Greetings!

I recently noticed that the device storage available on my z10 device decreased from 7GB+ to just under 3GB in a relative short period of time. My photos and videos are stored on my Media Card and although I have installed some of the recent free games and apps, these programs are relatively small and should not have caused this decrease in storage.

Using Device Monitor and focusing on the Storage tab, I was concerned with the Box and CB apps and the amount of storage they used.

I was wondering if anyone can point me to guidance or share some configuration info that I must be missing so these apps don't use this much device storage.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Double-Zero; 04-10-14 at 02:44 PM.
    04-10-14 02:08 PM
    And here's the snapshot of my Device Manager storage
    Box - Device storage concerns-img_20140410_104703.png

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 02:11 PM
    The CB app needs to be deleted and reinstalled. There is no way to empty the cache right now.
    Box Im not sure about. Maybe someone else has an idea??
    Double-Zero likes this.
    04-10-14 02:11 PM
    Double-Zero,

Please check this. Open File Manager > Box. Do the folders have what looks to be a pushpin on them? If so, you have probably pinned the folders. I believe that this forces Box (or Dropbox) to retain local copies of the files stored on Box (or Dropbox). This could certainly take up extra device storage -- quickly.

To Unpin, from the main Box view, tap the overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right) and tap "Unpin Box". If this is actually your issue, it should resolve it. I would suggest doing this while on WiFi, as the unpinning will force Box to re-sync with your device -- this could take up a chunk of your data plan.

Hope this helps.
    Double-Zero, jaydee5799 and iled like this.
    04-10-14 03:30 PM
    Thanks for the info but none of my folders show a Pin symbol. Honestly, I didn't know what that icon was within the app did until you mentioned it.

I sent message to the developer and hope to receive a response soon. If I receive any good information about this, I'll make sure to post it.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-10-14 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the info but none of my folders show a Pin symbol. Honestly, I didn't know what that icon was within the app did until you mentioned it.

I sent message to the developer and hope to receive a response soon. If I receive any good information about this, I'll make sure to post it.

Posted via CB10
    When was the last sync? You can tell using the app, it shows up in the homescreen. I suggest doing one now.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    Double-Zero likes this.
    04-10-14 03:47 PM
    Thanks Frankiam. The last sync was performed recently. Appreciate the response.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 04:12 PM
    So... I have been in communication with Box and here is their last response :

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with much information about this issue. I suggest you contact Blackberry support team, as they are more familiar on how Box is integrated with their operating system.

Pleas let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Box Support

Now, I'm a fan of Box but I'm somewhat surprised Box couldn't come up with the suggestion of at least removing the Box app and reinstalling....

If anyone has any additional information, I would appreciate it...

00 - Posted from my z10
    04-17-14 06:41 PM
    Uninstall box. Restart. Reinstall. Enjoy your new found space.

Box keeps everything in cache that you have ever accessed / downloaded from your box account. An uninstall clears this cache.
    04-19-14 03:51 PM
    Both apps are poor at controlling the cache and not offering a way to clear it.

Box is way out of line and this needs to be addressed. It's a cop on their part.

Been enough said about the issues CB app has. But yet here we sit with no fix and an app that does much less than its Droid counterpart. A true shame and reflects where this company puts its resources into.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-19-14 05:41 PM
    BlackBerry 10 as an OS should really provide an automatic memory management. So far, app developers are the one cleaning their app storage usage.

But crackberry app developer seems stopped working on it hence not providing a way for the app to clean itself.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:40 AM