I use BPOD as my go-to app for podcasts. I hope he keeps it updated. Tried Nobex, but I alway go to BPOD. Great app

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 07:46 AM
    Hi Knoware,

I know this app is in maintenance mode, but would it be possible to change the keyboard shortcut for Next to something other than B? The way it is now, T can be used to go to the top of the Playlist, but B can't be used to go to the bottom.
    04-30-16 03:11 AM
    Hi Knoware,

I know this app is in maintenance mode, but would it be possible to change the keyboard shortcut for Next to something other than B? The way it is now, T can be used to go to the top of the Playlist, but B can't be used to go to the bottom.
    Maintenance mode? It seems that we are not even at that stage anymore...sadly...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 08:23 AM
    I'm also finding some bugs. For example, if I set a given podcast to "override system settings" for download behavior, on some podcasts, but not all, the changed setting won't stick.
    05-03-16 01:47 PM
    Maintenance mode? It seems that we are not even at that stage anymore...sadly...

Posted via CB10
    Sadly indeed. I also find it unfortunate that bb10 has been abandoned. Of course, the result of this was inevitably a full re-write of bPod for Android. For now, at least for the next few months, until the official release of the app or a critical bug shows up in an upcoming release I'll likely keep my attention drawn to the Android version. I haven't rules out a maintenance update in the future.

For those of you who made the transition to Android already I'm happy to say that bPod is in Alpha. Those brave and certainly patient enough PM me for the link. It's a good time to get your say in how the app develops. bPod was and hopefully will continue to be result of what podcast listeners want in an app.
    jope28 likes this.
    05-10-16 08:47 PM
    Sadly indeed. I also find it unfortunate that bb10 has been abandoned. Of course, the result of this was inevitably a full re-write of bPod for Android. For now, at least for the next few months, until the official release of the app or a critical bug shows up in an upcoming release I'll likely keep my attention drawn to the Android version. I haven't rules out a maintenance update in the future.

For those of you who made the transition to Android already I'm happy to say that bPod is in Alpha. Those brave and certainly patient enough PM me for the link. It's a good time to get your say in how the app develops. bPod was and hopefully will continue to be result of what podcast listeners want in an app.
    I like bPod a lot. But since you asked for input, one thing I've missed in bPod is a feature that is present in Guttenpodder on webOS. In the now playing list in Guttenpodder, there's a "play all from here" option. It's a great option in the car, because it will play the next thing in the list (without any need to take an action and get distracted). I'd love to have that feature in an android app. I'd use it on my Q10 and pay for it again.
    05-10-16 10:54 PM
    I like bPod a lot. But since you asked for input, one thing I've missed in bPod is a feature that is present in Guttenpodder on webOS. In the now playing list in Guttenpodder, there's a "play all from here" option. It's a great option in the car, because it will play the next thing in the list (without any need to take an action and get distracted). I'd love to have that feature in an android app. I'd use it on my Q10 and pay for it again.
    I'm pretty sure that might already be available. There's a continuous play option in the settings that automatically plays the next podcast, is that what you mean?. If it is, good news, it's already included in bPod for android.
    05-11-16 06:51 PM
    Yes. That's it! In fact, it's already in the BB10 app too. I never thought about it being implemented through the settings rather than through a menu. Thanks!
    05-11-16 07:34 PM
    Not critical by any means, but I'm finding that some podcasts streams that seem to have changed their format slightly are appearing twice, and keep reappearing when the duplicate is removed

Is there anything I can check or fiddle with manually to get rid of them

http://pseudopod.org/feed/podcast/

for instance has two separate subscriptions with different stream art
    05-12-16 03:18 PM
    i've seen this happen, too, usually with the same podcast multiple times. NPR All Songs Considered seemed to be doing this every week for a while. another music cast, Coverville, did this, too.

