Application Name: Blue TouchPad

Summary: This application turns your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard.

Features:
    - No need to install any server software on your remote device
    - This application makes your BlackBerry 10 device appear as a generic Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    - Native Cascades application with Built for BlackBerry certification.
    - Media control keys

Supported mouse gestures:
    - Left mouse click
    - Right mouse click
    - Wheel scroll up and down
    - Wheel pan right and left
    - Left mouse click and hold

Supported Keyboard keys include the following:
    - Function keys (F1 to F12)
    - CTRL, ALT, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, Tab, ESC
    - Arrow keys, Page UP, Page Down, Home, End, Pause

*Note*: This application requires 10.2.

This application has been tested successfully to control the following devices:
    - PCs (Windows 7 & 8)
    - Apple Mac Book and Mac Book Pro
    - Android tablets and phones (recent devices tested only)
    - BlackBerry 10 devices (Q10, Z10, Z30)
    - BlackBerry PlayBook
    - Other devices that normally accept a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse might just work.

This application *cannot* control the following devices:
    - Apple iPhone
    - Apple iPad
    - Playstation 3

Price: $0.99

Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140307_002848.png   Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140307_002402.png   Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140306_193129.png   Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140306_193140.png   Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140307_002418.png  

Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140307_003004.png   Blue TouchPad - Turn your BlackBerry 10 device into a Bluetooth touch pad and keyboard-img_20140527_074105.png  
    Last edited by zourlabs; 05-29-14 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Updated screen shots for 1.6.1.1
    11-07-13 07:30 PM
    Wow!!! This sounds like just what I need for work!!
    Going to try this very soon! Love new gadgets and using my phone like this will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-07-13 07:34 PM
    Everyday it's another great app!! I'm getting this!!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:39 PM
    Awesome! So gonna get this one!!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:07 PM
    Good luck with your app - and I just might have to investigate it myself.
    11-07-13 09:43 PM
    99� = buy it and unless it's just a totally fake LIE, it's gonna come in handy at some point.

USE YOUR BB10 KEYBOARD TO DRIVE YOUR IPHONE OR ANDROID! How bout THAT! :-)

EDIT I see it says it won't work with iOS devices... but you know what would be even better?

Could you put together an BBOS app that would make my old 9810 (Torch) device into a fully functional Bluetooth keyboard and mouse? The devices aren't worth much in trade in or resale value, so having an app that could turn a 9810 or 9900 into a pocket-sized wireless mouse / keyboard accessory that could pair with almost any device would make that old 9810into a highly sought-after mobile accessory!
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 11-07-13 at 10:19 PM.
    jordandrews90 and Thunderbuck like this.
    11-07-13 10:08 PM
    Just purchased this and works like a charm. Good job!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:32 AM
    Mhh a New Wireless mouse for my Laptop for 0,99$ ? Nice Deal ;-)
    11-08-13 10:45 AM
    Why did you reinvent the keyboard? I would like to be able to use the BlackBerry 10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:14 AM
    Why did you reinvent the keyboard? I would like to be able to use the BlackBerry 10 keyboard. Posted via CB10
    The main reason is the following: the BlackBerry keyboard is very efficient at making corrections to what you type. That's why they can afford to use small keys and rely on the auto correcting algorithm to fix mistakes while you type. In this application, key strokes need to be sent directly to the remote device. If we use the BlackBerry keyboard, you will find that you are making many more incorrect key strokes. The way to address this problem is to increase the size of each key in order to minimize incorrect key strokes. Our keyboard makes full use of the your device's screen.

Is there a functionality that is missing?
    11-10-13 10:09 AM
    Great app! Especially no agent needed. Just one quick question: How do I perform right mouse click? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:04 PM
    Great app! Especially no agent needed. Just one quick question: How do I perform right mouse click? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you like it

To do right mouse click tap on the screen with two fingers. The help menu shows you how to perform other mouse operations. In order to access the help menu you will need to first disconnect from the remote device then swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Burner001 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:25 PM
    Bought it, promising app! Did anyone test it with a ps3? Wolf

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:52 PM
    Glad you like it

To do right mouse click tap on the screen with two fingers. The help menu shows you how to perform other mouse operations. In order to access the help menu you will need to first disconnect from the remote device then swipe down from the top of the screen.
    The Help says nothing about right or left click function, it covers only pairing. This is serious omission. I don't have to search forum to learn the functionality of the app. Disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:27 PM
    The Help says nothing about right or left click function, it covers only pairing. This is serious omission. I don't have to search forum to learn the functionality of the app. Disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    To access the help related to touch pad gestures then you need to be in that screen, not the screen that shows you the list of paired devices. Once you are in the touch pad screen, make sure you are not connected to a remote device and swipe down from the top of the screen and select help. The help menu is context sensitive to the screen you are in. When you are in the list of the paired devices the Help menu shows you help on how to pair with a device. When you are in the touch pad screen, the help menu shows you information about gestures and how to use the touch screen.

We are sorry that was not obvious. We are going to add a quick tutorial for the app in order to improve on this point.

