Api changes so we are stuck with dropbox in our BB10 files folder that doesn't work nor can't be fixed as api's changed and blackberry won't be addressing this. BB10 Is dying faster then I thought. Wish we could remove Dropbox at least and just use the apk but nope, it has to stay there unusable in our files folders!..

Not even cobalt can fix this one. Was nice. I suppose OneDrive and Box are next! Hehe..

Just used it lastnight to... hah.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    09-28-17 02:33 PM
    Until api for box and onedrive don't change it will works on bb10. After for simple backup we can use Smb connection to blackberry without usb cable

lolo69 #welove&weshare
    09-28-17 02:45 PM
    API changes have affected some Android apps as well like file managers. Seems like Dropbox doesn't want to cater to 3rd parties having access to Dropbox.
    09-28-17 02:54 PM
    API changes have affected some Android apps as well like file managers. Seems like Dropbox doesn't want to cater to 3rd parties having access to Dropbox.
    If I remember correctly it's just the older API getting shut off today. I can still access Dropbox through Solid Explorer because it's using the newer (v2) API.
    ume_kun likes this.
    09-28-17 02:55 PM
    09-28-17 03:32 PM
    Booo, update api! Yet another droid app needed and worse of all, a dead link of dropbox in our file manager. If anything blackberry remove it.. that's not hard. Any monkey can do that whom has the access.
    09-28-17 03:33 PM
    Solid Explorer is an android app thurask?
    09-28-17 03:33 PM
    Booo, update api! Yet another droid app needed and worse of all, a dead link of dropbox in our file manager. If anything blackberry remove it.. that's not hard. Any monkey can do that whom has the access.
    BB won’t remove anything! BB10 is dead... it cost money just to touch it.
    09-28-17 03:34 PM
    BB won’t remove anything! BB10 is dead... it cost money just to touch it.

HA.. so you mean my silent screams via CB are in vein?

09-28-17 03:41 PM
    I never liked the word "dead" cause when I look it up as a definition it doesn't suit BB10 "yet"... inactive, yeah! Never coming back, probably.. JS.

Cobalt breathed allot of life into BB10 when she would of been half dead I consider her only 65% dead to most and only 5% dead to me. Like she has hiv but not full blown aids yet. Medicine can Cure her as in update, but, that won't happen. We are the silent few!

Only the majority gets updates because of money! Makes the world go round. Doesn't matter who or what's best!

This issue effects me now but still nowhere near leaving BB10 but sad to see the ugly Dropbox in my native file manager knowing it's useless. I always liked BOX better anyways.. better name.

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 09-28-17 at 03:56 PM.
    09-28-17 03:42 PM
    Just uninstall the Connect to Dropbox app and the link will automatically remove itself.
    09-28-17 03:49 PM
    Just uninstall the Connect to Dropbox app and the link will automatically remove itself.
    Oh really? Thanks man, great to know and get this over with. I will try to do this now. Great to know there is a way as to me that is just as good as a api update as there are many cloud services to pick from.. again, thanks.

I just assumed It was a system app..
    .... as in not able to be Uninstalled.

09-28-17 03:57 PM
    ..and POOF no more Dropbox.

09-28-17 04:11 PM
    So do I need to remove my stuff from dropbox? I have stuff in there ccan I get from Web or what I'm confused

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 04:11 PM
    So do I need to remove my stuff from dropbox? I have stuff in there ccan I get from Web or what I'm confused

Posted via CB10
    Delete the BB10 version and if need it installl the android version(your stuff is still there) as it works well just stop it from running when minimized. If you don't want it and can use just box and/or OneDrive then yes, move everything to those and no more broken dropbox. I deleted it to remove it from file manager and will install the droid version as voxer uses it anyway so that my calling..

09-28-17 04:32 PM
    Delete the BB10 version and if need it installl the android version(your stuff is still there) as it works well just stop it from running when minimized. If you don't want it and can use just box and/or OneDrive then yes, move everything to those and no more broken dropbox. I deleted it to remove it from file manager and will install the droid version as voxer uses it anyway so that my calling..

Ok so basically I can still get my stuff off dropbox elsewhere just not through bb10?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 04:41 PM
    Ok so basically I can still get my stuff off dropbox elsewhere just not through bb10?

Posted via CB10
    That's correct.
    09-28-17 04:56 PM
    If I remember correctly it's just the older API getting shut off today. I can still access Dropbox through Solid Explorer because it's using the newer (v2) API.
    ah. Wonder why Asus File Manager dropped it then, V2 has been around for almost 2 years. I thought maybe further changes in V2 caused problems.
    09-28-17 04:59 PM
    ...and I cancel my paid Dropbox subscription, since they no longer want my business.

I'm not upset or disappointed. DropBox made a valid business decision, and so did I.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Just Me and idssteve like this.
    09-28-17 05:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can still access your existing files through the BB10 browser but the native app will no longer work. Any Dropbox app on any platform that uses their latest API should still work.

...and I cancel my paid Dropbox subscription, since they no longer want my business.

I'm not upset or disappointed. DropBox made a valid business decision, and so did I.

In this case it's on BlackBerry for not updating the API as they're the developers of Connect to Dropbox.
    09-28-17 05:11 PM
    You can still access your existing files through the BB10 browser but the native app will no longer work. Any Dropbox app on any platform that uses their latest API should still work.

In this case it's on BlackBerry for not updating the API as they're the developers of Connect to Dropbox.
    The whole reason I use DropBox is as a repository of marketing collateral that I attach to emails I sent from my phone. It's worked because it's been fast and fully integrated with BB10. Using the Browser is a waste of time. I'll just use OneDrive.

I don't blame BlackBerry or DropBox for not updating the app. There's no real reason either should, at this point. But there's also no reason for me to pay DropBox for a service I can no longer use effectively.

Just Me likes this.
    09-28-17 05:36 PM
    Logging out of the "Connect to Dropbox" app will also remove Dropbox from the File Manager. No need to uninstall... but no point in keeping it around, either, is there?
    09-28-17 06:48 PM

AMEN! Go with BOX. I like yandisk and the native app YaDisk is crazy good, feels baked in..

09-28-17 09:13 PM
    Logging out of the "Connect to Dropbox" app will also remove Dropbox from the File Manager. No need to uninstall... but no point in keeping it around, either, is there?
    Not unless a miracle happens and a major dev or BB themselves support bb10. Not! Dead app.. I did write dropbox for fun! Hope others do to so they know they are losing..

09-28-17 09:15 PM
    What is everyone preference. Onebox or Box?
    09-28-17 11:46 PM
78 123 ...