also annoying? when a show changes their episode numbering format and makes an entire catalog look "new", so bPod grabs them all!
    05-13-16 04:53 AM
    Plenty of little bugs here and there, but we get abandoned long time ago by the dev.
    He moved his business to Android it seems!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 07:53 AM
    i've seen this happen, too, usually with the same podcast multiple times. NPR All Songs Considered seemed to be doing this every week for a while. another music cast, Coverville, did this, too.

also annoying? when a show changes their episode numbering format and makes an entire catalog look "new", so bPod grabs them all!
    I've seen this and agree, both the duplicate episodes and wholesale downloads of a channel are annoying. bPod detects new episodes by periodically comparing the XML-RSS feed items (aka episodes) if any of the key and unique characteristics of an episode changes it's considered 'new'. This is why it's a real no-no for feed publishers to modify the 'past', it causes havoc and confusion with RSS readers (which a podcast manager basically is).

Duplicate episodes will often appear when podcast publishers post an episode, notice a mistake in the audio or feed, then reposts with a different time stamp. There isn't much that can be done except allow a user to selectively erase a podcast episode from the internal database. I can't depend on the title to be unique, nor the description. It's next to impossible to find a consistent way of detecting duplicate episodes due to the variety of way feeds are published.

As for the bulk download of a channel, something needs fixin'. Possibly an alert/dialog to the user warning of excessive amounts of downloads added to the queue and asking for intervention.
    05-13-16 08:09 AM
    Plenty of little bugs here and there, but we get abandoned long time ago by the dev.
    He moved his business to Android it seems!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you're being fair. Truth is since Blackberry moved to Android my BB10 sales have decreased by 75%. Also, I'm getting an increasing amount of requests to make bPod available for the Priv, which runs Android. What would you do?
    05-13-16 08:13 AM
    I don't think you're being fair. Truth is since Blackberry moved to Android my BB10 sales have decreased by 75%. Also, I'm getting an increasing amount of requests to make bPod available for the Priv, which runs Android. What would you do?
    I would make an android app too, but for my honor and reputation, I would not leave the fruit of my works roting on a store with broken code and bugs...
    I would think to new customer buyin that app...and they didn't get warned that the app have bugs, and that they will not get fixed anymore...
    And what? Your purchase is still welcome, but you will buy a broken app?

Is this that fair?

If I bought your app in the first place, that because I liked it too.

And I don't want to be too rude, but best to be frank!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 08:35 AM
    Sure, you got every right to do so. But, it would still be great, to at least maintain your current user base. Don't forget, your app is the only native podcast client for BB10.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-13-16 08:43 AM
    I would make an android app too, but for my honor and reputation, I would not leave the fruit of my works roting on a store with broken code and bugs...
    I would think to new customer buyin that app...and they didn't get warned that the app have bugs, and that they will not get fixed anymore...
    And what? Your purchase is still welcome, but you will buy a broken app?

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate your candor. I also agree with your point and have been avoiding making a decision. The options as I see it is to leave it up on the store and get to a maintenance patch once the other version is done. Another option is to remove it from the store altogether (a growing trend on the bb10 store) or provide it for free on the basis that it's end-of-life'd (App store lets you make your app free, but not charge for it again at a later point). Let's keep in perspective that the app is only $1.

The first option provides the most flexibility and freedom down the road. The next certainly would help maintain a better reputation as an app developer, and the last option closes the door on the BB10 app version and exposes 10x more people to the annoying bugs (not to mention killing my inbox)

So, how broken is the app? Are the functions it currently fulfills with its flaws still worth a dollar?
    05-13-16 08:49 AM
    I appreciate your candor. I also agree with your point and have been avoiding making a decision. The options as I see it is to leave it up on the store and get to a maintenance patch once the other version is done. Another option is to remove it from the store altogether (a growing trend on the bb10 store) or provide it for free on the basis that it's end-of-life'd (App store lets you make your app free, but not charge for it again at a later point). Let's keep in perspective that the app is only $1.