Thanks for your feedback.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-17-13 02:11 PM
    A new version (1.5.0.5) of Blue TouchPad is now available. This version brings in the following features:
    - The ability to use the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on touch devices. The full keyboard can be selected from the settings menu.
    - A multifunction Bluetooth connection signal strength indicator that can be used to connect/disconnect from the remote device.
    - Name of remote device is now displayed on the touch pad.
    - A gesture tutorial that shows how different mouse movements can be performed.
    Wolfgan and 1122334455667788 like this.
    12-05-13 09:13 AM
    Hi,
    First, I would like to congratulate you with providing us with such great app. I use it daily with my mac mini connected to my TV.
    I do have couple of things that I would like to be addressed in next update.
    Main icon - top corners have white pixel artifacts. Although, very minor annoyance, but it bugs the hell out of me.
    Keyboard shortcut for ALT and SHIFT are not sticky. You have to keep them depressed while pressing the other button for it to work. I swear, it used to work for me before, but after the latest update, it doesn't.
    Also, what is the reason this app doesn't work with P33? I would pay triple for this feature alone,
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pavel.leskov; 02-10-14 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-09-14 11:43 AM
    Another suggestion: make use of SYM button on Q models, map it to Command on mac or Start on Windows.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 03:50 PM
    Hi pavel.leskov,

Thanks for your comments and we value all the feedback we get. The next update is going to address the main icon issue and will also have an improved active frame page.

For the keyboard buttons ALT and SHIFT, if you hold the button down it will be sticky and will not release unless you press it again to release. The one thing that we do not do is send a single ALT or SHIFT key press by itself to the remote device, is this what you are looking for? Are you having this issue with the Z10 or the Q10?

For PS3, it seems when you try to pair the BB10 device with the PS3, the PS3 does not show it as an option because it's filtering devices that are not classified as a "peripheral". A BB10 device is classified as a "Phone" and that's why the PS3 does not show it. We would love to support the PS3 but unfortunately this has to do with how the PS3 discovers devices. One member of CB, TheoRadu, reported that he got it work with PS3 but we are not sure how this is possible.

--
    Zour Labs

Hi,
    First, I would like to congratulate you with providing us with such great app. I use it daily with my macmini connected to my TV.
    I do have couple of things that I would like to be addressed in next update.
    Main icon - top corners have white pixel artifacts. Although, very minor annoyance, but it bus the hell out of me.
    Keyboard shortcut for ALT and SHIFT are not sticky. You have to keep them depressed while pressing the other button for it to work. I swear, it used to work for me before, but after the latest update, it doesn't.
    Also, what is the reason this app doesn't work with Ps3? I would pay triple for this feature alone,
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:30 PM
    This is another valid suggestion for physical keyboard devices. Others have suggested to connect the SYM button to the CTRL key. We will look into that.

Thanks,
    Zour Labs

Another suggestion: make use of SYM button on Q models, map it to Command on mac or Start on Windows.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:32 PM
    Great app! Thanks dev. One question though. If using to control another bb10 device, how do you close out / minimize an app to active frame to access other apps? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:34 PM
    Thank you for such a swift reply. I am on Q10. Anywhere in bb10, when I press Shift it would capitalize next letter I press, there is no need to keep Shift depressed. Not to confuse with long press. Where as in Blue Touchpad, I HAVE to keep it depressed, forcing me to use my both hands. It wasn't like that when I first downloaded your app, buit it is now. I always run latest leaks, and I format my phone a lot, so cannot remember when exactly it stopped functioning correctly for me.
    As for PS3, well, it's a bummer. I also saw above said user claiming that it works with it. Hopefully, he replies and let us know how he managed it, it'd be nice to get it working on PS3, or any other devices it doesn't do currently.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:40 PM
    This is another valid suggestion for physical keyboard devices. Others have suggested to connect the SYM button to the CTRL key. We will look into that.

Thanks,
    Zour Labs
    , I can see why others suggested CTRL, it make more sense on Windows PC, where as Mac users would rather opt for Command button. But, as I thought more about it, it be nice to make SYM button a toggle for virtual keyboard (where ESC, ALT, etc are). It would be a very nice and easy way to bring virtual keyboard up and bring it down, going back to mouse pad. I never liked long press ESC to go back, and SYM button seems to be a good substitute. Besides, even SYM label would kind of match the function. We could always fit Command button somewhere on virtual key board then. While we are here, can you tell me what is the function of the bottom left button on the virtual keyboard, the one with A in a square?
    One other thing. Very frequently, as I use your app, I accidentally swipe up from the bottom and the screen goes to home screen. I wish there was a toggle button to disable swipe up from the bottom (in place of virtual keyboard button, for example) - am not sure it could be done though, bottom swipe up is BB10 OS system wide gesture.
    Once again, thank you for your prompt reply and such a useful app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pavel.leskov; 02-10-14 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling again, autocorrect drives me nuts at times
    02-09-14 10:45 PM
    Don't need the app, but will buy because the developer took time and effort to build for BlackBerry.

Thank you for your hard work.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and zourlabs like this.
    02-09-14 10:53 PM
    Done

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:54 PM
98 123 ...