13 10:49 AM

gnirkatto,

Thanks a lot for your great feedback. We have already put those 4 points on our roadmap for Calendar Week View. In fact, some where there already, but we haven't had time to implement them just yet. We will bring an update that addresses your points as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your patience and again thanks for your great feedback. It helps us a lot in improving our products.

If you need a more direct channel to talk to us, please join our BBM Channel "C0010CD54" and start a chat. We're more than happy to get more feedback from power users like you.
    12-16-13 09:45 PM
    gnirkatto,

Thanks a lot for your great feedback. We have already put those 4 points on our roadmap for Calendar Week View. In fact, some where there already, but we haven't had time to implement them just yet. We will bring an update that addresses your points as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your patience and again thanks for your great feedback. It helps us a lot in improving our products.

If you need a more direct channel to talk to us, please join our BBM Channel "C0010CD54" and start a chat. We're more than happy to get more feedback from power users like you.
    Dear S4BB,

writing a nice and friendly letter is one thing.
    Releasing and selling a product that is not half baked and that contains the basic features that every simple calendar application should have, would be more helpful.

On top of all that, you released ANOTHER update to your app today, which does not address ANY of the issues that I listed. On the contrary, it now does no longer allow for a different than the local calendar to be selected manually, which was possible in the previous version.

So all in all, with the latest update, the software got even worse than it was before.

Best Regards,
    G.
    12-18-13 06:35 PM
    You made your point to the developer. Time to move on.
    Dear S4BB,

writing a nice and friendly letter is one thing.
    Releasing and selling a product that is not half baked and that contains the basic features that every simple calendar application should have, would be more helpful.

On top of all that, you released ANOTHER update to your app today, which does not address ANY of the issues that I listed. On the contrary, it now does no longer allow for a different than the local calendar to be selected manually, which was possible in the previous version.

So all in all, with the latest update, the software got even worse than it was before.

Best Regards,
    G.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:55 PM
    You made your point to the developer. Time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    Please don't educate me. I will continue until this gets fixed, hoping to help others avoiding the ripoff. If you feel annoyed, there is a solution. Don't follow the thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:49 PM
    Subscribed.
    Please don't educate me. I will continue until this gets fixed, hoping to help others avoiding the ripoff. If you feel annoyed, there is a solution. Don't follow the thread.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:30 PM