The first option provides the most flexibility and freedom down the road. The next certainly would help maintain a better reputation as an app developer, and the last option closes the door on the BB10 app version and exposes 10x more people to the annoying bugs (not to mention killing my inbox)

So, how broken is the app? Are the functions it currently fulfills with its flaws still worth a dollar?
    How broken? I don't want to use the word. Here are my minor irritations.

1. I still see the update service stop once in a while. I still don't see any common actions or anything that correlates with the symptom. When I notice, I open settings and start the service again.

2. I also see the duplicates. But I see it in two scenarios. First, just when relying on the update service I see duplicates on some feeds regularly, and these I can blame on the feed and not bPod. The other scenario is when I do a manual update from the update screen. I do this every once in a while because I get concerned the update service may have missed some episodes. But what happens is bPod does download some podcast episodes, but they are episodes I have already listened to and deleted. So it it looks to me like bPod doesn't recognize listened to podcasts the same in the two different modes. Either way, I just delete the duplicate when I come to it and move on. Not a big irritation.

3. I wish the T and B keys could be shortcut keys to scroll to the top or the bottom of Now Playing. If there could also be a key to scroll to the podcast selected that would be great. I understand these would be new features.

4. When bPod is opened and the Now Playing screen is selected, the screen opens at the top of the list. My preference would be that it opens to the selected podcast episode. When I select play, the screen stays at the top of the list instead of scrolling to the playing podcast episode. The screen does scroll to show playing episode when one episode ends and the next starts, and that is great.
    05-13-16 11:20 AM

$1 is a very small amount to pay for an app, given the work involved in programming it. I really don't think the expected return justifies a great effort at addressing bugs and feature requests at this point. None of us work for free and we shouldn't expect anyone else to do so. This app has served me well for a long time. Thanks for creating it.
    penk, Knoware, Trunkton and 1 others like this.
    05-13-16 02:35 PM
    Fixing unreasonable expectations is a problem for every developer on every platform.

I'd personally pay for another version that attempted to mitigate some of the outstanding issues, but I'd don't think that's an attitude you could rely on generally to decide whether or not it's worth keeping a BlackBerry version going
    penk and Knoware like this.
    05-14-16 01:39 AM
    Hi Knoware,

If this helps anyone else, I just found out that the N key works as a shortcut to get to the bottom of the playlist!
    06-11-16 01:11 PM
    You made a good app it's #3 on my homescreen and I use it for more than a dozen closely followed shows. It's the best and worth more than $1. If anything make a bPod 2 and charge $3.99 for it or something even if you wanted to go $7.99. If other Android Podcast dev's can get away with it why shouldn't you? People seem to be paying for Neutron and it's not $1.

Thank you so much for putting all the time and effort you did into this elegant app. You're a great asset to BB10.
    06-14-16 01:25 AM
    Good news! bPod is now Free. No Ads, no analytics, just podcasts. Tell your friends.

Oh, and bPod for android is now available. It's in Alpha but it's being updated weekly if not more often:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...are.bpod&hl=en
    I'd love your feedback.
    08-22-16 10:23 PM
    Good news! bPod is now Free. No Ads, no analytics, just podcasts. Tell your friends.

Oh, and bPod for android is now available. It's in Alpha but it's being updated weekly if not more often:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...are.bpod&hl=en
    I'd love your feedback.
    Very generous of you.
    This has been my Podcast app for ages and has always worked great.

Kudos on a well made app!

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    08-23-16 11:12 PM
    Great app, and I'd echo the sentiment, very generous. Hope it leads to other opportunities
    08-29-16 12:02 PM
    Just bought the Android app and will be testing it out. If it has the same features as the BB10 app (particularly, the ability to skip ahead and back with volume controls), then I'll be a very happy camper.

Updated: no skipping with volume controls, at least on a Galaxy S6 Active.
    Any plans for this to be in a future release?
    Last edited by mmveets; 08-29-16 at 06:07 PM.
    08-29-16 04:45 PM
524 ... 18192021